Editing help needed for OverProcessed/Bad Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing help needed for OverProcessed/Bad Processing

Hi, I'd really appreciate some help with sorting out submissions that have been rejected for Over Processing/Bad Processing. The problem arises when the weather is beautiful with clear blue skies and each time I submit a photograph with just the aircraft and a clear blue sky with no clouds they are always rejected for a processing issue. I don't process these photographs any differently from those on the ground which seem to be acceptable. I use a very old fashioned out dated Picasa processing system, but that's about my limit of technical ability. The latest 2 photographs which have been rejected are 6644459 on 3rd July and 6645955 on the 4th. I'd be really grateful for any help, advice and tips, I use a Nikon D3200, I'm not sure if that's relevant, but when I asked this question before that was a response I got. Many thanks in advance for any guidance. Kindest regards Nig.

Originally posted by Nigel Garrigan View Post
    Hi, I'd really appreciate some help with sorting out submissions that have been rejected for Over Processing/Bad Processing. The problem arises when the weather is beautiful with clear blue skies and each time I submit a photograph with just the aircraft and a clear blue sky with no clouds they are always rejected for a processing issue. I don't process these photographs any differently from those on the ground which seem to be acceptable. I use a very old fashioned out dated Picasa processing system, but that's about my limit of technical ability. The latest 2 photographs which have been rejected are 6644459 on 3rd July and 6645955 on the 4th. I'd be really grateful for any help, advice and tips, I use a Nikon D3200, I'm not sure if that's relevant, but when I asked this question before that was a response I got. Many thanks in advance for any guidance. Kindest regards Nig.
    Hi Nig,

Just saw your rejection [https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6645955] and your photo has halos in almost all the top of the fuselage. This often happens because you change too much the shadows/highlights.

a good post is this one https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ips-and-tricks which explain clearly how to avoid halos in the image.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

Hi Vinicius

Many thanks for looking at the rejected photograph and the advice to help remedy it along with the attached link, I really appreciate it.

I'll go back to my photographs, follow the advice and may be ask for some pre-screening comments because I've never addressed this problem before.

Many thanks again.

All the best.

Nig

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel Garrigan View Post
        There are very definite editing halos visible around the aircraft. Two likely causes:

a) D-lighting feature on your D3200. Make sure that is turned off, as it is well known to cause halos like this.
        b) something in your editing workflow that adjusts shadows (shadow/highlight or clarity tools, for example).

Given your editing seems to be pretty limited, I'd bet it's the former. If you have RAW files, you should be able to process them again without the halos, but if you have jpegs only, there is nothing you can really do to remove them.

Comment

Hi, many thanks, I really appreciate your help and guidance. I have a feeling that I may have to photograph in RAW in the future as I've had this problem a few times before and tried a variety of ways to resolve it. My thanks again for your input and suggestions I really do appreciate them. My first attempt will be at LHR in a couple of weeks, hopefully you'll see some better results. All the best Nig.

Comment

Working...
          X