• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a.m.
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

How about these two ?

#1) Trying to align using the fence poles... it would be impossible, because not all of the, are in sync... ( looks like a rolling effect )
    So I choose to align by the tiny roof top, plus the "horizon" of the runway.

#2) again the poles "aren't in sync" , so I aligned them using the roff top, plus some trees ( the palm tree )

/rgds
    a.m.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by a.m. View Post
    Hi dlowwa

I'd the following rejected by horizon unlevel https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7557462. Will 0,5º CCW correct it ?
    When having so many reference , vertical and horizontal and where at the sides probably distortion would foul ourselves... what's the rule of thumb to align it ?
    Are the roff tops ( thus horizontal ) the best reference for alignment ?
    No, since it's visible, I'd simply look at the actual horizon. You'll see it's nowhere near level.

how about this one ? is it ok ? I can see conflicting alignments between the vertical metal sheets in the wall of the structure and the houses in background for instance.
    Since the metal structure seats in the middle of the images ( thus less potential distortion effect ) shouldn't it be the reference for alignment ?
    All verticals are leaning right = needs CCW rotation.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Hi dlowwa

I'd the following rejected by horizon unlevel https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7557462. Will 0,5º CCW correct it ?
    When having so many reference , vertical and horizontal and where at the sides probably distortion would foul ourselves... what's the rule of thumb to align it ?
    Are the roff tops ( thus horizontal ) the best reference for alignment ?

how about this one ? is it ok ? I can see conflicting alignments between the vertical metal sheets in the wall of the structure and the houses in background for instance.
    Since the metal structure seats in the middle of the images ( thus less potential distortion effect ) shouldn't it be the reference for alignment ?

thanks for your time and help

/rgds
    a.m.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    ah.. well, rules are rules
    thx
    a.m.
    Guidelines, not necessarily rules. This one is open to interpretation, but as you can tell, in my opinion it's likely to be considered similar.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    ah.. well, rules are rules
    thx
    a.m.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi dlowwa

Will these two be considered similarly ?
    Apart the angle , one is taxiing, the other is taking off.

D-AIHC. Airbus A340-642. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

a.m.
    Yes, likely to be considered similar.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Hi dlowwa

Will these two be considered similarly ?
    Apart the angle , one is taxiing, the other is taking off.

D-AIHC. Airbus A340-642. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

a.m.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    Would be rejected for soft, noise, glare, and possibly contrast.
    Thx dlowwa

Not having a directly light source probably forces/augments all of these issues. Back to the drawing board then.

/rgds
    a.m.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi dlowwa

Trying for the first time night shots, is this one acceptable ?
    thx
    Would be rejected for soft, noise, glare, and possibly contrast.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Hi dlowwa

Trying for the first time night shots, is this one acceptable ?
    thx
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    If you're desperate to have the newer version accepted, you can point out when uploading the addition of the small sticker when uploading.
    Thx dlowwa

No big deal then. I've "found" this situation went uploading the new photo... I notice the similarly and cancelled the upload, but then I realized that the first photo hasn't a name. So I ask.

Anyway, this is being the norm this year @TAP for the couple of dozens new planes they are receiving. Planes enter service without a name, then some weeks later they add the name.

thx
    a.m.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi dlowwa

another question on "Similarly"

does a "name change" still lets a photo similarly ?
    I've this one published where the plane had no name... https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9369161

Is then this one , where the plane got a name, similarly ?

Photo wise... they look like twins... so they should be similarly.... but since the name changed.... maybe the rule is different.

/thx for your time and help
    a.m.
    Technically not similar, but really pushing against the 'spirit' of the guidelines. If you're desperate to have the newer version accepted, you can point out when uploading the addition of the small sticker when uploading.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Hi dlowwa

another question on "Similarly"

does a "name change" still lets a photo similarly ?
    I've this one published where the plane had no name... https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9369161

Is then this one , where the plane got a name, similarly ?

Photo wise... they look like twins... so they should be similarly.... but since the name changed.... maybe the rule is different.

/thx for your time and help
    a.m.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    thx

Can you please review this one ? thx
    Borderline dark/color (green tint).

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Yes, obstructed (also soft). Different airports are not similar.
    thx

Can you please review this one ? thx
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X