X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a.m.
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    4 needs CW rotation and 5 is a touch dark, otherwise quality looks ok.
    thx dlowwa

How about this EasyJet series ?

/rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by a.m. View Post
    How about this series of big birds ? thx

/rgds
    4 needs CW rotation and 5 is a touch dark, otherwise quality looks ok.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    How about this series of big birds ? thx

/rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
    No. 1-3 are a tad dark, no. 1 is also soft, 4 and 5 look acceptable.
    thx pdeboer

well, a tad is a tad, is a tad...

(I must say, usually I left them dark... in order to reduce any non essential processing, I left them dark.
    TAP Portugal planes are a nigthmare to me... the blacks and whites are always wrong/dificult to assess... so they end up dark, not the case here anyway )

.. so do they look better/ok now ?

/rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pdeboer
    replied
    How about these ?

/rgds
    No. 1-3 are a tad dark, no. 1 is also soft, 4 and 5 look acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    How about these ?

/rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    First is a bit high, and the second a bit flat. Otherwise should be ok.
    Thx dlowwa

/rgds

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

How about the two photos, do they look ok now. ?
    First is a bit high, and the second a bit flat. Otherwise should be ok.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    'Borderline' is used as an adverb meaning 'nearly' or 'almost', in other words the image may be rejected for that issue, or it may not. Thus, you could have 'borderline centering' (may be rejected for centering, or may not be) just as easily as you could have 'borderline color' (color may or may not be an issue). It is not a specific feature or characteristic of the image itself.

If you're looking for 'borderlines' as an actual feature of the image, you will not find any. Sharpening with masks will not cause the types of halos present in some of the images you have posted.
    Thx dlowwa

#just as easily as you could have 'borderline color' (color may or may not be an issue).
    That was the borderline I was thinking.

#Sharpening with masks will not cause the types of halos present in some of the images you have posted.
    yes, so far I was been able to identify halos associated with clarity, luminance and other processing.... but I now believe I'm able to see them.
    I'm now using a different approach to remove shadows... applying just locally in a layer...therefore not changing/forcing all image "shadows".
    ( I don't have PS, to handle it automatically )

How about the two photos, do they look ok now. ?

/rgds

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

I believe I've identified the root cause of the problem and how to avoid/solve it.

Basically I'm doing a layer mask to apply a HighPass filter in order to sharpen the image
    I'm applying the filter , by "paint" just some zones...which basically are the complete plane.

After some tests, I realized that when the painting is applyed to the edges of the plane ...introduces a borderline with a dark color...so I'm assuming this is the borderline you mention.

As such, I'm applying now the filter just to interior areas of the plane.

Here's then the new photos processed in such a way, are they acceptable now ?

thanks again for your time and help
    /rgds
    'Borderline' is used as an adverb meaning 'nearly' or 'almost', in other words the image may be rejected for that issue, or it may not. Thus, you could have 'borderline centering' (may be rejected for centering, or may not be) just as easily as you could have 'borderline color' (color may or may not be an issue). It is not a specific feature or characteristic of the image itself.

If you're looking for 'borderlines' as an actual feature of the image, you will not find any. Sharpening with masks will not cause the types of halos present in some of the images you have posted.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Neither of these images have problems with halos/bad processing.
    Thx dlowwa

I believe I've identified the root cause of the problem and how to avoid/solve it.

Basically I'm doing a layer mask to apply a HighPass filter in order to sharpen the image
    I'm applying the filter , by "paint" just some zones...which basically are the complete plane.

After some tests, I realized that when the painting is applyed to the edges of the plane ...introduces a borderline with a dark color...so I'm assuming this is the borderline you mention.

As such, I'm applying now the filter just to interior areas of the plane.

Here's then the new photos processed in such a way, are they acceptable now ?

thanks again for your time and help
    /rgds
    Attached Files
    Last edited by a.m.; 2018-08-24, 14:04. Reason: replace photos

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Sorry for the confusion. The idea was to show the processed and non processed versions.

Here's then just the two non processed photos.

/rgds
    Neither of these images have problems with halos/bad processing.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Sorry for the confusion. The idea was to show the processed and non processed versions.

Here's then just the two non processed photos.

/rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Here's a version with no editting whatsoever.... just convert raw to jpeg and resize to 1280.
    Does this shows/manifests borderline contrast/color ?
    /rgds
    There are two clearly different images here. Are they both with no editing?

Here's another example... also no processing. However in this case... there's a clear white line below the body.... looking closer... we can see a mix of an artifact , plus some real light reflection.
    Again, there are two images here. Which one are you asking about?

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Here's another example... also no processing. However in this case... there's a clear white line below the body.... looking closer... we can see a mix of an artifact , plus some real light reflection.
    So the question is : is this recoverable ? or should I aim for clean photos to start with ?

thx again
    /rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X