ikeharel - Pre-screen / Pre-upload advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikeharel View Post
    1. To TomEPKK here is the link: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6570582
    2. To oplu7: Photoshop is not mandatory software on JP. I use Canon-DPP software.
    3. To Alex: You addressed my notes and not the issue. How slight JPEG Compression is acceptable, as always there may be a compression to a certain extent as of any upload.
    I once kept the Equalized original's for learning reasons - and saw where there was a real compression, and where actually not. Than according to those - I did cancel some posts as a result of compression realized. Being with more than 50 years of photography ( I am 65 and hold a camera since 13) you can trust me that I do not speak without judguing words.
    Please reconsider the issue, and please again - not my written words.
    Sincerely, with regard to all members reading this,
    Ike Harel
    I am just addressing this bit here: "How slight JPEG Compression is acceptable, as always there may be a compression to a certain extent as of any upload." There is no exact indicator for JPG compression. If the edges are fuzzy, large areas of one colour (e. g. sky) are too blotchy, then we will more likely reject it.

And just one word of advice: read your messages to others twice, before sending them. How would you react if you got these messages you wrote in your appeals?
    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

TO LX-A343,
      You were definitely right when critisized my MSG. Already sent a personal MSG with an appology to the person it was directed to.

And to further clarify about the issue, just few months ago I realized I was limited to 1280 pixels when posting photos. Consequence to that, immediately I had an unusual number of "JPEG Compression" rejections, apparently due to this limit, to my opinion.

I do not work with Photoshop, use Canon-DPP, and tried to elaborate on this with Canon experts in the USA and England - but to no avail.
      That is the reason for my disappointmen, and when told "not to blame the site" - I was very angry, because I did not get an answer on the appeals for that and other rejections, just a simple reply "appeal rejected".
      I now decided to refrain from posting new pictures on JP, for an undisclosed period of time, and again my appologies to whome offended by my words.
      Sincerely,
      Ike Harel

Comment

This A/C Dreamliner picture was rejected for Overexposed,Undersharpened (Soft), Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue) . Appealed and rejected again.
        On the "comment to the screener" section, I indicated it was a hazy day. Light condition rapidly changed and indeed it has a yellowish tone on the backdrop.
        What a miss...
        Any chance for a re-assessment?
        Ike

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6035 C-FRSR.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	743.8 KB
ID:	1031622

Comment

Name:	IMG_6192 4X-CXX.JPG
Size:	631.1 KB
ID:	1032151
          Hello to the team.
          Wonder if this picture would be rejected for violating JP rules according to section 3.4.3 Motive ?
          Or it may be passed as the pilot's face are "covered" with sun-glasses microphone and headphones?
          Ike

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20856[/ATTACH]
            Hello to the team.
            Wonder if this picture would be rejected for violating JP rules according to section 3.4.3 Motive ?
            Or it may be passed as the pilot's face are "covered" with sun-glasses microphone and headphones?
            Ike
            Pilots are not considered under the motive rule, so allowable. Image his quite soft, however.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              Pilots are not considered under the motive rule, so allowable. Image his quite soft, however.
              Thanks, Dana,
              Will try to work this out.
              Ike

Comment

Name:	IMG_6268 Gate E2G.JPG
Size:	909.9 KB
ID:	1032179
                Hello to the team,
                Should I post the picture attached as an airport overview, as it concentrate mostly on the building and the gate ?
                Regards,
                Ike

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20886[/ATTACH]
                  Hello to the team,
                  Should I post the picture attached as an airport overview, as it concentrate mostly on the building and the gate ?
                  Regards,
                  Ike
                  Yes, Airport Overview, but since there is really not much to see, there is a good chance it would be a motive rejection.

Comment

Yes, Airport Overview, but since there is really not much to see, there is a good chance it would be a motive rejection.
                    Thanks Dana, will skip this one.
                    Ike

Comment

Hello to the screening team,
                      I have this picture taken in JFK back in April 1978. It is a scanned photo with small size of 885/590 pixels, 403 kb.
                      My question : would it will be accepted with such a small size?
                      Sincereley,
                      Ike Harel

Name:	Concord in JFK F-BVFC.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	1104304

Comment

Hi Ike,

Unfotrunatelly the width is under the minimum requirements as per the guidelines.
                        2. The long edge of a photo must be at least 1024 pixels, while the short edge must be at least 576 pixels. Images that are overcropped (very narrow) will be rejected. Currently your maximum approved upload size is 1920 pixels wide.
                        Try to upsize it without losing much of the quality.

Greetings
                        Sotiris
                        https://www.jetphotos.com/photographer/29739

Comment

Originally posted by flying Doc View Post
                          Hi Ike,

Unfotrunatelly the width is under the minimum requirements as per the guidelines.

Try to upsize it without losing much of the quality.

Greetings
                          Sotiris
                          No go...
                          Tried but did not maintain even the same quality, which is low by the original scan.
                          I gave up, thanks Sotiris.
                          Ike

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0941 LLHZ ramp.JPG Views:	0 Size:	803.2 KB ID:	1105393
                            Good evening,
                            This picture of a ramp in Herzlyia airport, LLHZ, was rejected for "Bad composition (aircraft not centered)"... on my appeal the note by the screener said "too low in the frame" .
                            Now, I did not find a mandatory note in the guidlines stating just that (section 1.2.3 to the guidlines) and saw several pictures from diff. airports, ramp pic.s, aerodrom's photos that were accepted on JP gallery, where planes were not really in any center, vertically nor horizontally.
                            My question to the mod's would be if there is any general instruction imposing centerpoint of such a photo? or, what's the point to impose center-ballance of this type of overview?
                            I merely included the tower and part of the runway with the trees of the backdrop on the scene, a further crop would ruin the outcome altogether.
                            Sincerely,
                            Ike

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0941 LLHZ ramp.JPG Views:	0 Size:	803.2 KB ID:	1105393
                              Good evening,
                              This picture of a ramp in Herzlyia airport, LLHZ, was rejected for "Bad composition (aircraft not centered)"... on my appeal the note by the screener said "too low in the frame" .
                              Now, I did not find a mandatory note in the guidlines stating just that (section 1.2.3 to the guidlines) and saw several pictures from diff. airports, ramp pic.s, aerodrom's photos that were accepted on JP gallery, where planes were not really in any center, vertically nor horizontally.
                              My question to the mod's would be if there is any general instruction imposing centerpoint of such a photo? or, what's the point to impose center-ballance of this type of overview?
                              I merely included the tower and part of the runway with the trees of the backdrop on the scene, a further crop would ruin the outcome altogether.
                              Sincerely,
                              Ike
                              Seems just a bit unbalanced to me. Maybe crop a bit closer to the treetops, or better yet, go for 3:2 instead of 16:9 and include the extra space at the bottom of the frame.

Comment

Seems just a bit unbalanced to me. Maybe crop a bit closer to the treetops, or better yet, go for 3:2 instead of 16:9 and include the extra space at the bottom of the frame.
                                Hi Dana,
                                Thanks for the advise.
                                Anyway, the general question is about the guidlines which I expect a clarification, as I see many photos where the planes is not centered in an "airport overview". can you refer to this issue?
                                Also, why in the first rejection I got, there was other remark ("Horizon unlevel"), which I fixed and re-upload, but had no reference to the "bad composition..." issue?
                                Sincereley,
                                Ike

Comment

Working...
                                X