Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited to 1280 pixels

Hello To the moderators,
    From today I was limited to post pictures with a max. of 1280 pixels, instead of the usual 1920 max.
    Can anyone explain why?
    Sincerely,
    Ike

Originally posted by ikeharel View Post
    Hello To the moderators,
    From today I was limited to post pictures with a max. of 1280 pixels, instead of the usual 1920 max.
    Can anyone explain why?
    Sincerely,
    Ike
    Hi,

Your large upload limit was removed after some discussion amongst the senior screeners. Most of your photos uploaded at 1920 were being rejected, so your acceptance ratio is well below what we would expect from someone who has been approved for such a large size.

If you are able to improve your acceptance ratio in the future, you may re-apply for the larger size approval.

Comment

Sincerely, I did not want to make this a public issue, but feel that it has to be said:

Most of my rejected photo were on issues that could be corrected, which I managed to do on several occasions.

I had several rejection titled "same-plane picture uploaded", though I strictly folowed the number 4 item/rule on the "General Submission Guidelines", and certaily a different angle of the planes (though I see many same-plane photo being uploaded).

Admittedly, one rejection I got when by mistake I hit the "hot-photo" botton.

So, now I get an "upload-limit" removal merely because I was trying to improve my planes-photos. I can live with a max. of 1280 pixels, that's fine.
      Will continue to follow the guidelines.
      With all due respect,
      Ike Harel

Comment

Ike,
        You have an overall 29% acceptance ratio (since you joined JP). Sorry but that's way under what we can except from someone uploading pics at 1920. We were going to send you a message about it today but as you came in the forum, it's a good message for everyone. When you have large size approval, only use it if you're sure about what you're doing.

Like it's been said, upload pics at smaller size, improve your acceptance ratio for the next 50 uploads and then you can request large size again

Hope you understand
        regarde
        Alex

Comment

Perfectly understood, Alex, its your prerogative to decide and will live up to it.
          Though, I only use Canon DPP 4.0 for processing, I do not use nor have Adobe-Photoshop, so probably doomed to stay on lower % acceptance.

I still wish to get an answer about the "same-plane" issue which I raised. This is important issue for me, as same planes makes same routes to Israel frequently.

regards,
          Ike

Comment

Though, I only use Canon DPP 4.0 for processing, I do not use nor have Adobe-Photoshop, so probably doomed to stay on lower % acceptance.
            Since when PS or LR is considered as the one and only software to process pics and have them accepted?

You may use latest, paid version of whatever software you want and still get multiple rejections.
            It's all about your eye and workflow.

Personally I never used PS or LR and I don't see any relation of software used to acceptance ratio.

Comment

I still wish to get an answer about the "same-plane" issue which I raised. This is important issue for me, as same planes makes same routes to Israel frequently.

regards,
              Ike
              https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8010023 accepted photo

rejected photo : https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6327237

If you consider that as not similar then you REALLY need to spend some time reading the upload guideline. Those 2 shots are the definition of similar itself, same sequence (same date), same angle, everything is similar there.

Alex

Comment

Indeed Alex?
                How about checking plane 4X-EMC from 28/09/2017 ? same plane, same A/P minutes of interval between, yet -this member has no less than 6 same plane pictures in similar 3 pairs + two inflight pictures. Also on this same registration you may find other multiple posts by other two members. Right now I do not have time to look for more - but certainly there are more of these examples.
                My post of plane reg. N79011 was with time interval of two-and-a-half years, and certainly not same angle.
                Really,
                Ike

Comment

Indeed Alex?
                  How about checking plane 4X-EMC from 28/09/2017 ? same plane, same A/P minutes of interval between, yet -this member has no less than 6 same plane pictures in 3 pairs of the same + two inflight pictures. Also on this same registration you may find other multiple posts by other two members. Right now I do not have time to look for more - but certainly there are more of these examples.
                  Really,
                  Ike
                  Ike, I'm just a member, but I found interesting to explain the 2.6 Similar from the guidelines as I understand.

Means that you have a similar photo already in the database. Please upload only your best photos, try to be creative. Similar refers to:
                  - a photo taken from the same sequence the same day e. landing, taxiing, ramp parking or take off
                  or
                  - same registration, similar angle or composition or same background taken on different dates.
                  - Close up views and full or partial views of an a/c taken at the same angle, are generally considered similar.
                  From the user you've said there is (not ethic to say any name/id/nickname here pls):

2 from the same day: different angles
                  2 from inside the aircraft (cabin and cockpit)
                  1 from a different date and background
                  2 from different date and background
                  1 with an old livery.

and also I think the similar guidelines has been updated after some of this shots..that is...not applied to old photos.

In you case, you have two photos, with same backgrounds, same dates and same side/angle...for sure is similar.

I hope this explanation can help

Best Regards,

Vinicius

Comment

Exactly Vilnius, very complete and correct reply.

And seriously Ike, instead of pointing out other people's shot when are you going to admit that screeners were right ? No need to kick it in corner and talk about other photographer. We're taking about your shots, and anything that has happen to other's people picture is not going to change the fact that your shots were correctly rejected.

I think you should not only question your uploads but also your attitude. Take responsibility of your mistakes and stop accusing the screeners, or pointing other people's picture.
                    Thank you

Comment

Not accusing anyone, but myself, Alex, so how come you had let me posted on one occasion, same day / same plane / same landing on two diff. pictures? or same plane same angle on T/O from a diff. day? the rules had changed, suddenly?

I apologize for keeping you to the thread. Understood and taken full responsibility for what I do.
                      It will now be an un-disclosed period until I cool off and post again.
                      Ike

Comment

Rules have changed on january 2017 and that was well announced in the forum. The pics uploaded before had different rules but again, we're only discussing your shots and they have been correctly rejected. You now got assistance, explanations. I suggest you really check the upload guideline carefully, and edit your shots at 1280 for some times

Have a nice weekend
                        Alex

Comment

Hi Ike.

I do not know what your level of skill is with photo editing and what exactly your needs are, but... I am very much a newbie and have found that Photoshop Elements (around $99) works quite well for me to adjust the lighting, contrast, and sharpness of photos. It's much cheaper than the full version of Photoshop and you need only buy the application once, no subscription model.

Comment

Working...
                          X