• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for Over/Bad Processing. I applied my normal workflow so not sure what needs to be done to fix it.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TIA
    Andrew
    Editing halos are visible. You should process the image so that there are no halos.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for Over/Bad Processing. I applied my normal workflow so not sure what needs to be done to fix it.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

Regarding my previous post, I too thought it was part of the stabilizer (and missed it) but it was a dust spot. I am guessing that was the problem.

Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

This picture was rejected for Dust spots and Digital manipulation. The dust spot is easily enough removed but i am unsure about the digital manipulation.
    I only have Light Room. After the lens correction my process is white balance, exposure, contrast, light tones and sharpening.

TIA
    Andrew
    Appears to be poor dust removal, but if that's a natural effect on the stabilizer let me know, and I will see that the rejection is overturned.

Leave a comment:

• MQ1131
    replied
    Hi All

This picture was rejected for Dust spots and Digital manipulation. The dust spot is easily enough removed but i am unsure about the digital manipulation.
    I only have Light Room. After the lens correction my process is white balance, exposure, contrast, light tones and sharpening.

TIA
    Andrew
    Hi, I noticed that there are something unusal on the horizontal stabilizer. You might want to avoid that next time.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    HI All

I have had this picture rejected twice for over exposure. The histogram looks OK (spread over full length) but it needs less exposure?
    Correct. Most of the aircraft is nearly blown out.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    HI All

I have had this picture rejected twice for over exposure. The histogram looks OK (spread over full length) but it needs less exposure?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi all

I have had this picture rejected twice for too much too little contrast. Last time I increased the contrast but it still needs more?

TIA
    Andrew
    Close to acceptable for me, though yes, the contrast is a bit weak - look at the shadows below the aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi all

I have had this picture rejected twice for too much too little contrast. Last time I increased the contrast but it still needs more?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi all

I had the two following pictures rejected for horizontal unlevel. I used the corners of the buildings to get the vertical as the lamp posts are all over the place. I have checked my source pictures and the building corners are vertical. What am i supposed to reference too?

Thanks in advance.
    Andrew
    ALL verticals (lamp posts and buildings) are leaning right. Both need CCW rotation.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi all

I had the two following pictures rejected for horizontal unlevel. I used the corners of the buildings to get the vertical as the lamp posts are all over the place. I have checked my source pictures and the building corners are vertical. What am i supposed to reference too?

Thanks in advance.
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    The aircraft is clearly too high in the frame. There is far more dead space below the aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for horizon and centering.

The horizon was set to the runway in the top background. I centered the aircraft between the the two wingtips.
    I appealed and was told the aircraft is not centered vertically however the gap between the front of the fusalage and rear fusalage are the same (as per guidelines) I do not know where to go now?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• NYspotter
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected due to contrast issues. The screeners comment was that the darker tones are too low, this i can see on the RGB histogram.

The picture may have been taken on a hazy day but i can usually fix that with de-hazing and contrast increase. I have tried tweeking the blues (being the darker tone) in lightroom but am unable to increase the height of the darker tones on the histogram. Increasing the contrast did not appear to have any effect (only widened the histogram). Or is the picture even salvageable?

TIA
    Andrew
    Contrast is poor. You could try to use shadows tool because its background is ground, not sky

Leave a comment:

Working...
X