Editing Advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing Advise

Hello Guys. I hope I am posting to the right place, this is my first attempt at submitting to Jetphotos. Do you think it will be worthwhile to try and submit these two? I thought the quality is good, but after looking at some of the photos, and reading comments, I am seriously wondering now?
    Attached Files

Originally posted by FdeBruyn View Post
    Hello Guys. I hope I am posting to the right place, this is my first attempt at submitting to Jetphotos. Do you think it will be worthwhile to try and submit these two? I thought the quality is good, but after looking at some of the photos, and reading comments, I am seriously wondering now?
    The quality is ok, but there are some editing halos (and vignetting on the second) that would cause them to be rejected.

Comment

I am not even going to try with the one. But I tried to fix this one. Do you think it is better?

Comment

I am not even going to try with the one. But I tried to fix this one. Do you think it is better?[ATTACH=CONFIG]16468[/ATTACH]
        Hi FdeBruyn, your attachment link doesn't appear to be working.

But the issues that dlowwa mentioned are easily fixable. The halos are due to the "highlights/shadows" sliders in Photoshop (use less of it ), and you can fix the vignetting by ticking the "lens correction" checkbox when importing the RAW files into Photoshop.

Comment

I am not even going to try with the one. But I tried to fix this one. Do you think it is better?[ATTACH=CONFIG]16468[/ATTACH]
          Can't comment if the link is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
            Can't comment if the link is broken.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8474-4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	1028580 I apologise, I am still trying to figure this posting thing out. And thank you guys for the help! I really appreciate it.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16488[/ATTACH] I apologise, I am still trying to figure this posting thing out. And thank you guys for the help! I really appreciate it.
              Light editing halos still visible.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                Light editing halos still visible.
                Thank you dlowwa....let me try again....Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8474-5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	1028586 The only things I changed in Lightroom 6 is : Exposure +0.70, Contrast +5, highlights -5, shadows +40, whites +14, blacks -7, clarity 0, sharpening 30, noise reduction 20. I toned everything down now.

Comment

Thank you dlowwa....let me try again....[ATTACH=CONFIG]16495[/ATTACH] The only things I changed in Lightroom 6 is : Exposure +0.70, Contrast +5, highlights -5, shadows +40, whites +14, blacks -7, clarity 0, sharpening 30, noise reduction 20. I toned everything down now.
                  Hi!

The light Halos are still Visibe.
                  Try again without using "shadows" and "highlights" as those and "clarity" causes such Halos.

Have a nice day!
                  Best Regards from Germany,
                  Julian S.​

Comment

Originally posted by Julian S. View Post
                    Hi!

The light Halos are still Visibe.
                    Try again without using "shadows" and "highlights" as those and "clarity" causes such Halos.

Have a nice day!
                    Hi Julian S, thank you so much for the feedback. Here it is without any shadows and highlight changes. Is it not to dark now? Regards FrancoisClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8474-5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	1028587

Comment

Working...
                    X