Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas - Editing Advice / Check before upload

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Good evening,

    Here are four new photos and the older, not yet pre-screened, photo.

    If there are any halos, can you help me with getting rid of them?

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	1029891

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	425.5 KB
ID:	1029892

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3443.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	514.9 KB
ID:	1029893

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3361.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	563.4 KB
ID:	1029894

    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3265.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	360.4 KB
ID:	1029895

    Thank you very much in advance!

    Jonas

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Jonas View Post
      Good evening,

      Here are four new photos and the older, not yet pre-screened, photo.

      If there are any halos, can you help me with getting rid of them?

      [ATTACH=CONFIG]18087[/ATTACH]

      [ATTACH=CONFIG]18088[/ATTACH]

      [ATTACH=CONFIG]18089[/ATTACH]

      [ATTACH=CONFIG]18090[/ATTACH]

      [ATTACH=CONFIG]18091[/ATTACH]

      Thank you very much in advance!

      Jonas
      1. soft, borderline dark, overprocessed
      2. soft/blurry, contrast, dirty
      3. soft/blurry, heat haze
      4. soft, borderline overprocessed
      5. soft

      Halos can't be removed, only avoided in the first place.

      Comment


      • #33
        Thank you!

        May i show you what ive done and then you might be able to know where they came from?

        Ive done the following things in LR:


        1. cropped
        2. remove chromatic aberation and profile corrections
        3. contrast +20
        4. highlights -32
        5. shadows +19
        6. whites +40
        7. blacks -7
        8. clarity +15
        9. sharpening at 80/0,8/35/90
        10. luminance 50
        11. color luminance 90
        12. exposure +,10

        Sometimes also removing haze (dont know the exact name)

        What causes the halos?

        BTW: You help me just so much! Huge Thank you


        Cheers,

        Jonas

        Comment


        • #34
          Am i able to remove the halos that way?:

          https://youtu.be/Ik-LB3ROARc

          Cheers Jonas

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Jonas View Post

            What causes the halos?
            This:

            Originally posted by Jonas View Post

            4. highlights -32
            5. shadows +19
            And maybe this:

            Originally posted by Jonas View Post

            8. clarity +15
            Originally posted by Jonas View Post
            Am i able to remove the halos that way?:

            https://youtu.be/Ik-LB3ROARc
            Wrong kind of halos, and in any case waaaaaaaayy too much effort to remove when you can just avoid them in the first place.

            Comment


            • #36
              Am i allowed to use them a little less like from +10 - -10 or will it still cause halos? (Highlights and Shadows)
              Can I go from +30 - -30 when the aircraft is one the ground? (Highlights and Shadows)
              Is the reduce Haze ok?
              Should I then leave our clarity completely or should I use it just as +5?


              Cheers

              Jonas

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                Am i allowed to use them a little less like from +10 - -10 or will it still cause halos? (Highlights and Shadows)
                Can I go from +30 - -30 when the aircraft is one the ground? (Highlights and Shadows)
                Is the reduce Haze ok?
                Should I then leave our clarity completely or should I use it just as +5?


                Cheers

                Jonas
                You're allowed to do whatever you want. If you want to avoid the halos altogether, set the above features to 0. If not, then use whatever settings you wish. Beyond that, there's not much else I can tell you.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Sorry I didn’t want to sound rude or so.
                  I wanted to say „can I do this without the halos appearing“.
                  Sorry for my unclear English.

                  Alright. Do i have halos appearing on ground shots while using highlights shadows and clarity as well?

                  Cheers

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                    Sorry I didn’t want to sound rude or so.
                    I wanted to say „can I do this without the halos appearing“.
                    Sorry for my unclear English.

                    Alright. Do i have halos appearing on ground shots while using highlights shadows and clarity as well?

                    Cheers
                    As I said, those tools (shadow/highlight/clarity) are known to cause halos. If you don't want halos, don't use them. Halos are much more obvious against a clear sky, but can also be seen with other backgrounds if strong enough.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Hey,

                      I tried to optimize the picture in halos. How does it look now? Are there still little halos?

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.7 KB
ID:	1029971

                      Cheers,
                      Jonas

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                        Hey,

                        I tried to optimize the picture in halos. How does it look now? Are there still little halos?

                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]18182[/ATTACH]

                        Cheers,
                        Jonas
                        Only minor halos around gear. Aircraft is soft/heat hazed, however.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Hey,

                          That sounds good. Here is my last version with 0 highlights, shadows and clarity:

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3551.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	1029984

                          Are all halos gone, now?

                          Cheers,
                          Jonas

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                            Hey,

                            That sounds good. Here is my last version with 0 highlights, shadows and clarity:

                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]18212[/ATTACH]

                            Are all halos gone, now?

                            Cheers,
                            Jonas
                            Yes, halos are gone. Heat haze remains, however.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Sounds great

                              Here are four other ones edited with the improved workflow:

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9945.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	344.5 KB
ID:	1029999

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	343.0 KB
ID:	1030000

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9905.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	1030001

                              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9678.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	304.1 KB
ID:	1030002

                              Cheers, Jonas

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Jonas View Post
                                Sounds great

                                Here are four other ones edited with the improved workflow:

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]18227[/ATTACH]

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]18228[/ATTACH]

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]18229[/ATTACH]

                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]18230[/ATTACH]

                                Cheers, Jonas
                                1-2 soft, dark/contrast
                                3-4 soft

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X