No announcement yet.

Len90: Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sun reflection line under the windows just really gets it and starting off fresh in editing it was starting to get some halos... With that said went for a different shot from the 3/4 rear angle.

Think this one stands a better chance. The change in angle took away a lot of the golden hue. Makes me think this no longer qualifies to have the "night shot" box checked.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Len90 View Post
      The sun reflection line under the windows just really gets it and starting off fresh in editing it was starting to get some halos... With that said went for a different shot from the 3/4 rear angle.

Think this one stands a better chance. The change in angle took away a lot of the golden hue. Makes me think this no longer qualifies to have the "night shot" box checked.
      Still dark/lacking contrast. Might want to aim for something like the right half here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_37432.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	1106791

Comment

Hello,

had this one just rejected for bad info: airline, registration, aircraft, etc. I thought the United 772 in the foreground should be the input and it is registration N78002. Please let me know what to do.

Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

had this one just rejected for bad info: airline, registration, aircraft, etc. I thought the United 772 in the foreground should be the input and it is registration N78002. Please let me know what to do.

Thanks!
          Better uploaded as a Ramp view.

Comment

Hello,

Had these two hit for centering. The 738 was labeled as low in frame. The A319 had no comment attached. I thought balancing it this way helps with the background and the height of the tail; especially from the angle it is taken from. Similar thought on both images. The 319 really looks well balanced as it is. If the fuselage is perfectly centered it will have the tail at the far top of the frame and feel off leveled.

Thanks,
            Len
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Had these two hit for centering. The 738 was labeled as low in frame. The A319 had no comment attached. I thought balancing it this way helps with the background and the height of the tail; especially from the angle it is taken from. Similar thought on both images. The 319 really looks well balanced as it is. If the fuselage is perfectly centered it will have the tail at the far top of the frame and feel off leveled.

Thanks,
              Len
              Please center the fuselage, as with most other images on the DB.

Comment

Hello,

I just had these three all rejected for invalid hot. United airlines recently returned (within the last two weeks) the p and w 772s. All of the planes in old livery are now featuring blue engine cowlings as a way of the airline marking the aircraft as inspected and cleared for revenue service. It makes an interesting hybrid livery. With the flight radar linking I thought these changes plus their return to service with this appearance change would make them “hot”. There are no other shots of a 777-222 in old colors post parking and repair with these blue cowlings. Please note, this is what I was led to believe based on reading the guidelines on the forum prior to uploading.

If I could, may I please have an explanation on these not qualifying. Thanks.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

I just had these three all rejected for invalid hot. United airlines recently returned (within the last two weeks) the p and w 772s. All of the planes in old livery are now featuring blue engine cowlings as a way of the airline marking the aircraft as inspected and cleared for revenue service. It makes an interesting hybrid livery. With the flight radar linking I thought these changes plus their return to service with this appearance change would make them “hot”. There are no other shots of a 777-222 in old colors post parking and repair with these blue cowlings. Please note, this is what I was led to believe based on reading the guidelines on the forum prior to uploading.

If I could, may I please have an explanation on these not qualifying. Thanks.
                  Changed engine cowlings to not qualify as hot, never had since it is a temporary change.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Changed engine cowlings to not qualify as hot, never had since it is a temporary change.
                    However based on the site guidelines it would qualify due to flightradar linkage to ensure up to date information. This is how the Pratt-Whitney 772s will appear now until they are cycled through paint line for full Evo-Blue. To me this is very similar to a nose decal and felt like it would fall into the same category. And I get the counterpoint would be you can see cowlings changed and not match when parts are painted differently, but this is a malicious change to the livery by United.

Number 3 on the Screenshot from the guidelines is what I went by. Sadly there also isn’t a way then for a screen to deprioritize a shot vs reject it. Basically it’s a “punishment” now to lose the upload slots especially if that is the only reason for rejection.

Attached Files

Comment

However based on the site guidelines it would qualify due to flightradar linkage to ensure up to date information. This is how the Pratt-Whitney 772s will appear now until they are cycled through paint line for full Evo-Blue. To me this is very similar to a nose decal and felt like it would fall into the same category. And I get the counterpoint would be you can see cowlings changed and not match when parts are painted differently, but this is a malicious change to the livery by United.

Number 3 on the Screenshot from the guidelines is what I went by. Sadly there also isn’t a way then for a screen to deprioritize a shot vs reject it. Basically it’s a “punishment” now to lose the upload slots especially if that is the only reason for rejection.
                      Thanks for trying to explain the guidelines to someone who helped write them

The mismatch between the new cowlings and old paint is only temporary. When the whole aircraft is repainted, then it will qualify as hot. Until then, you can keep trying to upload them as hot if you don't like/believe my explanation, and don't mind the lost slots

In the future it might be a good idea to ask here if you are unsure, but if you are in a rush to have the images uploaded and accepted, that's the risk you take.

Comment

Had this one that was hit for vignette and bad editing as well as bad info. The bad info was the military checkbox that I clicked about 30 seconds after submission but given it being a new registration it immediately pulled to screening. As for the editing/vignette; the issue in this image is that it was shot on a milky sky and it’s not an actual vignette but rather the clouds making the sky have a slightly hotter appearance over the fuselage vs the surrounding. It doesn’t have the clear circular vignette you would see when equalized. Attached is the image in question.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X