Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assistance with Exposure Levels

Goodmorning,

I have had the following night shot rejected for it being underexposed: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6557995 .
    From my perspective and my previous experience editing night shots, I feel like this has the right amount of light on it. It could also be that the colours on my computer screen are not set as they should be. Any tips on how to improve this photo?

Regards,

Originally posted by kyle-300ER View Post
    Goodmorning,

I have had the following night shot rejected for it being underexposed: https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6557995 .
    From my perspective and my previous experience editing night shots, I feel like this has the right amount of light on it. It could also be that the colours on my computer screen are not set as they should be. Any tips on how to improve this photo?

Regards,
    See the histogram, it appears unbalanced (right side). I did a quick edit here and got this result (moving the right side to 213).

Click image for larger version

Name:	JP1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.73 MB
ID:	1027989

See if looks better to you also. Betters wait comments from the screeners.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

Adjust the right side of the luminosity histogram to fix the underexposure.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Thank you both for your assistance. Will do some research on how to understand histograms to avoid this happening again in the future.

Regards,

Comment

Here's a short 4-minute video in which photography instructor Karl Taylor offers a basic explanation of histograms for photographers who are just starting

this is a good 4min video to understand the basics of histograms

cheers
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X