X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by a.m. View Post

ah.. great advice . For sure I will, I'm just trying to save your time for (more) important things.
    I've tried to learn a few things to avoid sending all files to pre-screening. But yes, my own screening process, has some (lots of) flaws ...and fails often.
    So understanding the process and having a proof method to verify it is essential.
    Thanks again for your time and help ... and I'll send the next batch for pre-screening
    Honestly, it's no issue checking one or two images once in a while, especially if you are specific about your concerns. It's the guys who constantly post the max 5 images every 24 hours with only comments 'pre-screening please' that start to get on my nerves a bit

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

If you're unsure, you can always post an image or two here before uploading to see if there are any potential issues.
    ah.. great advice . For sure I will, I'm just trying to save your time for (more) important things.
    I've tried to learn a few things to avoid sending all files to pre-screening. But yes, my own screening process, has some (lots of) flaws ...and fails often.
    So understanding the process and having a proof method to verify it is essential.
    Thanks again for your time and help ... and I'll send the next batch for pre-screening

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied

Thx dlowwa for your quick answer.
    Yes, looking at the two images, I can see and understand "Tint green/cyan" effect.. which looks also less saturated.
    The difficulty to me is to judge that amount or to identify the problem to start with.
    The color balance changes due to time, weather, angle conditions... so sometimes whites are whites, reds are reds but sometimes they have a bit of washed tones..
    .. and that's where probably my problem resides... identify "washed tons/non natural tones" due to brightness/saturation or due to a slight color shift.
    These particularly photos were taken at mid day, plaint o sun shine... < 20ºC , but nonless, no infinity visibility... so I don't known, maybe some color haze/tone wash
    Ok, let's see if I can take more attention to whites... and maybe de-saturate a bit the photos.
    thx again
    /rgds
    a.m.
    If you're unsure, you can always post an image or two here before uploading to see if there are any potential issues.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied

Indeed, these all have a cyan/green tint. See the (adjusted) left side here:

Click image for larger version Name:	48910_1582155232.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	1081966

Easy way to tell is by looking at the fuselage and/or sky, which both appear off in the original submission. If you have issues with color blindness, this may be much more difficult to detect, but otherwise it's something that should be very easy to resolve by simply adjusting the color balance.
    Thx dlowwa for your quick answer.
    Yes, looking at the two images, I can see and understand "Tint green/cyan" effect.. which looks also less saturated.
    The difficulty to me is to judge that amount or to identify the problem to start with.
    The color balance changes due to time, weather, angle conditions... so sometimes whites are whites, reds are reds but sometimes they have a bit of washed tones..
    .. and that's where probably my problem resides... identify "washed tons/non natural tones" due to brightness/saturation or due to a slight color shift.
    These particularly photos were taken at mid day, plaint o sun shine... < 20ºC , but nonless, no infinity visibility... so I don't known, maybe some color haze/tone wash
    Ok, let's see if I can take more attention to whites... and maybe de-saturate a bit the photos.
    thx again
    /rgds
    a.m.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi dlowwa, I need a bit of help here.

I've these rejected with : HUE, Tint issue.
    Indeed, these all have a cyan/green tint. See the (adjusted) left side here:

Click image for larger version  Name:	48910_1582155232.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.20 MB ID:	1081966

Since I haven't applied anything other than brightness and sharpness, and assuming that Tint isn't a personal taste,
    Is there a (scientific) way to identify : if there's a Tint color issue ?

Found the problem, is it (usually) recoverable ? are the above fixable ?
    Easy way to tell is by looking at the fuselage and/or sky, which both appear off in the original submission. If you have issues with color blindness, this may be much more difficult to detect, but otherwise it's something that should be very easy to resolve by simply adjusting the color balance.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Hi dlowwa, I need a bit of help here.

I've these rejected with : HUE, Tint issue.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Since I haven't applied anything other than brightness and sharpness, and assuming that Tint isn't a personal taste,
    Is there a (scientific) way to identify : if there's a Tint color issue ?

Found the problem, is it (usually) recoverable ? are the above fixable ?

thanks for your time and help

/rgds
    a.m.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi dlowwa, I'm assuming you are back, and enjoyed some great vacations.
    How about these, from a foggy morning ? are they acceptable ?
    Thx for your time and help
    1, 2, 4 very likely contrast rejections; 3 likely dark rejection.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Better I suppose, but likely still too dark, especially the first. Better to move on from that one at least and try with better images.
    Hi dlowwa, I'm assuming you are back, and enjoyed some great vacations.
    How about these, from a foggy morning ? are they acceptable ?
    Thx for your time and help
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Ah.. didn't knew that. I admit I've darkened it a bit just to have a "better/more defined silhouette". Wrong move then.
    I realized also that the background/sky isn't the best , to flat for my taste... not enough sparse clouds ... but better dawns will come
    So, here's another try, with the normal out of the camera light.
    Are these closer ?

/rgds
    a.m.

PS: Sorry for asking you to review such boring photos.. I'll promise that I won't bore you in the next couple of weeks. Skip my post, have fun , pretend you still are in 1985 ... no wifi in sight
    Better I suppose, but likely still too dark, especially the first. Better to move on from that one at least and try with better images.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Silhouette shots still need to be exposed properly. Aircraft doesn't have to be bright, but the whole frame can't be really dark either.
    Ah.. didn't knew that. I admit I've darkened it a bit just to have a "better/more defined silhouette". Wrong move then.
    I realized also that the background/sky isn't the best , to flat for my taste... not enough sparse clouds ... but better dawns will come
    So, here's another try, with the normal out of the camera light.
    Are these closer ?

/rgds
    a.m.

PS: Sorry for asking you to review such boring photos.. I'll promise that I won't bore you in the next couple of weeks. Skip my post, have fun , pretend you still are in 1985 ... no wifi in sight
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    ah... great (for us) .... but probably not so fun for you

well.. I'm getting "dark" photos, even on photos that supposed to be dark ... I'm still in the bottom of the learning curve here.
    thx
    Silhouette shots still need to be exposed properly. Aircraft doesn't have to be bright, but the whole frame can't be really dark either.

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Still away, but stable Wifi connection now
    ah... great (for us) .... but probably not so fun for you

1. dark, oversharpened
    2. borderline dark
    well.. I'm getting "dark" photos, even on photos that supposed to be dark ... I'm still in the bottom of the learning curve here.
    thx

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi dlowwa, already back from vacations ? or working remotely ?
    Still away, but stable Wifi connection now

Can you please review these ? thx
    /rgds
    1. dark, oversharpened
    2. borderline dark

Leave a comment:

• a.m.
    replied
    Hi dlowwa, already back from vacations ? or working remotely ?

Can you please review these ? thx
    /rgds
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thx dlowwa

How about these two ?

#1) Trying to align using the fence poles... it would be impossible, because not all of the, are in sync... ( looks like a rolling effect )
    So I choose to align by the tiny roof top, plus the "horizon" of the runway.

#2) again the poles "aren't in sync" , so I aligned them using the roff top, plus some trees ( the palm tree )

/rgds
    a.m.
    Horizon should be ok on first one; second has conflicting verticals, but I'd rely more on the structure in the background than the fence, in which case is also looks ok to me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X