Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordan Williams View Post
    Hey there,

I was wondering if I would be able to get some feedback in terms of how to improve my photography and editing skills for the future regarding my last rejection,

Beforehand I want to thank you guys for taking the time to sort through and screen the image(s), I can't imagine how hard that job is and I thank you very much for your hard work!!

I was first wondering how to go about sharpening my images correctly? Most of the time I typically will either undersharpen and in some rare cases oversharpen as well, Is this something that I should look at improving when I edit my images or when I take the photos?

Secondly I was wanting some advice in getting better contrast and brightness in my images, that seems to be my second biggest issue alongside sharpening

Lastly, just a quick question with dust in images (like the one that got rejected today), is there any way to counter this when editing or is it just something to be cautious of with cleaning the lens prior to going out and shooting?

Thanks very much for your time,
    With Kindest Regards,
    Jordan Williams

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6748045
    This one is actually not too bad. I think the contrast is ok; just needs a little sharpening and removal of the dust spot along the top edge. Sharpening for the web can be tricky, but generally most images will need some sharpening before being submitted here. How much exactly is subjective, and you'll just need to develop an eye for what is considered acceptable. Dust can be checked for and removed during editing. Cleaning your sensor more frequently would make this less necessary, but with DSLRs, it is very difficult to keep the sensor clean for an extended period of time, so better to get in the habit of checking for dust spots when editing.

Comment

Excellent! I'll make the adjustments and keep your advice in mind for the future! Thanks heaps for your time and help!

Comment

Hey again,

I re-edited a similar photo from that particular shoot and was wondering if this was still to soft and/or needed more sharpening?
        Just really trying to get a gauge as to what is acceptable

Thanks again!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hey again,

I re-edited a similar photo from that particular shoot and was wondering if this was still to soft and/or needed more sharpening?
          Just really trying to get a gauge as to what is acceptable

Thanks again!

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6770429
          You'll need to remove that from the queue if you'd like feedback from the crew as we don't comment on images already in the queue.

Comment

My full apologies for that, I didn't realise,

Here is a link to Flickr, I have removed it from the queue,
            Cheers!

Comment

My full apologies for that, I didn't realise,

Here is a link to Flickr, I have removed it from the queue,
              Cheers!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/157241...posted-public/
              This would be rejected for soft and low contrast, with the former being the bigger issue. It's almost blurry, so either the original is quite poor, or the edit is severely lacking.

Comment

No worries, Thanks for your help! I'll keep all of your advice in mind for future photography!

Comment

Pre-screen - Jordan Williams

Hey There,

Recently took these two images, would it be possible to get a second opinion on whether or not they are acceptable for the database (especially the one of the 737) and if not what things I should look at doing to possibly improve them?

Thanks heaps,
                  Kindest Regards,
                  Jordan

Comment

the 737 photo isnt centered in frame and it would be a reject for crop and aircraft not centered in frame not sure but could be a reject due to the yellow cast aswell
                    kindest regards from a fellow member

Comment

No worries! Thanks for you help!

Comment

Just wanted to check there was no issues with the picture of the terminal? I was just slightly worried with that one that the two signs facing the opposite way would be considered as 'obstructing objects',

I was also wondering if anyone else knew whether a rejection would occur with the yellow mask created by the apron lights? I only ask this for future photography at Palmerston North airport,

Cheers!

Comment

Hey There,

Recently took these two images, would it be possible to get a second opinion on whether or not they are acceptable for the database (especially the one of the 737) and if not what things I should look at doing to possibly improve them?

Thanks heaps,
                          Kindest Regards,
                          Jordan
                          1. dark, color, borderline centering
                          2. motive

In the future please post all new advice/pre-screening requests in the thread you already have open.

Comment

No worries, sorry about that will make sure to do so in future!

Comment

Firstly I apologies for not using this original thread, I didn't realise it was still on here and i'm sorry for any inconvenience it caused,

Anyway, I was wondering if it were possible to get some advice on whether or not this photo would be acceptable and if not how to go about editing it if possible?

Thanks again and Kindest Regards,
                              Jordan

Comment

Firstly I apologies for not using this original thread, I didn't realise it was still on here and i'm sorry for any inconvenience it caused,

Anyway, I was wondering if it were possible to get some advice on whether or not this photo would be acceptable and if not how to go about editing it if possible?

Thanks again and Kindest Regards,
                                Jordan
                                Please post the image you actually plan to upload.

Comment

Working...
                                X