John McGee/PrestonFiedler - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John McGee/PrestonFiedler - Editing Advice

Hey all, really struggling with this one. Been rejected six times for contrast too little or too much. I'm assuming flat, but this is getting a little out of hand, I've added almost 30 points of contrast now. Let me know what y'all think please.

Good day!

Hi,
    Unfortunately I'm afraid there isn't much you can do on such place. Plane in the shadow with a sunny background isn't a good combo and all editing won't change the face the background is brighter than the plane itself...
    Now... Hope that nice TA-4J had some sun when it took of....

Regards
    Alex

Comment

Hi Alex,

Indeed it did, shots of that you shall find in the queue upon editing. I think maybe I'll have a go bumping the shadows and then posting here. It's not backlit, it just happened to annoyingly be behind the one cloud that was in the sky. Argh!

Comment

Hi all, a few more I'd like advice on. I've tabeled the Gulf Air for now, might try to make it work later but I understand it'll be difficult if not impossible. Alex, this shot of the A-4 is from a different date, the shots from this past show are still a little ways off.

Comment

Originally posted by PrestonFiedler View Post
          Hi all, a few more I'd like advice on. I've tabeled the Gulf Air for now, might try to make it work later but I understand it'll be difficult if not impossible. Alex, this shot of the A-4 is from a different date, the shots from this past show are still a little ways off.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17172[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17173[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17174[/ATTACH]
          White balance looks a little warm on the first two (esp. the second). Third should be ok.

Comment

Roger that, thank you. I'll fix and upload.

Comment

Hi all, here's a few more I'd like feedback on.

Thanks, and have a great rest of the weekend!

Comment

Hi all, here's a few more I'd like feedback on.
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17299[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17300[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17301[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17302[/ATTACH]
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]17303[/ATTACH]

Thanks, and have a great rest of the weekend!
                P-51 is technically backlit and might have contrast issues otherwise, and the Belgian -57 is a bit dark/lacks contrast. Otherwise, don't see any other big issues.

Comment

Thank you Dana, here's some re-edits. I gave the Mustang another shot with a very slight shadow lift, since its not backlit but the sun is quite high. Unfortunately with it being during an airshow, not a lot I could do there. I have a different angle that may work better if this re-edit isn't up to par.

Thanks all!

Comment

Thank you Dana, here's some re-edits. I gave the Mustang another shot with a very slight shadow lift, since its not backlit but the sun is quite high. Unfortunately with it being during an airshow, not a lot I could do there. I have a different angle that may work better if this re-edit isn't up to par.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17304[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]17305[/ATTACH]

Thanks all!
                    Both still borderline at best.

Comment

Thanks Dana, the ones that looked good are in the queue, and that's all I have at the moment.

Comment

Hi again all,

Here's a few more for you now that I have some slots open. Thank you to Dana for your help with those above, I appreciate it.

Comment

Hi again all,

Here's a few more for you now that I have some slots open. Thank you to Dana for your help with those above, I appreciate it.
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17503[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17504[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17505[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17506[/ATTACH]
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]17507[/ATTACH]
                          No. 2 is too dark/contrast. Other seem acceptable, and I really like no.5

Comment

Thank you Pamela! That formation in 5 is one of my favorites as well. I'll lighten and reduce the contrast just slightly on the Blue Angels delta.

Comment

Hi all, here's a few more for pre-screen. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X