• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a.m.
    replied
    thx dlowwa

Can you please review these. Specifically the first two regarding :

1) Is the wing shadow over the registration a problem ?
    2) Since these were taken at dawn it's ok to have the color temperature yellish ? or should push a bit more light and white ?

thx again for your time and help

/rgds
    a.m.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by a.m. View Post
    Thx dlowwa

Can you please review these ? thx again for your time and support.

/rgds
    Some of them are a little high in the frame, but otherwise should be ok.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

Can you please review these ? thx again for your time and support.

/rgds
    Attached Files
    Last edited by a.m.; 2018-09-13, 19:08. Reason: replace photo

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Should be ok.
    Thx dlowwa

can you please review these ? thx again for your time and support.

/rgds
    Attached Files
    Last edited by a.m.; 2018-09-12, 08:30. Reason: replace photo

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

#The halos need to be visible on the uploaded version to actually be an issue.
    I understand, my problem is realy to see them at naked eye... maybe now with the help of the equalized function I can train the eye a bit.
    However, I believe that the best solution, is to not create them to start with.... so I'm applying a (halos) bullet proof processing... that does not create halos

So let's see if I have learned anything.

Can you please review these ? thx

/rgds
    Should be ok.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Only the first one is really obvious, but again, the equalized versions are not what will be screened. The halos need to be visible on the uploaded version to actually be an issue.
    Thx dlowwa

#The halos need to be visible on the uploaded version to actually be an issue.
    I understand, my problem is realy to see them at naked eye... maybe now with the help of the equalized function I can train the eye a bit.
    However, I believe that the best solution, is to not create them to start with.... so I'm applying a (halos) bullet proof processing... that does not create halos

So let's see if I have learned anything.

Can you please review these ? thx

/rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

#I posted the equalized versions simply because you seemed to be having issues seeing them yourself, or even understanding what I was talking about.
    You are 100% correct on both

There are halos and halos.... and I coudln't see these "small" color depressions in the sky...
    Then the word "overprocessed" just lead me to look at oversharpen ...

I need now a training course on the Airport's XRay security scanner system...

So let's see if I can start to use the equalize function to post acceptable photos.

1) this clearly shows halos and the borderline problems ..correct ?
    2) in this case the borderline is the problem ... correct ?
    3,4,5 ) these photos looks ok, regarding halos and borderline.. correct ?

thx again for your time and patience... (I hope) I'll get there one of these days

/rgds
    Only the first one is really obvious, but again, the equalized versions are not what will be screened. The halos need to be visible on the uploaded version to actually be an issue.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    No, the problem is easy to see with the naked eye. I posted the equalized versions simply because you seemed to be having issues seeing them yourself, or even understanding what I was talking about.
    Thx dlowwa

#I posted the equalized versions simply because you seemed to be having issues seeing them yourself, or even understanding what I was talking about.
    You are 100% correct on both

There are halos and halos.... and I coudln't see these "small" color depressions in the sky...
    Then the word "overprocessed" just lead me to look at oversharpen ...

I need now a training course on the Airport's XRay security scanner system...

So let's see if I can start to use the equalize function to post acceptable photos.

1) this clearly shows halos and the borderline problems ..correct ?
    2) in this case the borderline is the problem ... correct ?
    3,4,5 ) these photos looks ok, regarding halos and borderline.. correct ?

thx again for your time and patience... (I hope) I'll get there one of these days

/rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    ah... no wonder I coudln't identify/notice : (halos, overprocessing) ... I was trying to see them at "naked eye" in the original photo.
    While this equalized view is where I should be using to look for the problem.

So, for the other issues : (borderline, contrast, compression ) is there any other view/tool/report that can/should be used to identify them ?
    Is there any automated workflow to analyze the quality of a photo ?

thx

/rgds
    a.m.
    No, the problem is easy to see with the naked eye. I posted the equalized versions simply because you seemed to be having issues seeing them yourself, or even understanding what I was talking about.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    No, same reason as before - editing halos visible around fuselage. Much easier to see equalized:

#1 - strong editing halos [ATTACH=CONFIG]18407[/ATTACH]

#4 - nothing noticeable [ATTACH=CONFIG]18408[/ATTACH]
    ah... no wonder I coudln't identify/notice : (halos, overprocessing) ... I was trying to see them at "naked eye" in the original photo.
    While this equalized view is where I should be using to look for the problem.

So, for the other issues : (borderline, contrast, compression ) is there any other view/tool/report that can/should be used to identify them ?
    Is there any automated workflow to analyze the quality of a photo ?

thx

/rgds
    a.m.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    I must admit I'm a bit lost now.
    The only processing I've applied was a HighPass sharpen filter ( with minimum values ) ..
    .. as such I need your help in other to learn identify where the overprocessing can be seen.

are the strong defined black letters the reason of the overprocessing ?
    or are the strong primary colors the reason ?
    No, same reason as before - editing halos visible around fuselage. Much easier to see equalized:

#1 - strong editing halos Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages1.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	1030136

#4 - nothing noticeable Click image for larger version

Name:	procimages2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	1030137

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    1-3 overprocessed
    4-5 borderline contrast
    Thx dlowwa

I must admit I'm a bit lost now.
    The only processing I've applied was a HighPass sharpen filter ( with minimum values ) ..
    .. as such I need your help in other to learn identify where the overprocessing can be seen.

are the strong defined black letters the reason of the overprocessing ?
    or are the strong primary colors the reason ?

Once again thanks for your time and help

/rgds
    a.m.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

Based on your comments I'm now simplifying a bit the overwall processing.
    Just a bit of ligth... and a highpass filter to sharpen the plane layer after resizing.
    No luminance, no noise reduction, no color balance, no nothing... so, if the end result isn't good, let's move to another photo.
    (Additional to that, I'm also expecting that the Autumn's photo season will bring clear photos, due to less haze, clean and cold air. )

Can you please then review these, accordingly to the "new rules"?

Thanks again for your time and help
    /rgds
    1-3 overprocessed
    4-5 borderline contrast

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

Based on your comments I'm now simplifying a bit the overwall processing.
    Just a bit of ligth... and a highpass filter to sharpen the plane layer after resizing.
    No luminance, no noise reduction, no color balance, no nothing... so, if the end result isn't good, let's move to another photo.
    (Additional to that, I'm also expecting that the Autumn's photo season will bring clear photos, due to less haze, clean and cold air. )

Can you please then review these, accordingly to the "new rules"?

Thanks again for your time and help
    /rgds
    Attached Files
    Last edited by a.m.; 2018-09-05, 22:43. Reason: replace photo

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

#Shadows not an issue on any of them
    Great. This will simplify a lot my processing workflow.

Now, let's look at the overprocessed issue.
    This has been a recurrent issue and I need some (extra) help to try to correct it.
    Specifically TAP planes are prone to this... lots of primary colors, (small) black letters on white background... details, details..

As such, can you please review this set ?

They have no processing/adjust at all, not in camera, not previous to resizing , not after, none at all.

They are as they come from the camera.

So, are they acceptable ?
    No halo issues with these images.

If not what do you suggest ?
    1) a tade of sharpening in all the plane ?
    2) a tade of sharpening in specific locals : everywhere... but not in letters ?
    3) a tade of sharpening just in letters ?
    As I've said before, sharpening has nothing to do with the types of halos you're seeing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X