• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michał Furmańczak - editing advice

Hi !
    It's my first post on this forum, despite uploading photos since last year
    I'm not sure if this photos are ok:
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
    Kind Regards
    M

Hi Michal,

As you are new to the forum you might not now that photos that are already in the queue will not be pre-screened.
    You will have to remove them from the queue first or wait till they are screened normally.

Have a great day,
    Best regards,
    Yannick

Comment

Originally posted by A330-343X
      Oh, that's bad news All right then, I will try this time and wait until they're screened If I get them rejected, I will ask here for help
      Thank You for information.
      Or you could remove them from the queue, and ask again. Might be a faster result for you

Comment

I've decided to do so
        So please tell me if these are ok=are going to be accepted by screeners (I mean it mainly in terms of contrast, because sharpness, centering etc. is ok - contrast is the most common reason for rejection of my photos, fortunately rejections don't occur to me very often ).
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15215[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15216[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15217[/ATTACH]
        Thanks in advance

BTW I can't change my signature, I've tried various browsers and devices, via computer on chrome nothing shows up on editing window, on my phone text is visible but, after trying to change signature the "invalid file" pop-up displays. Please tell me how to change the signature, or fix this problem.
        Sorry, those three images are in the queue, the first one even uploaded after you made this post...

You do understand there is no point in lying about it as we can see all of your images in the queue at any time, right?

Comment

Could You please tell me now if they are acceptable ?
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]15246[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]15247[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]15248[/ATTACH]
          If there is a contrast issue, please tell me whether is too much or too little.

BTW Is it possible for You to remove my profile picture in the gallery (not forum) ? Because there is only option to change it, but I want to remove it.
          Those links are not working.

If you wish to remove your image from your profile, simply upload a blank image like blue sky or something.

Comment

Should be ok now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15254[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15255[/ATTACH]
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]15256[/ATTACH]
            All three are borderline soft, but otherwise shouldn't have any major issues.

Comment

Hi !
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]15457[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]15458[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]15459[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]15460[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]15461[/ATTACH]

Are these acceptable ?
              1. borderline contrast/oversharpened
              2. soft/blurry, contrast, noisy, compression
              3. ok
              4. borderline noisy
              5. borderline oversharpened/noisy

I'd recommend sticking to a maximum 1600pix for the time being, as 1900+ tends to show any flaws much more easily.

Comment

Thanks ! How about those two from post #14 ?
                Maximum 5 images per 24 hours will be commented on by crew.

Comment

Please check these 3:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15462[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]15471[/ATTACH]
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]15508[/ATTACH] <-- this one has been rejected once for contrast, is it ok now ? (if not tell me if I should add or reduce it, and how much)

thanks in advance.
                  1-2 soft/blurry, contrast
                  3. contrast ok

I'll suggest one more time:

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                  I'd recommend sticking to a maximum 1600pix for the time being, as 1900+ tends to show any flaws much more easily.

Comment

Thank You !
                    Yes, I understand but, I'd like to keep myself learning on editing higher resolution. I'll get to perfection one day

As to LH, I've added contrast, and sharpened it a bit, would contrast be ok for this one now, and is it now acceptable ?:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15545[/ATTACH]
                    No, quality is not good enough for 1920pix. More editing will not help.

Comment

That's 1600px version, would You tell me if it's ok now please ? I've sharpened it a little bit and added contrast.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]15548[/ATTACH]
                      Thanks in advance.
                      BTW You're right with quality, I know why You've said it that way - because You want the gallery to present high quality photos That's good, I'll try to stick to "1600px rule" unless I've done photo in quality suitable for 1920px.
                      Would be rejected for blurry & contrast. Maybe time to start working on a new photo.

Comment

Hello,
                        this one got rejected:

I've corrected it (lowered the contrast and reduced brightness), and I'd like to know if it's acceptable now: [ATTACH=CONFIG]17056[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance for help
                        Shadows still lacking any depth, imho.

Comment

Thanks.
                          Do You think that this can be fixed by adding a bit contrast ? like +5 in PS ?
                          Maybe like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]17057[/ATTACH]
                          Still pretty borderline for me.

Comment

Hi,
                            It always comes time for 'not sure' photos , I've got about 40 of them to ask here if they are ok (suitable for upload) - as I remember there is a rule of 5 photos per 24h, so I'll stick to this rule .
                            ONE MORE THING: JETPHOTOS CREW REPLIES ONLY PLEASE .
                            Here's first 5:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]18493[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18494[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18495[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18497[/ATTACH]
                            Thanks in advance !
                            All a little dark, but otherwise ok.

Comment

Thank You !

Next ones please:
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]18503[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18504[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18505[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18506[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18507[/ATTACH]
                              Thanks in advance
                              If you are seriously thinking of posting 40 images from the same day/sequence, there is no need. Unless something significant has changed, you can assume the comments from the first set will apply to the rest as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X