Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please, what am i doing wrong in editing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please, what am i doing wrong in editing.

Hi
    I'm new to editing and having a bit of a tough time with a few rejections recently. my latest photo is now driving me round the bend. i edited the raw image in lightroom, uploaded it to photoshop to resize it for upload. I then uploaded it and got a rejection for over edited, CMOS dust and underexposed. (bang on, cant argue with that) as the saying goes less haste more speed. after the rejection i then reverted it back to original in lightroom carried out the workflow with less haste and re submitted it, but to my horror another rejection for JPEG compression artefacts this time.
    Is it something i did wrong in editing as its the 2nd one ive had and i cant even see it when i look at the picture (i know my Laptop is not the best)

I'm now dreading uploading it again as i feel I'm wasting the screeners time.

ive now binned the image completely and re uploaded the raw image and gone through my workflow, hopefully ive attached try number three to this email.

i hope even though this email is vague someone might be able to give me some pointers.

many thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by gareth norris View Post
    Hi
    I'm new to editing and having a bit of a tough time with a few rejections recently. my latest photo is now driving me round the bend. i edited the raw image in lightroom, uploaded it to photoshop to resize it for upload. I then uploaded it and got a rejection for over edited, CMOS dust and underexposed. (bang on, cant argue with that) as the saying goes less haste more speed. after the rejection i then reverted it back to original in lightroom carried out the workflow with less haste and re submitted it, but to my horror another rejection for JPEG compression artefacts this time.
    Is it something i did wrong in editing as its the 2nd one ive had and i cant even see it when i look at the picture (i know my Laptop is not the best)

ive now binned the image completely and re uploaded the raw image and gone through my workflow, hopefully ive attached try number three to this email.

i hope even though this email is vague someone might be able to give me some pointers.

many thanks in advance.
    Hi Gareth, and welcome to the forums. Pre-screening in a personal forum thread, like this, is encouraged before uploading photos to the queue.

It gives official screeners and other talented members the chance to help you with your editing and better your chances of success.

Comment

thanks for the reply, thats brilliant as, as a new member I'm frozen after the rejections ive had and now have to wait for them to clear.
      didn't know that was allowed pre screening and thankyou for the info ill use this from now on till ive mastered the editing.

regards

gareth

Comment

Hi

many thanks in advance.
        There is some compression visible in the sky. Make sure you are saving your jpegs at maximum quality to avoid this problem in the future.

Comment

Thank you for your reply, i have been saving these jpegs at maxium. Could it be I'm using the light room noise removal and sharpening to much which in turn is creating this affect?

Regards Gareth

Comment

Thank you for your reply, i have been saving these jpegs at maxium. Could it be I'm using the light room noise removal and sharpening to much which in turn is creating this affect?

Regards Gareth
            Possibly. Also check the actual file size to see if it's really compression, or just the effect of some editing.

Comment

Working...
            X