• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iain Ashmore - Rejected Photo/Editing Advice

I

Originally posted by Iain Ashmore View Post
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6406393

The above photo was rejected for being too dark.

I find this hard to take especially as when looking at the histogram it actually shows that it would be too light and in-fact could become over exposed should the exposure be taken up much further.

Now the gods that be. If this is too dark, how would you suggest that I correct it? Photography os supposed to be a social hobby where people help one an another, so here I am clearly asking for help!

I look forward to the replies.
    Just needs a little more brightness, imho. The histogram shows this with the gap on the right side. Aim for something like the left side here, and it should be acceptable:

Click image for larger version

Name:	24220_1519504286.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	1022720

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Just needs a little more brightness, imho. The histogram shows this with the gap on the right side. Aim for something like the left side here, and it should be acceptable:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14175[/ATTACH]
      Is this more like it?

Sorry for being a pain, but for once I actually want to learn how to get my photo looking right.

All I have simply done here is up the exposure by +55.

Comment

Is this more like it?

Sorry for being a pain, but for once I actually want to learn how to get my photo looking right.

All I have simply done here is up the exposure by +55.
        Not being a pain. Exposure looks acceptable to me now.

Comment

[QUOTE

Comment

Any editing advice appricated oo-snd

Comment

Both are dark, lacks contrast and do not have a good light (diretly in the aircraft). Better wait a feedback from the screeners but...besides it's a beautiful aircraft I don't think this photos can pass

Comment

Was it token this morning? If so: I also tried, but there was simply to much fog. You're result is better than mine anyway!

Comment

Any editing advice appricated oo-snd
                  I'm sorry, but did you not say you were no longer interested in having your images hosted on this site? I'm always happy to offer advice, but it seems odd you now have an image in the queue, and are asking for advice again. Did something change in the past 6 days?
                  Just for future reference, making statements like "Screeners are you having a laugh" and "Don’t see the point of Pre-Screening" might not be the best way to encourage those who are offering you their time in giving advice.

As for the two images above, yes, they would be rejected for dark/contrast due to the poor light.

Comment

Originally posted by Merijn View Post
                    Was it token this morning? If so: I also tried, but there was simply to much fog. You're result is better than mine anyway!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14586[/ATTACH]

No they was from Sunday but in equally challenging conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                      I'm sorry, but did you not say you were no longer interested in having your images hosted on this site? I'm always happy to offer advice, but it seems odd you now have an image in the queue, and are asking for advice again. Did something change in the past 6 days?
                      Just for future reference, making statements like "Screeners are you having a laugh" and "Don’t see the point of Pre-Screening" might not be the best way to encourage those who are offering you their time in giving advice.

As for the two images above, yes, they would be rejected for dark/contrast due to the poor light.
                      Time is a healer. Yes we all made statements we would not normally make but thats in the past. Are we going to carry on about the past and live there or are we going to move on.

Comment

Iain,
                        We are more than happy to move on and help you. As Dana said, sarcastic back chat does not help your cause. There are times when I want to have a rant but I never get personal. You have a team of crew members here who will help you. They have a combined experience amounting to a couple of hundred years. Yes different screeners may have different ideas but then, photo processing is not an exact science.

.....so.... let's move on.
                        Last edited by brianw999; 2018-03-27, 10:54.
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Are these two any good for uploading?

Comment

Are these two any good for uploading?

Both have banding in the sky which I can't quite tell if is just clouds or due to compression. Crop is a bit wide on the first, and the second has some kind of glare/reflection or maybe poor dust removal next to the nose.

Comment

Next on the list here is an A350 from a couple of months ago.

Thank you guys for the help. Now im listening instead of being right, if that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X