X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ErmakDimon
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Those photos are too poorly lit to be acceptable, but the debris in the sky is not necessarily a reason for rejection.
    Oh alright, could you maybe please help me with the 5 photos above too? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by ErmakDimon View Post
    I think I got it, it could've been fluff since in spring we get lots and lots of those flying around, question is, would it be accepted that way?
    Those photos are too poorly lit to be acceptable, but the debris in the sky is not necessarily a reason for rejection.

Leave a comment:

• ErmakDimon
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Looks like rain or snow, unless you're talking about something else.
    I think I got it, it could've been fluff since in spring we get lots and lots of those flying around, question is, would it be accepted that way?

Leave a comment:

• ErmakDimon
    replied
    Nope, absolutely no rain or snow, just a dry cloudy day

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi everyone, Today I noticed quite a strange thing: When increasing exposure on some of my shots (iso 200) i get these weird white spots:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15937[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15938[/ATTACH]

Strange thing is, it doesn't seem to be a camera issue since i've taken multiple shots in the same location in same conditions, and sometimes there are no spots at all, sometimes they're very visible like on the 737 above, and sometimes they're barely visible.

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be and how to fix it?

Regards, Dmitrii

Excuse my unawareness
    Looks like rain or snow, unless you're talking about something else.

Leave a comment:

• jvdl
    replied
    It could be dust or hot pixels?

Leave a comment:

• ErmakDimon
    replied
    White spots?

Hi everyone, Today I noticed quite a strange thing: When increasing exposure on some of my shots (iso 200) i get these weird white spots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2137-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	461.3 KB
ID:	1028111

Name:	IMG_2297-2.jpg
Size:	528.4 KB
ID:	1028112

Strange thing is, it doesn't seem to be a camera issue since i've taken multiple shots in the same location in same conditions, and sometimes there are no spots at all, sometimes they're very visible like on the 737 above, and sometimes they're barely visible.

Does anyone have an idea of what it could be and how to fix it?

Regards, Dmitrii

Excuse my unawareness

Leave a comment:

• ErmakDimon
    replied
    Originally posted by wkd001 View Post
    Hello.

I'm not a screener, but I know the screening team will only pre screen five photos of a photographer in 24 hours. After that you can post five new ones. So I would advice you to remove five right now.

Best regards

Wilko
    sorry, I didn't know about this, i removed them

Leave a comment:

• wkd001
    replied
    Originally posted by ErmakDimon
    A few more:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15925[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15926[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15927[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15928[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15929[/ATTACH]

Thanks again
    Hello.

I'm not a screener, but I know the screening team will only pre screen five photos of a photographer in 24 hours. After that you can post five new ones. So I would advice you to remove five right now.

Best regards

Wilko

Leave a comment:

• ErmakDimon
    replied
    Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
    Hi Dimitrii,

yes, looks like the lens caused the problem. Which lens have you used for the pictures?
    Iīm asking because my Sigma 18-200 have the same problems, not so strong but also visible in 1200px sized shots. This is the reason why i donīt use this lens anymore.
    The softness can not "repaired" with too much sharpening as it is way too strong.
    Is the softness only visible on the left side or on all edges. If it is only on the left, you can try to center the plane on the right side and crop the softness out. But iīm really not sure if this works as i donīt know the dimensions of the distortion/softness. Or you can try to use a smaller aperture (f8 or in strong light f10).
    Probably some other forum members have good ideas too.

Hope this helps a bit and have a nice Saturday
    Hi Julian, thanks again for the reply, it seems that it happens randomly on all edges. Lens is a Canon EF 70-200 1:4 L IS USM.

While we're at it, I got some new shots today and would also like some help with them.

Name:	IMG_2491.jpg
Size:	923.6 KB
ID:	1028091

Name:	IMG_2525.jpg
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	1028092

Name:	IMG_2465.jpg
Size:	909.7 KB
ID:	1028093

Name:	IMG_2485.jpg
Size:	876.4 KB
ID:	1028094

Name:	IMG_2517.jpg
Size:	981.5 KB
ID:	1028095

Regards,
    Dmitrii

Leave a comment:

• Julian S.
    replied
    Hi Julian, First of all thanks for the advice!

