X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    hello,
    Shadow shows the picture is actually backlit so no, I'm afraid it's not fixable

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• efeberkealici
    replied
    Thanks for the replies, unfortunately I don't have another shot of the 787 but for 320, I do.
    Can you also check this, thanks. If there is a problem, please also inform if it's fixable.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VQ-BAR2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	489.4 KB
ID:	1041970

Leave a comment:

• speedbird707
    replied
    1. Virgin looks a little dark and is soft/blurry around the flightdeck and the tail fin

2. The A 320 aircraft looks a little soft and perhaps a little over processed, the glare is causing problems to the edge of the logo

Leave a comment:

• adrenochrome
    replied
    - Virgin's tail looks abit blur and soft
    - Is there like a flare or some kind of window glare on the A320? im not sure if that's acceptable

this is based on my own opinions though, im not sure if its credible enough.

Leave a comment:

• efeberkealici
    replied
    efeberkealici - Prescreening

Hello everybody! I would really appreciate your efforts in my photos' prescreening. It would be awesome, if you also include if it's solvable, recommendations on editing and other things that will help me to be better. Thanks to all users and screeners.

Name:	Başlıksız-1.jpg
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	1041855Click image for larger version

Name:	VQ-BAR.jpg
Size:	211.1 KB
ID:	1041856

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by efeberkealici View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17333[/ATTACH]
    Can you pre-screen? thanks
    Borderline for (low) contrast.

Leave a comment:

• efeberkealici
    replied

Name:	IMG_7231-Edit.jpg
Size:	481.5 KB
ID:	1029291
    Can you pre-screen? thanks

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Please pre-screen these
    Thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17310[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]17311[/ATTACH]
    Both would be rejected for soft, and possible contrast.

Leave a comment:

• efeberkealici
    replied
    Please pre-screen these
    Thanks

Name:	IMG_7222-Edit.jpg
Size:	545.3 KB
ID:	1029274Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7248-Edit.jpg
Size:	431.7 KB
ID:	1029275

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17287[/ATTACH]
    Backlit, soft, lacking contrast (dull aircraft, pitch black shadows lacking details, washed out background)

Leave a comment:

• efeberkealici
    replied

Name:	VP-BBR.jpg
Size:	478.4 KB
ID:	1029259

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Can you pre-screen this please?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17277[/ATTACH]
    This will not be the photo you will upload (watermark). Please upload the final photo you plan to upload, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• efeberkealici
    replied
    Can you pre-screen this please?

Name:	IMG_7197-Edit-Edit.jpg
Size:	485.7 KB
ID:	1029250

Leave a comment:

• efeberkealici
    replied
    Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
    Hi. I'm not a screener but I can give you some advice on how to get good contrast. I don't know what time of the day you shot your photos or which direction you were looking but the easiest way would be to shoot with the sun behind you which would allow you to get good contrast. As the screener has pointed out, the likely issue with your photos is that you shot them in poor light conditions, likely on an overcast day with no direct light, which makes it difficult to get good contrast.

The second image does indeed look fixable. You can do that in the program you use to edit your photos by increasing the contrast with the contrast slider. You don't need to increase by much. Just enough to get a bit more shadow under the aircraft's fuselage and the wings while the rest remains relatively bright.

Hope my input helps. All the best.
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    The criterium in this case is the aircraft should not look washed out against the sky as they do in your images. Better weather conditions should yield better results.
    Originally posted by cmorton View Post
    I agree with the above comments from previous posters. When I first started with aviation photography (5+ years ago) contrast was something which I found rather difficult. As previous posters have stated, photographing in better weather conditions with the sun behind you will greatly improve the quality and lighting of the photographs. In my opinion the first and secoand photographs are looking to be the better attempts, however, will still need "fixing". If you are using photoshop there is a good addin from Google called "Nik Collection" (free) which contains some very good tools to improve the image. Also if you are not already, take your photographs in RAW mode insted of JPEG as RAW retains more image data than JPEG.

Hope I have helped

Chris
    Thanks everyone! Noted every suggestions and tips. I hope I'll get better results!

Leave a comment:

• cmorton
    replied
    I agree with the above comments from previous posters. When I first started with aviation photography (5+ years ago) contrast was something which I found rather difficult. As previous posters have stated, photographing in better weather conditions with the sun behind you will greatly improve the quality and lighting of the photographs. In my opinion the first and secoand photographs are looking to be the better attempts, however, will still need "fixing". If you are using photoshop there is a good addin from Google called "Nik Collection" (free) which contains some very good tools to improve the image. Also if you are not already, take your photographs in RAW mode insted of JPEG as RAW retains more image data than JPEG.

Hope I have helped

Chris

Leave a comment:

Working...
X