Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRA/ARNspotter
    replied
    Hi! Thanks a lot for your view on my last uploads. I'm unsure if the crop is ok in the 787 photo and would like to get some advice. Furthermore I'm not sure if the horizon is ok in the Iberia photo. Thanks a lot in advance for any advice and have a nice weekend //Henrik
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uzb787.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	617.5 KB
ID:	1076712

Name:	ec-mxa.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	781.4 KB
ID:	1076711
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by FRA/ARNspotter View Post
    Hi!
    Sorry I'm still unfamiliar with the new layout of the forum would be great to hear what you think about these five pictures.

Many thanks in advance,

Henrik
    Not a big fan of the crop on the last, but the quality looks ok to me.

Leave a comment:

• FRA/ARNspotter
    replied
    Hi!
    Sorry I'm still unfamiliar with the new layout of the forum would be great to hear what you think about these five pictures.

Many thanks in advance,

Henrik

Leave a comment:

• FRA/ARNspotter
    replied

Name:	D-ALFD.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	732.9 KB
ID:	1075891
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Dana,

since my LOT photo was rejected again I'm wondering what to do with it. It looks fine for me and I don't really see how to improve or change it again. What would you suggest?

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7571926
    Brighten it and give it a little CW rotation, and it should be ok I think.

Leave a comment:

• FRA/ARNspotter
    replied
    Hi Dana,

since my LOT photo was rejected again I'm wondering what to do with it. It looks fine for me and I don't really see how to improve or change it again. What would you suggest?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Dana, thanks for your help. Did I understood you right, that the 319 window picture could also have been accepted but the screener just didn't like the way it was cropped?
    Correct, but I agree with that decision, and I'd bet most other screeners would as well.

I've tried to improve both pictures and have cropped the A319 differently. Hope you think they're better now.

Have got three other pictures as well that I'm unsure about. Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day/evening
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28338[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28339[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28340[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28341[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]28342[/ATTACH]
    1-2 ok for me
    3. borderline centering/crop
    4. borderline contrast
    5. borderline glare/overexposed

Leave a comment:

• FRA/ARNspotter
    replied
    Hi Dana, thanks for your help. Did I understood you right, that the 319 window picture could also have been accepted but the screener just didn't like the way it was cropped?
    I've tried to improve both pictures and have cropped the A319 differently. Hope you think they're better now.

Have got three other pictures as well that I'm unsure about. Thank you very much in advance and have a nice day/evening

Name:	SP-LIK2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	962.1 KB
ID:	1042509

Name:	serbia2.jpg
Size:	960.4 KB
ID:	1042510

Name:	sp-lik_CP.jpg
Size:	789.7 KB
ID:	1042511

Name:	VT-ANA.jpg
Size:	410.1 KB
ID:	1042512

Name:	d-lzzf.jpg
Size:	396.2 KB
ID:	1042513

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Dana thanks for your help with the pictures, I reckon the second two may not be fixable then..

I've had two rejections yesterday and would like to improve them.

1st https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7526443
    I guess some cw rotation and a bit more contrast should do, what do you think?

2nd https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7526476
    really unsure about this one, I had a good remark by the screener saying "way too much dead space above the wing. For such a photo, you better try something different, for example the classic rule of thirds." yet I'm not quite sure what do to with it. If I'm cropping it differently the wing will not be centered but I certainly wouldn't have the "dead space" problem. I've seen quite a few wing view photos recently that are actually not having the plane part centered but rather focussing on an interesting background (which in my view makes the photo better indeed) but can I do that?

Any advice is welcome, thank you very much in advance

//Henrik
    1. contrast looks ok to me, but yes, a little brightening and CW rotation should improve it some.
    2. a subjective opinion, but I would also agree with that screener; too much empty space above for a portrait orientation. Better to use landscape, or at least center it differently.

Leave a comment:

• FRA/ARNspotter
    replied
    Hi Dana thanks for your help with the pictures, I reckon the second two may not be fixable then..

I've had two rejections yesterday and would like to improve them.

1st https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7526443
    I guess some cw rotation and a bit more contrast should do, what do you think?

2nd https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7526476
    really unsure about this one, I had a good remark by the screener saying "way too much dead space above the wing. For such a photo, you better try something different, for example the classic rule of thirds." yet I'm not quite sure what do to with it. If I'm cropping it differently the wing will not be centered but I certainly wouldn't have the "dead space" problem. I've seen quite a few wing view photos recently that are actually not having the plane part centered but rather focussing on an interesting background (which in my view makes the photo better indeed) but can I do that?

Any advice is welcome, thank you very much in advance

//Henrik

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Dana,
    thanks for your help! I've tried to improve the picture, does it look good now? And what about the other two?

Thank you very much in advance
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]27567[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]27568[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]27569[/ATTACH]
    1. borderline overexposed
    2. contrast, soft
    3. obstruction, overprocessed, dirty

Leave a comment:

• FRA/ARNspotter
    replied
    Hi Dana,
    thanks for your help! I've tried to improve the picture, does it look good now? And what about the other two?

Thank you very much in advance

Name:	emirates2.jpg
Size:	694.0 KB
ID:	1041892

Name:	YU-APF.jpg
Size:	473.4 KB
ID:	1041893

Name:	SP-LNN.jpg
Size:	545.6 KB
ID:	1041894

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thank you very much Dana, glad that the vignetting didn't affect the other pictures

I'm unsure about this A380, is it acceptable?
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]26926[/ATTACH]
    Unsure on the horizon (might need a touch of CW), but otherwise should be ok.

Leave a comment:

• FRA/ARNspotter
    replied
    Thank you very much Dana, glad that the vignetting didn't affect the other pictures

I'm unsure about this A380, is it acceptable?

Name:	A6-EOV.jpg
Size:	691.8 KB
ID:	1041340

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    What can I do about the vignetting? Is it somehow fixable?
    Easy: don't shoot with the aperture wide open. The wider the aperture, the more likely you are to see vignetting issues. These are all in the f/5-5.6 range, which I assume is near wide-open for your lens. The newer batch is indeed better, almost certainly because they were instead shot in the f/7.1-8.0 range. A couple of them have strange edit in the upper left and/or a yellow-green tint (second also dark), but otherwise should be acceptable.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X