Clear All

• TomEPKK
    replied
    Picture looks oversharpened and noise is visible

Leave a comment:

• rf22aviationphoto
    replied
    Originally posted by TomEPKK View Post
    Unfortunately no changes are possible to be accepted... Backlit ruins it as the sun is behind and the plane is in the shadow.
    Please try to take pictures having sun behind your back.
    Apart from that is there anything else you would deny it for?

Leave a comment:

• TomEPKK
    replied
    Unfortunately no changes are possible to be accepted... Backlit ruins it as the sun is behind and the plane is in the shadow.
    Please try to take pictures having sun behind your back.

Leave a comment:

• rf22aviationphoto
    replied
    Easyjet Neo Image Advice

Hi,

Please can someone provide feedback on the below image.
    What changes would be needed to get through screening?

Thank you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Easyjet A320N (G-UZHF).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	732.9 KB
ID:	1027959

Leave a comment:

• vcruvinel
    replied
    Originally posted by rf22aviationphoto View Post
    Thanks. Do you use around 80% also?

It also depends on the situation. If the image has a good quality I apply less sharpness (just because the image will get oversharpened). I start with 50% and increase if necessary. Also you can see the preview in the dialog box from the smart sharpen tool to see how your photo will look like before apply. But the main things are the camera settings and a good light (remember do take the photo with the sun behind you ). If you do this a basic editing workflow will work well.

if you need any assistance with the editing process I can help you (with topics I know, of course!)

Vinicius

Leave a comment:

• rf22aviationphoto
    replied
    Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
    IMHO 1.0 is too much. Normally I use 0.2 or 0.4, depending on the situation.

EXIF is the Exchangeable image file format. The EXIF specifies the formats for images and tag the informations in the file (exposure, aperture, ISO...). You can find in the left side when you open the RAW Converter in PS or in the same side in Lightroom.

Vinicius
    Thanks. Do you use around 80% also?

Leave a comment:

• vcruvinel
    replied
    Yes please send me your configurations, im currently using 80% and 1.0.

What is the EXIF? i shoot in raw but then transfer into JPEG once i've finished editing.
    IMHO 1.0 is too much. Normally I use 0.2 or 0.4, depending on the situation.

EXIF is the Exchangeable image file format. The EXIF specifies the formats for images and tag the informations in the file (exposure, aperture, ISO...). You can find in the left side when you open the RAW Converter in PS or in the same side in Lightroom.

Vinicius

Leave a comment:

• rf22aviationphoto
    replied
    Yes, the image is soft, not corrected centered, too low in frame...But backlit is the main problem, the others are easy to fix.

Vinicius
    Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• rf22aviationphoto
    replied
    You area welcome. About the others points:

1. The best way is to use the "smart sharpen" if your software is Photoshop. To each photo I change the parameters...but if you want I can send my default configurations.
    2. I think the problem is not your lens, maybe your camera settings. The photo did not have the EXIF available (or my software didn't show). If you post your parameters I can try to help you too.

Vinicius
    Yes please send me your configurations, im currently using 80% and 1.0.

What is the EXIF? i shoot in raw but then transfer into JPEG once i've finished editing.

Leave a comment:

• vcruvinel
    replied
    Thank you.

Is there anything else wrong with it or is it just backlit?
    Yes, the image is soft, not corrected centered, too low in frame...But backlit is the main problem, the others are easy to fix.

Vinicius

Leave a comment:

• vcruvinel
    replied
    Thank you for the reply.

That's a shame, was literally a toss up of where to go on Sunday. If i went to the other area i would have been alright.

In terms of under sharpened; how can i fix that? when i edit in lightroom/photoshop the sharpness quickly creates too much noise.
    The lens i was using was a Canon 75-300mm, could it be possibly my lens isn't up to standard?
    You area welcome. About the others points:

1. The best way is to use the "smart sharpen" if your software is Photoshop. To each photo I change the parameters...but if you want I can send my default configurations.
    2. I think the problem is not your lens, maybe your camera settings. The photo did not have the EXIF available (or my software didn't show). If you post your parameters I can try to help you too.

Vinicius

Leave a comment:

• rf22aviationphoto
    replied
    Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
    Hello.

Yes it is still Backlit. A good indicator is the shadow of the tail: If the the tail casts a visible shadow on the shown side of the fuselage itīs Backlit.
    As Vinicius said, Please have a look to our Guidelines and into this thread: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...Info+Uploaders!
    There are tons of Informations that are helpful to get your images accepted.

Thank you and have a good night!
    Thank you.

Is there anything else wrong with it or is it just backlit?

Leave a comment:

• Julian S.
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]15632[/ATTACH]

What about this one? still considered backlit?
    Hello.

Yes it is still Backlit. A good indicator is the shadow of the tail: If the the tail casts a visible shadow on the shown side of the fuselage itīs Backlit.
    As Vinicius said, Please have a look to our Guidelines and into this thread: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...Info+Uploaders!
    There are tons of Informations that are helpful to get your images accepted.

A good Tutorial is that from Mohammed Zaheer, a JP Uploader and Youtuber from UK. His Videos helped me a lot at the Beginning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mpFOHOXJU
    If you had any Questions, feel free to ask!

Thank you and have a good night!
    Last edited by Julian S.; 2018-05-08, 20:26.

Leave a comment:

• rf22aviationphoto
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Thomas Cook A330.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	681.8 KB
ID:	1027891

What about this one? still considered backlit?

Leave a comment:

• rf22aviationphoto
    replied
    Hi! First of all, welcome!

This photo is backlit so unfortunately it can not be fixed. You need to take photos with the sun behind you (direct in the aircraft). The best way to start is to read the JP Guidelines to upload the photos: https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version

If you need any other help/assistence just send a message here, including about editing the photos.

Regards,

Vinicius
    Thank you for the reply.

That's a shame, was literally a toss up of where to go on Sunday. If i went to the other area i would have been alright.

In terms of under sharpened; how can i fix that? when i edit in lightroom/photoshop the sharpness quickly creates too much noise.
    The lens i was using was a Canon 75-300mm, could it be possibly my lens isn't up to standard?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X