Arvin Lienardi - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arvin Lienardi - editing advice

hi, i just searching past files and find this photo below, i need advice or pre-screening on this photo.
    the photo had been edited before with photoshop.
    thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	9v-syl 1200px.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	564.1 KB
ID:	1045671

Originally posted by Arvin Lienardi View Post
    hi, i just searching past files and find this photo below, i need advice or pre-screening on this photo.
    the photo had been edited before with photoshop.
    thank you
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16962[/ATTACH]
    Looks passable to me.

Comment

Arvin Lienardi - pre-screening

Just really not sure does these photos are likely to be accepted or rejected.
      Any comments are appreciated.

Name:	PK-LJR.jpg
Size:	718.5 KB
ID:	1029635Click image for larger version

Name:	PK-CRF.jpg
Size:	656.3 KB
ID:	1029636Click image for larger version

Name:	hs-tbe2.jpg
Size:	699.7 KB
ID:	1029637
      Thank you,

Comment

Just really not sure does these photos are likely to be accepted or rejected.
        Any comments are appreciated.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]17786[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17787[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17788[/ATTACH]
        Thank you,
        Hi,

IMHO:

#1. cut off (horizontal stabilizer), soft, blurry
        #2. needs a better crop. Too much dead space in the left.
        #3. overexposed in the front section from the fuselage.

I'm a normal user from the site/forum, so wait more comments from the crew.

Cheers,

Vinicius

Comment

Originally posted by vcruvinel View Post
          Hi,

IMHO:

#1. cut off (horizontal stabilizer), soft, blurry
          #2. needs a better crop. Too much dead space in the left.
          #3. overexposed in the front section from the fuselage.

I'm a normal user from the site/forum, so wait more comments from the crew.

Cheers,

Vinicius
          #3 is not overexposed, it should be fine.

Comment

Help with contrast rejection

Recently i got several photos mainly rejected due to contrast reasons. I do not know either it's too high or too low contrast.
            Here some of the photos

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I hope JP crews can help me with this by giving suggestion during editing. Thank you

Comment

Recently i got several photos mainly rejected due to contrast reasons. I do not know either it's too high or too low contrast.
              Here some of the photos

I hope JP crews can help me with this by giving suggestion during editing. Thank you
              Hi.

At first welcome to JP.

For your rejections. Unfortunately #1, #3 and #4 can not be fixed due to the overcast sky.
              If you shoot in such conditions the image lacks contrast, the result is "too much or too little contrast".
              #2 have a little chance with a better editing. Try to process the image from the original file.
              To avoid "noise/grain" use less sharpening as in the image above and add a bit of noise reduction if needed.

Small addition to the rejected images:
              Some of them show JPEG-Compression artefacts - save your images in highest quality to avoid them.

Hope this will help, if you had questions feel free to ask in this thread.

Have a good day!
              Best Regards from Germany,
              Julian S.​

Comment

Usually the airport i went for spotting gets a bit hazy at around 3pm and above, does that contribute to lack of contrast due to bad weather?

I do still have a doubt on how to determine wheter the image contrast is too high or to low.

Comment

Usually the airport i went for spotting gets a bit hazy at around 3pm and above, does that contribute to lack of contrast due to bad weather?

I do still have a doubt on how to determine wheter the image contrast is too high or to low.

Hey there,

I’m not a screener or crew member but my suggestion (as a fellow photographer) would be to read the ‘photo upload guidelines’ which will give you a run down on what is and what is not acceptable as well as example images so you can get a visual idea of what contrast is acceptable as well as other aspects,

Cheers and Kindest Regards,
                  Jordan

Comment

Hi.

Sorry for the slightly late reply!

Heat haze have nothing to do with contrast. The main reason is no,bad or too harsch light.
                    As written above the problem in your pics is the overcast sky - as a result the pictures have too little contrast what not fixable, same for backlit.

A good idea is, as Jordan already said to read the guidelines. They give ideas about that what we want to see/not to see (or what is accepteable and what not)
                    https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version
                    Also a really good help and a must read:
                    Best Regards from Germany,
                    Julian S.​

Comment

I have several photos that i'm not sure about. I would be grateful if any JP crew could give their opinion.

Name:	hz-ak11.jpg
Size:	712.9 KB
ID:	1032014

Name:	pk-clk.jpg
Size:	529.7 KB
ID:	1032015

Name:	vn-a396.jpg
Size:	869.6 KB
ID:	1032016

Name:	a7-bck.jpg
Size:	584.3 KB
ID:	1032018

Name:	ja870j.jpg
Size:	529.8 KB
ID:	1032017

Comment

I have several photos that i'm not sure about. I would be grateful if any JP crew could give their opinion.
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20708[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20709[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20710[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20712[/ATTACH]
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]20711[/ATTACH]
                        1. contrast
                        2. horizon, borderline contrast
                        3. contrast, heat haze
                        4. backlit
                        5. backlit, contrast

Only #2 is potentially fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
                          1. contrast
                          2. horizon, borderline contrast

Only #2 is potentially fixable.
                          Firstly, thank you for the response. But what do you mean by borderline contrast? Does no.1 have contrast issue because of the sun doesnt shone to the plane due to covered by clouds?

Comment

Firstly, thank you for the response. But what do you mean by borderline contrast?
                            Borderline = screening decision could go either way.

Does no.1 have contrast issue because of the sun doesnt shone to the plane due to covered by clouds?
                            Correct.

Comment

I have some photos that im not sure that it could pass screening process not, i'd be glad if any screener could share their opinions

Name:	ek orange.jpg
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	1033663

Name:	A7-BDD.jpg
Size:	618.7 KB
ID:	1033664

Name:	pk-ghd rtr 2.jpg