X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ikeharel
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Can't really comment on the latter having not screened either of the images in question. As for guidelines, there is nothing specific, I'm guessing the image above was rejected simply for aesthetic reasons (with which I'd tend to agree). Sorry if that doesn't help too much!
    Thanks for the reply, Dana.
    Indeed, aesthetic reason, which always in the eyes of the beholder, and there is nothing in the guidlines about it - that's exactly my point.

As mentioned - saw several accepted photos to JP gallery where the plane / or planes were not centered in the overview image.

Luckily, this airfield is about 16km from home, so I will be able and intend to visit the place yet again.
    Good evening,
    Ike

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by ikeharel View Post

Hi Dana,
    Thanks for the advise.
    Anyway, the general question is about the guidlines which I expect a clarification, as I see many photos where the planes is not centered in an "airport overview". can you refer to this issue?
    Also, why in the first rejection I got, there was other remark ("Horizon unlevel"), which I fixed and re-upload, but had no reference to the "bad composition..." issue?
    Sincereley,
    Ike
    Can't really comment on the latter having not screened either of the images in question. As for guidelines, there is nothing specific, I'm guessing the image above was rejected simply for aesthetic reasons (with which I'd tend to agree). Sorry if that doesn't help too much!

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied

Seems just a bit unbalanced to me. Maybe crop a bit closer to the treetops, or better yet, go for 3:2 instead of 16:9 and include the extra space at the bottom of the frame.
    Hi Dana,
    Thanks for the advise.
    Anyway, the general question is about the guidlines which I expect a clarification, as I see many photos where the planes is not centered in an "airport overview". can you refer to this issue?
    Also, why in the first rejection I got, there was other remark ("Horizon unlevel"), which I fixed and re-upload, but had no reference to the "bad composition..." issue?
    Sincereley,
    Ike

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0941 LLHZ ramp.JPG Views:	0 Size:	803.2 KB ID:	1105393
    Good evening,
    This picture of a ramp in Herzlyia airport, LLHZ, was rejected for "Bad composition (aircraft not centered)"... on my appeal the note by the screener said "too low in the frame" .
    Now, I did not find a mandatory note in the guidlines stating just that (section 1.2.3 to the guidlines) and saw several pictures from diff. airports, ramp pic.s, aerodrom's photos that were accepted on JP gallery, where planes were not really in any center, vertically nor horizontally.
    My question to the mod's would be if there is any general instruction imposing centerpoint of such a photo? or, what's the point to impose center-ballance of this type of overview?
    I merely included the tower and part of the runway with the trees of the backdrop on the scene, a further crop would ruin the outcome altogether.
    Sincerely,
    Ike
    Seems just a bit unbalanced to me. Maybe crop a bit closer to the treetops, or better yet, go for 3:2 instead of 16:9 and include the extra space at the bottom of the frame.

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0941 LLHZ ramp.JPG Views:	0 Size:	803.2 KB ID:	1105393
    Good evening,
    This picture of a ramp in Herzlyia airport, LLHZ, was rejected for "Bad composition (aircraft not centered)"... on my appeal the note by the screener said "too low in the frame" .
    Now, I did not find a mandatory note in the guidlines stating just that (section 1.2.3 to the guidlines) and saw several pictures from diff. airports, ramp pic.s, aerodrom's photos that were accepted on JP gallery, where planes were not really in any center, vertically nor horizontally.
    My question to the mod's would be if there is any general instruction imposing centerpoint of such a photo? or, what's the point to impose center-ballance of this type of overview?
    I merely included the tower and part of the runway with the trees of the backdrop on the scene, a further crop would ruin the outcome altogether.
    Sincerely,
    Ike

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied
    Originally posted by flying Doc View Post
    Hi Ike,

Unfotrunatelly the width is under the minimum requirements as per the guidelines.

Try to upsize it without losing much of the quality.

Greetings
    Sotiris
    No go...
    Tried but did not maintain even the same quality, which is low by the original scan.
    I gave up, thanks Sotiris.
    Ike

Leave a comment:

• flying Doc
    replied
    Hi Ike,

Unfotrunatelly the width is under the minimum requirements as per the guidelines.
    2. The long edge of a photo must be at least 1024 pixels, while the short edge must be at least 576 pixels. Images that are overcropped (very narrow) will be rejected. Currently your maximum approved upload size is 1920 pixels wide.
    Try to upsize it without losing much of the quality.

Greetings
    Sotiris

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied

Hello to the screening team,
    I have this picture taken in JFK back in April 1978. It is a scanned photo with small size of 885/590 pixels, 403 kb.
    My question : would it will be accepted with such a small size?
    Sincereley,
    Ike Harel

Click image for larger version

Name:	Concord in JFK F-BVFC.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	402.5 KB
ID:	1104304

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied
    Yes, Airport Overview, but since there is really not much to see, there is a good chance it would be a motive rejection.
    Thanks Dana, will skip this one.
    Ike

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20886[/ATTACH]
    Hello to the team,
    Should I post the picture attached as an airport overview, as it concentrate mostly on the building and the gate ?
    Regards,
    Ike
    Yes, Airport Overview, but since there is really not much to see, there is a good chance it would be a motive rejection.

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied

Name:	IMG_6268 Gate E2G.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	909.9 KB
ID:	1032179
    Hello to the team,
    Should I post the picture attached as an airport overview, as it concentrate mostly on the building and the gate ?
    Regards,
    Ike

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied
    Pilots are not considered under the motive rule, so allowable. Image his quite soft, however.
    Thanks, Dana,
    Will try to work this out.
    Ike

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]20856[/ATTACH]
    Hello to the team.
    Wonder if this picture would be rejected for violating JP rules according to section 3.4.3 Motive ?
    Or it may be passed as the pilot's face are "covered" with sun-glasses microphone and headphones?
    Ike
    Pilots are not considered under the motive rule, so allowable. Image his quite soft, however.

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied

Name:	IMG_6192 4X-CXX.JPG
Size:	631.1 KB
ID:	1032151
    Hello to the team.
    Wonder if this picture would be rejected for violating JP rules according to section 3.4.3 Motive ?
    Or it may be passed as the pilot's face are "covered" with sun-glasses microphone and headphones?
    Ike

Leave a comment:

• ikeharel
    replied
    This A/C Dreamliner picture was rejected for Overexposed,Undersharpened (Soft), Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue) . Appealed and rejected again.
    On the "comment to the screener" section, I indicated it was a hazy day. Light condition rapidly changed and indeed it has a yellowish tone on the backdrop.
    What a miss...
    Any chance for a re-assessment?
    Ike

Name:	IMG_6035 C-FRSR.JPG
Size:	743.8 KB
ID:	1031622

Leave a comment:

Working...
X