pre-screen photos at dawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi dlowwa, I need a bit of help here.

I've these rejected with : HUE, Tint issue.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Since I haven't applied anything other than brightness and sharpness, and assuming that Tint isn't a personal taste,
    Is there a (scientific) way to identify : if there's a Tint color issue ?

Found the problem, is it (usually) recoverable ? are the above fixable ?

thanks for your time and help

/rgds
    a.m.

Comment

• Originally posted by a.m. View Post
      Hi dlowwa, I need a bit of help here.

I've these rejected with : HUE, Tint issue.
      Indeed, these all have a cyan/green tint. See the (adjusted) left side here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	48910_1582155232.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	1081966

Originally posted by a.m. View Post
      Since I haven't applied anything other than brightness and sharpness, and assuming that Tint isn't a personal taste,
      Is there a (scientific) way to identify : if there's a Tint color issue ?

Found the problem, is it (usually) recoverable ? are the above fixable ?
      Easy way to tell is by looking at the fuselage and/or sky, which both appear off in the original submission. If you have issues with color blindness, this may be much more difficult to detect, but otherwise it's something that should be very easy to resolve by simply adjusting the color balance.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Indeed, these all have a cyan/green tint. See the (adjusted) left side here:

Click image for larger version Name:	48910_1582155232.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	1081966

Easy way to tell is by looking at the fuselage and/or sky, which both appear off in the original submission. If you have issues with color blindness, this may be much more difficult to detect, but otherwise it's something that should be very easy to resolve by simply adjusting the color balance.
        Thx dlowwa for your quick answer.
        Yes, looking at the two images, I can see and understand "Tint green/cyan" effect.. which looks also less saturated.
        The difficulty to me is to judge that amount or to identify the problem to start with.
        The color balance changes due to time, weather, angle conditions... so sometimes whites are whites, reds are reds but sometimes they have a bit of washed tones..
        .. and that's where probably my problem resides... identify "washed tons/non natural tones" due to brightness/saturation or due to a slight color shift.
        These particularly photos were taken at mid day, plaint o sun shine... < 20ºC , but nonless, no infinity visibility... so I don't known, maybe some color haze/tone wash
        Ok, let's see if I can take more attention to whites... and maybe de-saturate a bit the photos.
        thx again
        /rgds
        a.m.

Comment

Thx dlowwa for your quick answer.
          Yes, looking at the two images, I can see and understand "Tint green/cyan" effect.. which looks also less saturated.
          The difficulty to me is to judge that amount or to identify the problem to start with.
          The color balance changes due to time, weather, angle conditions... so sometimes whites are whites, reds are reds but sometimes they have a bit of washed tones..
          .. and that's where probably my problem resides... identify "washed tons/non natural tones" due to brightness/saturation or due to a slight color shift.
          These particularly photos were taken at mid day, plaint o sun shine... < 20ºC , but nonless, no infinity visibility... so I don't known, maybe some color haze/tone wash
          Ok, let's see if I can take more attention to whites... and maybe de-saturate a bit the photos.
          thx again
          /rgds
          a.m.
          If you're unsure, you can always post an image or two here before uploading to see if there are any potential issues.

Comment

If you're unsure, you can always post an image or two here before uploading to see if there are any potential issues.
            ah.. great advice . For sure I will, I'm just trying to save your time for (more) important things.
            I've tried to learn a few things to avoid sending all files to pre-screening. But yes, my own screening process, has some (lots of) flaws ...and fails often.
            So understanding the process and having a proof method to verify it is essential.
            Thanks again for your time and help ... and I'll send the next batch for pre-screening

Comment

ah.. great advice . For sure I will, I'm just trying to save your time for (more) important things.
              I've tried to learn a few things to avoid sending all files to pre-screening. But yes, my own screening process, has some (lots of) flaws ...and fails often.
              So understanding the process and having a proof method to verify it is essential.
              Thanks again for your time and help ... and I'll send the next batch for pre-screening
              Honestly, it's no issue checking one or two images once in a while, especially if you are specific about your concerns. It's the guys who constantly post the max 5 images every 24 hours with only comments 'pre-screening please' that start to get on my nerves a bit

Comment

Honestly, it's no issue checking one or two images once in a while, especially if you are specific about your concerns. It's the guys who constantly post the max 5 images every 24 hours with only comments 'pre-screening please' that start to get on my nerves a bit
                Thx dlowwa, great feedback, highly appreciated. "5 images every 24 hours".. I've done that... so that's the kind of situation I was trying to avoid .
                Great. See you then one of this days with a tuff problem.

/rgds
                a.m.

Comment

• Head on shots are almost always excluded since the full livery is not visible. The image of CS-TUE is not at the best angle to see the livery, so it may have been excluded for that reason, though I did not screen it myself, and you may find other examples from a similar angle on FR24. Basically, if you want to lower your chances of having images excluded, best to choose an angle that shows the whole livery/aircraft.

Comment

• Thx dlowwa

I agree that head shots, really don’t identify the aircraft.. so that’s understandable to remove these.

But never tough that CS-TUE could be removed for that reason. The registration number it’s clearly seen In the middle of the picture, along with the tail. There’s no other special thing on this livery to be seen.

Strangely , enough I took 5 or so photos in sequence and I choose this one because it show the plane on a different angle. In my “ingenuity” I was thinking on creating diversity and avoid always the same angle. Damn.. it looks I’ve failed.. but this angle rule is/will be something very difficult to master.

Back to the drawing board..

/rgds
                    a.m.

Comment

• Hi dlowwa. Long time no see/talk. how's life ? hope fine .
                      Can you please review this one, specifically regarding the iron string over the wheel. Would it be be considered obstruction ?
                      thx Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_1715_cs-tkh .jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.70 MB ID:	1123639

Comment

Hi dlowwa. Long time no see/talk. how's life ? hope fine .
                        Can you please review this one, specifically regarding the iron string over the wheel. Would it be be considered obstruction ?
                        thx
                        Yes, obstruction. Minor, but seems like it would be avoidable by changing the angle slightly. Also a touch soft towards the nose.

Comment

• Understood , thx. Unfortunately I’m already in the angle limit to take the photo. Maybe next time, they park it one yard away. Thx

Comment

• Hi dlowwa. How's life ? hope fine .
                            I need your help to understand these 3 rejections for: Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter, ( It's the first time I've receive an "Obstruction rejection")

I've appealed for the first , in order to get some feedback, but can't understand it, then my request for help.
                            "when a small obstruction like here is easy to avoid then it gets rejected".

I believe the "small obstruction" is the runway lights in front of the wheel.
                            If that's the case, then I'm completed puzzled.

Sure I could have not upload such photo... if I knew it would broke a rule... but so far, that wasn't been a problem.

As one of these coincidences, in my last post above, I've asked advise on a small wired in front of the wheel. It was considered obstruction.
                            And I understand why.. the wired is an external factor to the "environment"...

So, I believe I'm acquainted to the obstruction rules,

During this 3 years I've uploaded lots of files in the same position, therefore with the same lights in front of the wheels.
                            Still in the previous batch, 2 other photos in the same exact position where accepted.

Can you please shed some light ?

Thx for your time and help

Comment

I need your help to understand these 3 rejections for: Obstructing Objects / Foreground Clutter, ( It's the first time I've receive an "Obstruction rejection")
                              Since you've already appealed, and the comments were nearly identical to the ones I made several months ago, I don't think there is much to add. As for the two 'similar' accepted images, one should have been rejected (EC-MEL), and in the other the obstruction is much more minor.

Comment

Working...
                              X