Wheat - rejection and editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Unfortunately, not much. All of the same issues are still present.
    Oh well, thanks for taking a look I'll look back at it tomorrow with that being said can I get a pre-screening for these images too?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0047-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	1092583
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Wheat View Post

Oh well, thanks for taking a look I'll look back at it tomorrow with that being said can I get a pre-screening for these images too?

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0047-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.49 MB ID:	1092583
      2-3. color, soft, overexposed, contrast
      4. color, soft, overexposed, dirty

Comment

2-3. color, soft, overexposed, contrast
        4. color, soft, overexposed, dirty
        Are these edits any better?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9823-9.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	651.9 KB
ID:	1092624
        Attached Files

Comment

Are these edits any better?

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9823-9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	651.9 KB ID:	1092624
          Not really, and honestly 1 & 3 are not really fixable, so maybe better to give up on those two. #2 is still soft, overexposed, and with a slight red/orange tint.

Comment

Not really, and honestly 1 & 3 are not really fixable, so maybe better to give up on those two. #2 is still soft, overexposed, and with a slight red/orange tint.
            I've edited it more can you please take a look

Name:	IMG_0278-9.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	456.4 KB
ID:	1092661

Comment

I've edited it more can you please take a look

Name:	IMG_0278-9.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	456.4 KB
ID:	1092661
              Soft, overexposed, and part of dust spot below the tail.

Comment

Soft, overexposed, and part of dust spot below the tail.
                Thank you,now with that can you please take a look at these photos

Name:	IMG_0312-2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	1092719
                Attached Files

Comment

• I think I'm done offering advice to you. Made it pretty clear here if you decided to ignore my advice, it won't be available any more:

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  I might comment, but I've found you tend to ignore such advice anyway. I'd be willing to try again, on the condition that you actually follow the recommendations,
                  That DL 350 is in the queue with no change to the exposure or softness to the one I told you would be rejected. Your call of course, but also my call to bail out at this point. Good luck.

Comment

I think I'm done offering advice to you. Made it pretty clear here if you decided to ignore my advice, it won't be available any more:

That DL 350 is in the queue with no change to the exposure or softness to the one I told you would be rejected. Your call of course, but also my call to bail out at this point. Good luck.
                    I took it out of the queue and lowered the exposure and raised the sharpening though I already know the damage has been done

Comment

I took it out of the queue and lowered the exposure and raised the sharpening though I already know the damage has been done
                      Exposure was unchanged (histograms identical), I would not have claimed so unless I had checked carefully. And if the sharpening was adjusted, it also was imperceptible. It's more of a pattern of behavior from you that makes me lose interest in offering any more help. How many times has that close up of the Aeroflot at LAX been rejected for soft (after I told you it was much too soft, even blurry)? And yet it's back in the queue? You are allowed to do submit it as many times as you want, of course, but what's the point of me (or anyone) offering advice if you're going end up doing your own thing anyway? And then the appeals - you appeal things that are not even close to acceptable, without checking here first, which is one of the things we ask you to do if you'd like to benefit from direct feedback from the crew.

If you haven't already, please read here, especially #9, and the general requests that are made:

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...ning-from-crew

Might help you figure out where we're coming from.

Comment

• Good afternoon, when it comes to sharpening and softness does saving a photo as 1200 pixels really hide the soft parts?

Comment

Good afternoon, when it comes to sharpening and softness does saving a photo as 1200 pixels really hide the soft parts?
                          Doesn't necessarily hide them, but will make them less obvious than a higher resolution.

Comment

Doesn't necessarily hide them, but will make them less obvious than a higher resolution.
                            Thank you

Comment

• What's considered a night shot? Because I recall seeing somewhere on this website that dawn and dusk are both considered night shots and I'm wondering if my most recent queue photos are considered one (both were taken at 8 am)

With Regards

Comment

What's considered a night shot? Because I recall seeing somewhere on this website that dawn and dusk are both considered night shots and I'm wondering if my most recent queue photos are considered one (both were taken at 8 am)

With Regards
                                You can find more information clicking here

Comment

Working...
                                X