Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cedarjet201 - Pre Screening

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cedarjet201 - Pre Screening

    Hello Everyone,
    Could i please get a pre screen on this shot
    Thank you so much

    p.s taken handheld 1/100 iso 6400 and F1.6 does this classify as being A Hot Upload ? i have tried to look for the (Hot upload Guide Line) But Cant seem to find it

    Thanks again

    Wael.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	G-YMMN.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	1045286
    What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?



  • #2
    Originally posted by Cedarjet201 View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Could i please get a pre screen on this shot
    Thank you so much

    p.s taken handheld 1/100 iso 6400 and F1.6 does this classify as being A Hot Upload ? i have tried to look for the (Hot upload Guide Line) But Cant seem to find it

    Thanks again

    Wael.

    [ATTACH=CONFIG]13834[/ATTACH]
    Very nice. It's a bit soft (especially towards the nose), but personally I'd overlook that given the nature of the shot. I'd bet that the rest of the screening team would likely agree, but if you want to increase your chances, try sharpening it a bit before submitting.

    As for hot, why do you think it would qualify? Is it a new registration or new livery?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Cedarjet201 View Post
      Hello Everyone,
      Could i please get a pre screen on this shot
      Thank you so much

      p.s taken handheld 1/100 iso 6400 and F1.6 does this classify as being A Hot Upload ? i have tried to look for the (Hot upload Guide Line) But Cant seem to find it

      Thanks again

      Wael.

      [ATTACH=CONFIG]13834[/ATTACH]
      In addition: no, it is not considered a hot upload, as it is not news worthy.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks so much for that gents
        What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?


        Comment


        • #5
          Pre Screening & Tips Editing Advice

          Hello All,
          Could I please get this Pre Screened,
          to me, there are allot of Jpeg artifacts in the sky due to allot of crop used etc,
          whats the best way to fix this? I'm using photoshop cc

          Thank you.

          Wael


          Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6625-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	1029002
          What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Cedarjet201 View Post
            Hello All,
            Could I please get this Pre Screened,
            to me, there are allot of Jpeg artifacts in the sky due to allot of crop used etc,
            whats the best way to fix this? I'm using photoshop cc

            Wael


            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16978[/ATTACH]

            Hi, you answered your own question here - big crop/far away quality not there for me
            T

            Comment


            • #7
              Hello T,
              Thanks for your Reply.
              That's a Real shame if only I was closer to it so I gather there isn't a fix for this then
              What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?


              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cedarjet201 View Post
                Hello T,
                Thanks for your Reply.
                That's a Real shame if only I was closer to it so I gather there isn't a fix for this then
                fair question - the issues are to me non fixable. just to illustrate tho (I don't normally do this)



                shame - good spot.

                T

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Cedarjet201 View Post
                  Hello All,
                  Could I please get this Pre Screened,
                  to me, there are allot of Jpeg artifacts in the sky due to allot of crop used etc,
                  whats the best way to fix this? I'm using photoshop cc

                  Thank you.

                  Wael


                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]16978[/ATTACH]
                  To try and avoid that kind of compression in the sky, try importing the image from RAW as a 16-bit .tiff file (rather than the usual 8-bit jpeg) and do all of your editing as a tiff. Make the last step before uploading to convert to 8-bit and then to jpeg, and you might avoid a lot of that compression/banding you see in the sky.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi! Please could someone pre-screen this image. It is Wael's image and he's asked if I could post it on his behalf. Haven't tried the trick that Dana mentioned yet, but that will be the next step if this still shows too much JPEG compression. Thank you for your time!

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	92-9000_EGSS_6625.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	272.9 KB
ID:	1029010

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                      To try and avoid that kind of compression in the sky, try importing the image from RAW as a 16-bit .tiff file (rather than the usual 8-bit jpeg) and do all of your editing as a tiff. Make the last step before uploading to convert to 8-bit and then to jpeg, and you might avoid a lot of that compression/banding you see in the sky.
                      Hello dlowwa ,
                      Thank you for that i will surely try this and get back to you with some results
                      What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
                        Hi! Please could someone pre-screen this image. It is Wael's image and he's asked if I could post it on his behalf. Haven't tried the trick that Dana mentioned yet, but that will be the next step if this still shows too much JPEG compression. Thank you for your time!

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]16988[/ATTACH]
                        Hi Kyle,
                        Thanks again for taking your time in helping me out it looks way better than what i've been trying to edit
                        Looking forward for the Pre Screening Results
                        What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KyleMcKinlay View Post
                          Hi! Please could someone pre-screen this image. It is Wael's image and he's asked if I could post it on his behalf. Haven't tried the trick that Dana mentioned yet, but that will be the next step if this still shows too much JPEG compression. Thank you for your time!

                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]16988[/ATTACH]
                          Would be rejected for oversharpened, and possibly color & compression.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Hi dlowwa,
                            I have tried your technique and here is the result
                            fingers x
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	92-9000.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	252.6 KB
ID:	1029011
                            What is that mountain goat doing way up here in the clouds?


                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Cedarjet201 View Post
                              Hi dlowwa,
                              I have tried your technique and here is the result
                              fingers x
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]16989[/ATTACH]
                              A bit soft, but otherwise ok.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X