bluebee - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluebee - editing advice

To get a little bit forward, I follow the advice and start an editing advice-thread for some of my pics here:

I have an issues with one heli, pics have been taken at the early afternoon time with very low rel. humidity.
    First one is technical - at the dolly, what about my chosen horizontal levelling? I took the natural horizon (runway) unvisible in the background, the apron with dolly is not in line by perspective. Which horizon is the one to choose?
    Processing was done only with LR, I took away the light-peaks to get more fuselage details, desaturated some colours and increased contrast/exposure slightly. For my impression sharpness was also tricky due to the high sun and white colourscheme. I did focuss the typing below the rotor-head as a reference for the sharpening settings.

Second is after lifting, taken from the tower.
    Desaturated and reduced peak-lights again to get more details, sharpening focussed again on the rotor-head typing. Which category is it? In flight or simply helicopter? What about the balancing in total?

btw:
    Are wide-angle takes welcome or a no-go here or do the screeners decide instantly by picture when all screening-checks have come out positive?
    I ask because when I get the chance I take several WW-takes with a 9-18mm in mft. I see a problem with general centering from helicopters due to the necessarily variied picture format and the unnatural extended fuselage in ww-perspective...

Greets and regards
    Andreas
    Attached Files

1. Leveling looks about right. If the actual horizon is visible, it's of course best to use that rather than any closer references. Looks slightly oversharpened, but otherwise I think the processing should be ok.

2. no good references, but it 'feels' like it needs a little CW. Also a bit oversharpened but otherwise ok. The location entered should be wherever you took the photo, not were the aircraft is. If you were flying at the time, then use 'In flight'. If you were at an airfield (as you seem to have been), use the airfield.

'ww' means fish-eye or something? Such images may or may not be acceptable, but would need to see an example first to say definitively.

Comment

Thx dlowwa, that helps a lot.
      I'll correct those details for that heli

Wrong term, mistaken from german ww = Weitwinkel = wide-angle-lens
      I think of a simple wide-angle lens. It's the standard Zuiko 9-18mm (crop x2 due to MFT = equiv. 18-36mm), no fish-eye.
      I'll attach a sample, it's the same heli but not finally processed - it's just for general information on wide-angle shots.

Greets Andreas
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by bluebee View Post
        Thx dlowwa, that helps a lot.
        I'll correct those details for that heli

Wrong term, mistaken from german ww = Weitwinkel = wide-angle-lens
        I think of a simple wide-angle lens. It's the standard Zuiko 9-18mm (crop x2 due to MFT = equiv. 18-36mm), no fish-eye.
        I'll attach a sample, it's the same heli but not finally processed - it's just for general information on wide-angle shots.

Greets Andreas
        I see no reason for there to be a problem with this focal length, especially if with a rectilinear lens, rather than fisheye.

Comment

Hello ,

I have another two examples, where I'm not finally sure if they would be ready for main upload. One take in slightly variied edits. I guess oversharpened and to much contrast due to leaf and trees and too much green depending at this location.
          btw:
          the location - are there space limits to announce the location?
          This one would be "Helipad Rheiderland Hospital Weener" or "Helipad Rheiderland Krankenhaus Weener" (complete literally german) - would that be OK?

Greets Andreas
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello ,

I have another two examples, where I'm not finally sure if they would be ready for main upload. One take in slightly variied edits. I guess oversharpened and to much contrast due to leaf and trees and too much green depending at this location.
            btw:
            the location - are there space limits to announce the location?
            This one would be "Helipad Rheiderland Hospital Weener" or "Helipad Rheiderland Krankenhaus Weener" (complete literally german) - would that be OK?

Greets Andreas
            Borderline oversharpened, yes, but should be passable. Please try to use English in the location as much as possible please.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
              ... Please try to use English in the location as much as possible please.
              OK thx, I'll try to compare it to already existent locations of this type here in the gallery and make it shorter in english.

Greets Andreas

Comment

OK thx, I'll try to compare it to already existent locations of this type here in the gallery and make it shorter in english.

Greets Andreas
                Just for words like Krankenhaus which have an English equivalent. Proper names need not be literally translated.

Comment

Hello there,

I have some fresh pics to be pre-ckecked. 3 shots at an untypical location for this reg. I guess the first will be off instantly due to the framing environment, but I'm not really sure. Processed until now focussed on reducing peak-lights, sharpening referred at the Companys name, leveling referred to the rooftop construction. Colours are slightly touched, contrast slightly increased - pure sun can also be tricky...
                  If one of those comes close to common specs, please let me know.

Greets and regards
                  Andreas
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello there,

I have some fresh pics to be pre-ckecked. 3 shots at an untypical location for this reg. I guess the first will be off instantly due to the framing environment, but I'm not really sure. Processed until now focussed on reducing peak-lights, sharpening referred at the Companys name, leveling referred to the rooftop construction. Colours are slightly touched, contrast slightly increased - pure sun can also be tricky...
                    If one of those comes close to common specs, please let me know.

Greets and regards
                    Andreas
                    Only the third one will not be considered obstructed.

Comment

OK, thx.
                      What about the second one? I had already a similar one in rather the same situation while lifting from that rooftop. No matter if too bad, it's just to show and see a little bit of the landing site and the location around
                      I'll try to process one with different settings.

Greets Andreas

Comment

OK, thx.
                        What about the second one? I had already a similar one in rather the same situation while lifting from that rooftop. No matter if too bad, it's just to show and see a little bit of the landing site and the location around
                        See:

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                        Only the third one will not be considered obstructed.
                        I'll try to process one with different settings.
                        Processing with different settings will not change the fact that part of the landing gear is obstructed.

Comment

Ah, OK - I misunderstood "obstructed". I did not refer it to the partially hidden landing-gear, now it's clear

Grets Andreas

Comment

Hello there,

I'm not really sure due to tricky sky conditions followed by difficult colour-management. I have made these ones today:

Greets Andreas
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hello there,

I'm not really sure due to tricky sky conditions followed by difficult colour-management. I have made these ones today:

Greets Andreas
                              Light blue cast, but colour is not the biggest issue. Images all are dark and severely lack contrast due to lack of direct sunlight. Probably not much you can do to fix them.

Comment

Working...
                              X