X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by Adrian Tong View Post
    Hello, I recently came across some rejections and all of them were due to bad contrast problems. All of these shots were shot on the same day and same light conditons. I've tried my best to adjust the shadows and hightlights so that the photos looks normal, however the histogram appeared to be somehow overexposed. If I bring down the exposure, the photo would look extremely underexposed. Any advice on how I should tackle with this problem?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Another question, whats does mid tones refer to in a histogram? Thanks so much for your help!
    Combination of overcast/foggy light, and fog/smog in the background, but mostly the former. You could try boosting the contrast, but as you allude to, not sure the results would be acceptable for here. One of those times where if you decide to go out and shoot, just be aware the images might not be suitable for uploading.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian Tong
    replied
    Editing advice

Hello, I recently came across some rejections and all of them were due to bad contrast problems. All of these shots were shot on the same day and same light conditons. I've tried my best to adjust the shadows and hightlights so that the photos looks normal, however the histogram appeared to be somehow overexposed. If I bring down the exposure, the photo would look extremely underexposed. Any advice on how I should tackle with this problem?

Another question, whats does mid tones refer to in a histogram? Thanks so much for your help!

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi everyone,

I would like to seek comments on the following photos that im going to upload to JP.

Thanks in advance.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]21726[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21727[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21728[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21730[/ATTACH]
    1-3 dirty, overprocessed
    4. dirty
    5. contrast, overprocessed

The overprocessing looks like it's due to poor vignetting correction, as the corners in all the images are brighter than the center.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian Tong
    replied
    Pre-screening advice

Hi everyone,

I would like to seek comments on the following photos that im going to upload to JP.

Thanks in advance.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8348.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	947.0 KB
ID:	1032867Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8450.jpg
Size:	984.7 KB
ID:	1032868Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8535.jpg
Size:	954.2 KB
ID:	1032869Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8897.jpg
Size:	927.4 KB
ID:	1032870Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9007.jpg
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	1032871

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello, got some photos rejected from the database recently. I would love to hear from you all on how to improve editing for the following photos. I dont really understand how to deal with colours and contrasts. Thanks.

1.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6810375

2.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6801342

3. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6805774
    Contrast issue is easy: try not to shoot in conditions where there is a lack of direct sunlight on the subject, when the background is brighter than the subject, or when then subject is between you and the sun/light source (i.e. is backlit). Or put another way, don't expect images taken in such conditions to be easily accepted. For the color issue, that image has a cyan/green tint, which is more easily fixed than the contrast issues.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian Tong
    replied
    Editing advice

Hello, got some photos rejected from the database recently. I would love to hear from you all on how to improve editing for the following photos. I dont really understand how to deal with colours and contrasts. Thanks.

1.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6810375

2.https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6801342

3. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6805774

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hello, just a few questions that I'm confused about this rejected photo.

Firstly, from the histogram, the photo seems exposed correctly, but the rejection reason showed "Underexposed".

Secondly, this aircraft is in standard Etihad colors, I don't really understand why it is "Categories wrong or missing".

Anyone can help me explain what's going on? Thanks a lot for your help.
    A balanced histogram does not always mean an appealing photo. In this case the sky is bright, but the aircraft itself is dark. I'm not sure why categories were listed as a rejection reason though.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian Tong
    replied
    Editing advice

Hello, just a few questions that I'm confused about this rejected photo.

Firstly, from the histogram, the photo seems exposed correctly, but the rejection reason showed "Underexposed".

Secondly, this aircraft is in standard Etihad colors, I don't really understand why it is "Categories wrong or missing".

Anyone can help me explain what's going on? Thanks a lot for your help.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Do you mean I have to raise the shadows? But raising the shadows may cause a rejection too due to lack of contrasts. Thanks again.
    All shots should be fixable, i.e. it should be possible to adjust only the shadows to get more details (less clipped shadows) without loosing too much contrast.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian Tong
    replied
    Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
    On all of them, the shadows are very strong and lacking details. Try to adjust this. Otherwise they look OK, part from #1, which shows recognizable people.
    Do you mean I have to raise the shadows? But raising the shadows may cause a rejection too due to lack of contrasts. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Hi, may i have some advice for the following photos? Thanks a lot.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18582[/ATTACH]
    On all of them, the shadows are very strong and lacking details. Try to adjust this. Otherwise they look OK, part from #1, which shows recognizable people.

Leave a comment:

• Adrian Tong
    replied
    Pre-screening advice

Hi, may i have some advice for the following photos? Thanks a lot.

Name:	DSC_5003.jpg
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	1030277Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5049.jpg
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	1030278Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7009.jpg
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1030279Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5108.jpg
Size:	734.3 KB
ID:	1030280Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6815.jpg
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	1030281

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Hello everyone, I would like to seek some advice from all of you about the following photos. Thanks.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18473[/ATTACH]
    1: OK
    3/4: fair chances
    2/5: lacks contrast

Leave a comment:

• vcruvinel
    replied
    Hello everyone, I would like to seek some advice from all of you about the following photos. Thanks.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18470[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18471[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18472[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]18473[/ATTACH]
    Hi Adrian,

I'm not a screener, but IMHO #1 may be acceptable but contrast probably be an issue for the others.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Leave a comment:

• Adrian Tong
    replied
    Pre-screening advice

Name:	DSC_5528.jpg
Size:	811.4 KB
ID:	1030189Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_5009.jpg
Size:	937.5 KB
ID:	1030190Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_7010.jpg
Size:	888.1 KB