X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aceriana
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    With all of your images it's the whole frame. I've never seen an example of color being a problem with only a specific area of the image, unless we're talking about chromatic aberrations, which are not the issue here. It may be easier to see in one area (i.e. white fuselage), but it's affecting the whole frame.
    Roger... got that. So it is the whole frame.
    Wow.

Is there any chance you / we can open a Thread for spotters who have this color blindness issue? It might be a good place to exchange ideas and help.
    I have been digging around and cannot find a "tool" that helps me - besides having someone sit next to me when I edit photos - much to their boredom.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    I asked around for help regarding the color issue.
    In some rejections the color issue is very very subtle and the viewers told me that the red or blue colors of the plane play with our eyes and distort the white area a little - not necessarily being very blueish or red.

In this Tunis Air - the one here in the forum - where do you see the color issue? All over or a certain part of the plane?
    With all of your images it's the whole frame. I've never seen an example of color being a problem with only a specific area of the image, unless we're talking about chromatic aberrations, which are not the issue here. It may be easier to see in one area (i.e. white fuselage), but it's affecting the whole frame.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    It does not seem to be the same image as either of the two rejected images. The color issues remain with this one as well.
    I asked around for help regarding the color issue.
    In some rejections the color issue is very very subtle and the viewers told me that the red or blue colors of the plane play with our eyes and distort the white area a little - not necessarily being very blueish or red.

In this Tunis Air - the one here in the forum - where do you see the color issue? All over or a certain part of the plane?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21814[/ATTACH]

I am playing around with the temperature controls of Adobe Camera Raw.
    Is this better for upload vs my rejection?
    It does not seem to be the same image as either of the two rejected images. The color issues remain with this one as well.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TSIMW_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1,021.1 KB
ID:	1032939

I am playing around with the temperature controls of Adobe Camera Raw.
    Is this better for upload vs my rejection?

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    Contrast is too low on both. Both also have slight green/cyan cast, as seen in your other images. Horizon might be an issue on the first as well, if re-submitted.
    Hmmm....the fact that contrast is low seems quite odd to me. That is why the rejection confuses me.
    If you said right away "bad color" I would agree.

That is something I wish you screeners would fix a little more. Rejection motifs.
    Sometimes they are completely off the wall when they try to say something else.
    Take my 2 photos. I think the contrast issue is bogus. The color issue is quite true - maybe even the horizon as you say.
    But this conversation finishes here and goes nowhere. Therefore my suggestions go nowhere and rejection motifs remain at times - vague or simply wrong.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    My usual share of color related rejections is coming in like hot bread... but these 2 rejections are a mystery for me

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7112539
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7112545

Can you kindly tell what the specific issue is, given that both have the rejection motif: Too much or too little contrast
    Thank you
    Contrast is too low on both. Both also have slight green/cyan cast, as seen in your other images. Horizon might be an issue on the first as well, if re-submitted.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    My usual share of color related rejections is coming in like hot bread... but these 2 rejections are a mystery for me

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7112539
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7112545

Can you kindly tell what the specific issue is, given that both have the rejection motif: Too much or too little contrast
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21732[/ATTACH]

Is this re-edit better?
    Better, yes.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied

Name:	TCMCE_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Size:	934.9 KB
ID:	1032873

Is this re-edit better?

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21725[/ATTACH]

Howdy Dana... if you are bored can you check if this is OK for upload? Gracias.
    Borderline color for cyan/green cast.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied

Name:	TCMCE_IST_14lug2018_TOff.jpg
Size:	971.9 KB
ID:	1032866

Howdy Dana... if you are bored can you check if this is OK for upload? Gracias.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    and meanwhile.... your pic was already deleted 2 days ago....
    Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2019-02-11, 13:13.

Leave a comment:

• aceriana
    replied
    I love it when people expect snap replies from a volunteer crew. I'm on vacation, and yet I'm still taking time to reply to your posts. Be patient, and all things will be taken care of.
    Maybe you should ask the screeners workers union for better pay, paid vacations and more help in managing the forum...

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Paging screeners.... paging screeners..... hello? Anybody out there?
    I love it when people expect snap replies from a volunteer crew. I'm on vacation, and yet I'm still taking time to reply to your posts. Be patient, and all things will be taken care of.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X