No announcement yet.

John McGee/PrestonFiedler - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, that's quite fair. It was pretty flat hazy light and almost tail-lit. I'll wait until I have a wide open queue and then might give it a shot. Thanks!

Comment

Hi all, back for another round of pre-screening after waiting for my queue to clear slightly and university work to subside a bit. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by PrestonFiedler View Post
        Hi all, back for another round of pre-screening after waiting for my queue to clear slightly and university work to subside a bit. Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18659[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]18660[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]18662[/ATTACH]
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]18663[/ATTACH]
        1. borderline contrast
        2-4 borderline heat haze
        5. ok

Comment

Thanks Dana. I'll bump the contrast on the FR and downsize the others to minimize the effects of the haze.

Comment

Here are a few more, back after a bit of a break, university got busier. Thanks!

Comment

Here are a few more, back after a bit of a break, university got busier. Thanks!
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]19484[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]19481[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]19482[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]19483[/ATTACH]
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]19485[/ATTACH]
              A bit dark, but otherwise ok.

Comment

Thanks Dana, are they all appearing dark? I was thinking 1&3 but I want to make sure I make the correct adjustments. And is it more of a midtones/shadows adjustment or overall exposure? Thanks!

Comment

Thanks Dana, are they all appearing dark?
                  Yes.

And is it more of a midtones/shadows adjustment or overall exposure? Thanks!
                  Overall.

Comment

Thanks Dana, adjusted those and they're now in the queue. Here's a few more I'd like to get feedback on.

Comment

Thanks Dana, adjusted those and they're now in the queue. Here's a few more I'd like to get feedback on.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19646[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19647[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19648[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19649[/ATTACH]
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]19650[/ATTACH]
                      These would be ok for me.

Comment

Thanks Dana, I'll go ahead and queue them once I have daily uploads available.

Comment

Hi all,

This has been rejected twice for color, and frankly I'm a bit lost on this one. I also missed a category, but I'll wait for the email to see what's supposedlty missing from that.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Comment

Hi all,

This has been rejected twice for color, and frankly I'm a bit lost on this one. I also missed a category, but I'll wait for the email to see what's supposedlty missing from that.

https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7332461
                            Green-ish cast (check WB settings), not being helped by the poor contrast. This is a business jet, so you should select category 'Business Jet'.

Comment

Thanks Dana, attempted to correct the color again. I know the contrast isn't great and its not fantastic light, but with it being a pretty rare subject I decided to shoot it anyways. I'll be sure to select business jet. Does this look better?

Comment

Thanks Dana, attempted to correct the color again. I know the contrast isn't great and its not fantastic light, but with it being a pretty rare subject I decided to shoot it anyways. I'll be sure to select business jet. Does this look better?
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]24960[/ATTACH]
                                Better, but still borderline for contrast/color. Might be acceptable being a new reg., but can't promise.

Comment

Working...
                                X