zelda26 - Editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zelda26 - Editing advice

Hi, i've recently started spotting. My first upload to JP was a disaster so i've been looking the photos I took the first time and the only one I think maybe is good is this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1183a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	837.8 KB
ID:	1045313

could someone tell me if it would be accepted? i think it may be rejected for underexposure or for been blurry (the original one is not blurry at all but it looses so much quality when I resize it, could someone advice about whether there is a way to prevent the massive leak of quality when resizing?)

thank you so much.

Originally posted by zelda26 View Post
    Hi, i've recently started spotting. My first upload to JP was a disaster so i've been looking the photos I took the first time and the only one I think maybe is good is this one:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14254[/ATTACH]

could someone tell me if it would be accepted? i think it may be rejected for underexposure or for been blurry (the original one is not blurry at all but it looses so much quality when I resize it, could someone advice about whether there is a way to prevent the massive leak of quality when resizing?)

thank you so much.
    Not blurry, but likely a contrast rejection due to the poor light.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      Not blurry, but likely a contrast rejection due to the poor light.
      So is there any way to solve it with good results?

Comment

So is there any way to solve it with good results?
        You could try brightening it, but that would likely blow out the background. Better to try again with better lighting conditions.

Comment

What about this one? It's a little weird for me depending on The screen I see it.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thank you.

Comment

What about this one? It's a little weird for me depending on The screen I see it.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Thank you.
            We will not offer advice on images already in the queue.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              We will not offer advice on images already in the queue.
              Sorry. Didn't knew that rule.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3121.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	1022823

I deleted it from the queue. As I said I think it's quite bright, blue tones in small planet planes are darker than in the picture. Could you please tell me if there's something wrong? Thank you.

Comment

It is still in the queue, will be screened in some time.

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
                  It is still in the queue, will be screened in some time.
                  I don't know why It's been removed from my queued photos but the link works. But is not a problem, I have deleted it and I will ask advice again when it doesn't appear in the queue, thank you so much though.

Comment

Sorry. Didn't knew that rule.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14306[/ATTACH]

I deleted it from the queue. As I said I think it's quite bright, blue tones in small planet planes are darker than in the picture. Could you please tell me if there's something wrong? Thank you.
                    That's ok. The idea is that you're asking for pre-screening, which would be kind of pointless if the image has already been submitted.

The image above (now removed from the queue) would be rejected for heat haze and being backlit. There is no way to fix these problems.

Comment

Please could someone tell me what's wrong with the contrast in these pictures? They have been reject and histogram is centered (partially to the right) and the photo is clear and bright.

(Of course I understand the horizon level rejection but I just want to know what did I do wrong with the contrast to improve it)

Thank you so much.

Comment

Please could someone tell me what's wrong with the contrast in these pictures? They have been reject and histogram is centered (partially to the right) and the photo is clear and bright.

(Of course I understand the horizon level rejection but I just want to know what did I do wrong with the contrast to improve it)

Thank you so much.
                        Hi! I'm not a screener but maybe I can help.

There is a lack of black / contrast in the left side from the histogram. The right side talk about whites / brightness. You need to balance this to correct the issue.

Hope this help.

Best,

Vinicius Cruvinel

Comment

Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
                          Hi! I'm not a screener but maybe I can help.

There is a lack of black / contrast in the left side from the histogram. The right side talk about whites / brightness. You need to balance this to correct the issue.

Hope this help.

Best,

Vinicius Cruvinel
                          So, if I don't misunderstand the problem is the lack of "pure black" in the histograms?

Comment

So, if I don't misunderstand the problem is the lack of "pure black" in the histograms?
                            That is the easy side. Problem is, that you took the photo with a high sun slightly behind the aircraft. This results in a washed out "grey-ish" background and a dull looking main subject. BTW, both photos suffer slightly from heat distortion as well, the Aer Lingus a bit more.
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                            X