Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ErmakDimon - Prescreen

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ErmakDimon - Prescreen

    Hi, I've recently been struggling with getting my shots accepted and was hoping if anyone could point me in the right direction, here are a few:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0618-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	999.4 KB
ID:	1045605
    (Rejected previously for horizon & soft)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0592-3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	1045607
    (Rejected previously for backlit & contrast - no idea how that happened since i was looking north)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1670-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	750.9 KB
ID:	1045608
    (Rejected previously for position & contrast)

    Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Hello Ermak

    I'm not screener but I can bring you some advice

    For the first : the buildings lean to the right and it is filled by the pole which leans naturally to the right. Redress and the "horizon will be acceptable. the nose lacks sharpening

    For second: the sun is on the left and slightly opposite? It darkened the fuselage. Think to take the photos with the sun behind

    for the third : the photo is unbalanced. On this genre, you have to center the fuselage backwards.

    Regards

    Olivier

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by olandes269 View Post
      Hello Ermak

      I'm not screener but I can bring you some advice

      For the first : the buildings lean to the right and it is filled by the pole which leans naturally to the right. Redress and the "horizon will be acceptable. the nose lacks sharpening

      For second: the sun is on the left and slightly opposite? It darkened the fuselage. Think to take the photos with the sun behind

      for the third : the photo is unbalanced. On this genre, you have to center the fuselage backwards.

      Regards

      Olivier
      Hi Olivier, thanks for the advice! Here are a few more, are any of them good?

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1575.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	951.6 KB
ID:	1028076

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1560-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	775.1 KB
ID:	1028077

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1471.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	832.0 KB
ID:	1028078

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1023.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	897.3 KB
ID:	1028079

      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0917.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	1028080

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
        Hi Olivier, thanks for the advice! Here are a few more, are any of them good?

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15898[/ATTACH]

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15899[/ATTACH]

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15900[/ATTACH]

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15901[/ATTACH]

        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15902[/ATTACH]
        Hi,

        #1 Soft/Blurry, Noise/Grain, Horizon
        #2 Cut off, Soft (tail region), Center (too low), probably contrast
        #3 Soft (left half of the Plane)
        #4 too little contrast, probably soft (left side of the plane)
        #5 Soft (left side of the plane), Over Processed (halos around aircraft), Contrast

        Have a nice evening!
        Best Regards from Germany,
        Julian S.​

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
          Hi,

          #1 Soft/Blurry, Noise/Grain, Horizon
          #2 Cut off, Soft (tail region), Center (too low), probably contrast
          #3 Soft (left half of the Plane)
          #4 too little contrast, probably soft (left side of the plane)
          #5 Soft (left side of the plane), Over Processed (halos around aircraft), Contrast

          Have a nice evening!
          Hi Julian, First of all thanks for the advice!

          It seems though as my lens makes the edges (which are usually tails and winglets) soft, as seen in the 3rd and 4th pictures that i sent you, however it seems no matter how much sharpening i apply the part still stays soft. Maybe you could give me a tip?

          Regards,
          Dmitrii

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
            Hi Julian, First of all thanks for the advice!

            It seems though as my lens makes the edges (which are usually tails and winglets) soft, as seen in the 3rd and 4th pictures that i sent you, however it seems no matter how much sharpening i apply the part still stays soft. Maybe you could give me a tip?

            Regards,
            Dmitrii
            Hi Dimitrii,

            yes, looks like the lens caused the problem. Which lens have you used for the pictures?
            Im asking because my Sigma 18-200 have the same problems, not so strong but also visible in 1200px sized shots. This is the reason why i dont use this lens anymore.
            The softness can not "repaired" with too much sharpening as it is way too strong.
            Is the softness only visible on the left side or on all edges. If it is only on the left, you can try to center the plane on the right side and crop the softness out. But im really not sure if this works as i dont know the dimensions of the distortion/softness. Or you can try to use a smaller aperture (f8 or in strong light f10).
            Probably some other forum members have good ideas too.

            Hope this helps a bit and have a nice Saturday
            Last edited by Julian S.; 2018-05-19, 11:57.
            Best Regards from Germany,
            Julian S.​

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
              Hi Dimitrii,

              yes, looks like the lens caused the problem. Which lens have you used for the pictures?
              Im asking because my Sigma 18-200 have the same problems, not so strong but also visible in 1200px sized shots. This is the reason why i dont use this lens anymore.
              The softness can not "repaired" with too much sharpening as it is way too strong.
              Is the softness only visible on the left side or on all edges. If it is only on the left, you can try to center the plane on the right side and crop the softness out. But im really not sure if this works as i dont know the dimensions of the distortion/softness. Or you can try to use a smaller aperture (f8 or in strong light f10).
              Probably some other forum members have good ideas too.

              Hope this helps a bit and have a nice Saturday
              Hi Julian, thanks again for the reply, it seems that it happens randomly on all edges. Lens is a Canon EF 70-200 1:4 L IS USM.

              While we're at it, I got some new shots today and would also like some help with them.

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2491.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	923.6 KB
ID:	1028091

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2525.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1028092

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2465.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	909.7 KB
ID:	1028093

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2485.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	876.4 KB
ID:	1028094

              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2517.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	981.5 KB
ID:	1028095

              Regards,
              Dmitrii

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ErmakDimon
                A few more:

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15925[/ATTACH]

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15926[/ATTACH]

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15927[/ATTACH]

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15928[/ATTACH]

                [ATTACH=CONFIG]15929[/ATTACH]

                Thanks again
                Hello.

                I'm not a screener, but I know the screening team will only pre screen five photos of a photographer in 24 hours. After that you can post five new ones. So I would advice you to remove five right now.

                Best regards

                Wilko

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
                  Hello.

                  I'm not a screener, but I know the screening team will only pre screen five photos of a photographer in 24 hours. After that you can post five new ones. So I would advice you to remove five right now.

                  Best regards

                  Wilko
                  sorry, I didn't know about this, i removed them

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    White spots?

                    Hi everyone, Today I noticed quite a strange thing: When increasing exposure on some of my shots (iso 200) i get these weird white spots:

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2137-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	461.3 KB
ID:	1028111

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2297-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	528.4 KB
ID:	1028112

                    Strange thing is, it doesn't seem to be a camera issue since i've taken multiple shots in the same location in same conditions, and sometimes there are no spots at all, sometimes they're very visible like on the 737 above, and sometimes they're barely visible.

                    Does anyone have an idea of what it could be and how to fix it?

                    Regards, Dmitrii

                    Excuse my unawareness

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      It could be dust or hot pixels?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
                        Hi everyone, Today I noticed quite a strange thing: When increasing exposure on some of my shots (iso 200) i get these weird white spots:

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15937[/ATTACH]

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]15938[/ATTACH]

                        Strange thing is, it doesn't seem to be a camera issue since i've taken multiple shots in the same location in same conditions, and sometimes there are no spots at all, sometimes they're very visible like on the 737 above, and sometimes they're barely visible.

                        Does anyone have an idea of what it could be and how to fix it?

                        Regards, Dmitrii

                        Excuse my unawareness
                        Looks like rain or snow, unless you're talking about something else.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Nope, absolutely no rain or snow, just a dry cloudy day

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                            Looks like rain or snow, unless you're talking about something else.
                            I think I got it, it could've been fluff since in spring we get lots and lots of those flying around, question is, would it be accepted that way?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
                              I think I got it, it could've been fluff since in spring we get lots and lots of those flying around, question is, would it be accepted that way?
                              Those photos are too poorly lit to be acceptable, but the debris in the sky is not necessarily a reason for rejection.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X