Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
    Hi All

I had the following picture rejected for contrast and bad color. The contrast is easy to fix but there are are no white references for white balance (I don't usually use the clouds). Not sure which way to go. The blue sky appears to be OK.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TIA
    Andrew
    I think the color is actually not that bad..maybe a touch oversaturated, but mostly it's that there are a lot of odd colors all thrown together in that image. Bump up the contrast a bit and desaturated just a touch and might ok.

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected as Undersharpened (Soft). I checked my source and the text was clear and readable. I have processed the image as normal but still soft?

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TIA
      Andrew

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected for many things. I can see the contrast needs to be increased but i would have thought the colors were OK. Regarding the Over Processed / Bad postprocessing I have no idea what i have done wrong.

TIA
        Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected as Undersharpened (Soft). I checked my source and the text was clear and readable.
          Ok, then just add a little sharpening.

Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
          I had this picture rejected for many things. I can see the contrast needs to be increased but i would have thought the colors were OK. Regarding the Over Processed / Bad postprocessing I have no idea what i have done wrong.
          Taken through a window I assume? Contrast looks terrible and the colors oversaturated to compensate, with a strong blue tint. Editing halos also visible.

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected for over processed / bad processing. I used my normal work flow, the colors and contrast look ok, not sure what needs to be fixed.

TIA
            Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected for over processed / bad processing. I used my normal work flow, the colors and contrast look ok, not sure what needs to be fixed.

TIA
              Andrew
              Editing halos are visible.

Comment

• Hi All

Another picture rejected for over processed / bad processing. I looked and cant see any haloing (only reflections). If halos are present i am not sure why they start to appear now as i have not changed my work flow. My understanding is halos can be reduced by less sharpening?

TIA
                Andrew

Comment

Hi All

Another picture rejected for over processed / bad processing. I looked and cant see any haloing (only reflections). If halos are present i am not sure why they start to appear now as i have not changed my work flow. My understanding is halos can be reduced by less sharpening?

TIA
                  Andrew
                  There is banding visible in the sky. This may be more of a compression issue than processing.

Comment

• Hi All

I have just had these two pictures rejected for Over Processed / Bad processing.

The colours and exposure look OK, I was careful not to introduce halos. Not sure what is wrong any help to guide me how to fix them will be appreciated.

TIA
                    Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I have just had these two pictures rejected for Over Processed / Bad processing.

The colours and exposure look OK, I was careful not to introduce halos. Not sure what is wrong any help to guide me how to fix them will be appreciated.

TIA
                      Andrew
                      Relatively strong editing halos on those two.

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected for horizon unlevel. I normally level this type of picture to the horizontal of the fuselage. However this time not allowed, but I am not sure what i should have levelled to?

TIA
                        Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected for horizon unlevel. I normally level this type of picture to the horizontal of the fuselage. However this time not allowed, but I am not sure what i should have levelled to?

TIA
                          Andrew
                          Rejection has already been appealed and comments left by senior screener.

Comment

• Hi All

I am at a loss to what is required to this picture:

Initially i aligned the fuselage to the horizontal but was told 'Leveling horizontally will give you a crooked horizon due to the perspective'

Within the picture the only horizon reference are the roads/tracks. I leveled horizontally to the average of the roads but was rejected again and the screeners comment 'needs CCW rotation'

This implies to what i did with the first rejection. I have looked at similar pictures taken in the same area and there appears to be no consistency. Some of the fuselages are horizontal and some are not.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

TIA
                            Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I am at a loss to what is required to this picture:

Initially i aligned the fuselage to the horizontal but was told 'Leveling horizontally will give you a crooked horizon due to the perspective'

Within the picture the only horizon reference are the roads/tracks. I leveled horizontally to the average of the roads but was rejected again and the screeners comment 'needs CCW rotation'

This implies to what i did with the first rejection. I have looked at similar pictures taken in the same area and there appears to be no consistency. Some of the fuselages are horizontal and some are not.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

TIA
                              Andrew
                              As above, rejection has already been appealed. There will be no further comments from crew.

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected for over processed / bad postprocessing

Not sure why, I checked the image and colours look OK, no halos or jpeg compression?

TIA
                                Andrew

Comment

Working...
                                X