Published photos not full size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Published photos not full size?

Don't know if this is the right place to put this. Recently uploaded two shots, one at 1600 px width and another at 1920 px. When I click on the photo to fullsize it, it doesn't open fully, not filling the screen completely, with a black boarder as if the size is closer to 1400 px. (My screen res is 1600x900).

Don't know if I am being stupid and missing something painfully obvious but just wondering if anyone could shed some light. First time I've really used the site since the re-design.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Photos in question;

1600 x 1086 px
    About time for my annual upload! MT613 from Dalaman on short finals on a glorious Glasgow morning.. G-TCDJ. Airbus A321-211. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

1920 x 1280 px
    One of the ex BMI 319s exiting 05 after arriving from Gatwick.. G-DBCG. Airbus A319-131. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Neil,
    I open them and clicked on the photo and they look 1600 and 1920. Saved one to check and it is the right size.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1920.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	625.4 KB
ID:	1027925

Maybe try another browser.

Comment

Originally posted by crisquijano View Post
      Neil,
      I open them and clicked on the photo and they look 1600 and 1920. Saved one to check and it is the right size.
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]15683[/ATTACH]

Maybe try another browser.
      Cristian, I too saved the images and they kept the correct size but for some reason when viewing they appear smaller. It's not just mine, all photos appear smaller then 1600 px when clicked fullsize.
      I'm using chrome but tried internet explorer also.

If I click open in new tab/window then the photo displays full size. Will it not do that automatically when clicked?

Comment

yes my friend... it should be automatic based on how it behaves in my browser. I would google to check if it is a setting or something PC -related.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilA330 View Post
          Cristian, I too saved the images and they kept the correct size but for some reason when viewing they appear smaller. It's not just mine, all photos appear smaller then 1600 px when clicked fullsize.
          I'm using chrome but tried internet explorer also.

If I click open in new tab/window then the photo displays full size. Will it not do that automatically when clicked?
          Chrome will automatically re-size the image to fit in your browser resolution, so the 1920 image won't open to full size unless your screen is 1920 or larger.

Comment

Thanks guys. Chrome, IE, Opera or even firefox it doesn't make a difference. Completely at a loss.

Is it a function within a site?

Comment

Originally posted by NeilA330 View Post
              ... (My screen res is 1600x900)
              That is the answer. Opening a photo in large resolution will open the photo the largest size possible, in your case to 1600x900px, even if the photo is larger.
              My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                That is the answer. Opening a photo in large resolution will open the photo the largest size possible, in your case to 1600x900px, even if the photo is larger.
                Ah thanks for clearing that up Gerardo. Oh well, I'll still upload some bigger for the benefit of those with a bigger resolution.

Comment

Working...
                X