It seems though as my lens makes the edges (which are usually tails and winglets) soft, as seen in the 3rd and 4th pictures that i sent you, however it seems no matter how much sharpening i apply the part still stays soft. Maybe you could give me a tip?

Regards,
    Dmitrii
    Hi Dimitrii,

yes, looks like the lens caused the problem. Which lens have you used for the pictures?
    Iīm asking because my Sigma 18-200 have the same problems, not so strong but also visible in 1200px sized shots. This is the reason why i donīt use this lens anymore.
    The softness can not "repaired" with too much sharpening as it is way too strong.
    Is the softness only visible on the left side or on all edges. If it is only on the left, you can try to center the plane on the right side and crop the softness out. But iīm really not sure if this works as i donīt know the dimensions of the distortion/softness. Or you can try to use a smaller aperture (f8 or in strong light f10).
    Probably some other forum members have good ideas too.

Hope this helps a bit and have a nice Saturday
    Last edited by Julian S.; 2018-05-19, 11:57.

Leave a comment:

• ErmakDimon
    replied
    Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
    Hi,

#1 Soft/Blurry, Noise/Grain, Horizon
    #2 Cut off, Soft (tail region), Center (too low), probably contrast
    #3 Soft (left half of the Plane)
    #4 too little contrast, probably soft (left side of the plane)
    #5 Soft (left side of the plane), Over Processed (halos around aircraft), Contrast

Have a nice evening!
    Hi Julian, First of all thanks for the advice!

It seems though as my lens makes the edges (which are usually tails and winglets) soft, as seen in the 3rd and 4th pictures that i sent you, however it seems no matter how much sharpening i apply the part still stays soft. Maybe you could give me a tip?

Regards,
    Dmitrii

Leave a comment:

• Julian S.
    replied
    Hi Olivier, thanks for the advice! Here are a few more, are any of them good?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15898[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15899[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15900[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15901[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15902[/ATTACH]
    Hi,

#1 Soft/Blurry, Noise/Grain, Horizon
    #2 Cut off, Soft (tail region), Center (too low), probably contrast
    #3 Soft (left half of the Plane)
    #4 too little contrast, probably soft (left side of the plane)
    #5 Soft (left side of the plane), Over Processed (halos around aircraft), Contrast

Have a nice evening!

Leave a comment:

• ErmakDimon
    replied
    Originally posted by olandes269 View Post
    Hello Ermak

I'm not screener but I can bring you some advice

For the first : the buildings lean to the right and it is filled by the pole which leans naturally to the right. Redress and the "horizon will be acceptable. the nose lacks sharpening

For second: the sun is on the left and slightly opposite? It darkened the fuselage. Think to take the photos with the sun behind

for the third : the photo is unbalanced. On this genre, you have to center the fuselage backwards.

Regards

Olivier
    Hi Olivier, thanks for the advice! Here are a few more, are any of them good?

Name:	IMG_1575.jpg
Size:	951.6 KB
ID:	1028076

Name:	IMG_1560-2.jpg
Size:	775.1 KB
ID:	1028077

Name:	IMG_1471.jpg
Size:	832.0 KB
ID:	1028078

Name:	IMG_1023.jpg
Size:	897.3 KB
ID:	1028079

Name:	IMG_0917.jpg
Size:	568.2 KB
ID:	1028080

Leave a comment:

• olandes269
    replied
    Hello Ermak

I'm not screener but I can bring you some advice

For the first : the buildings lean to the right and it is filled by the pole which leans naturally to the right. Redress and the "horizon will be acceptable. the nose lacks sharpening

For second: the sun is on the left and slightly opposite? It darkened the fuselage. Think to take the photos with the sun behind

for the third : the photo is unbalanced. On this genre, you have to center the fuselage backwards.

Regards

Olivier

Leave a comment:

Working...
X