No announcement yet.

AndrewL - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a screener, but when using the dust tool in JP, I see something around the antenna and also the wheels that could be thought of as halos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jp.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	666.2 KB
ID:	1119344

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected for over exposure, bad processing and contrast.
      JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

It was taken at sunset and flagged as a night shot.
      The histogram is spread across the graph (not clipped) any advice how to fix would be welcomed.
      TIA
      Andrew

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
        Hi All

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The histogram is spread across the graph (not clipped) any advice how to fix would be welcomed.
        TIA
        Andrew
        Reducing the exposure would one fix the "overexposed" rejection and possibly the "too much or too little contrast" rejection along with it.

on the other hand, you would have to figure out whats giving you the bad processing on your images. It's most likely that your "shadows" and "highlights" are turned up way too far, So just simply turn them down.

Comment

Hi All

TIA
          Andrew
          Exposure looks acceptable, though the contrast is too harsh. Light editing halos are visible.

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected for Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

I have checked, there are no haloes, the colors are ok, both histograms ok.
            Any advice welcomed.
            TIA
            Andrew

Comment

Hi All

Any advice welcomed.
              TIA
              Andrew
              Something in your process has made the sky very blotchy - if you use the check for dust tool you can see it.

Comment

Hi All

Any advice welcomed.
                TIA
                Andrew
                Halos are in fact visible.

Comment

• Hi All
                  I had this picture rejected for numerous reasons. Softness, post-processing and jpg artifacts.

The softness i understand but the image looks sharp even when i magnify 1.5x (and is no worse than other images i submit)
                  The colors and white balance are good. Both histograms look OK. There are no halos so why the bad post-processing?
                  I can see no jpg artifacts.

TIA
                  Andrew

Comment

• There are no halos so why the bad post-processing?

Not a screener but if you use the ‘check for dust tool’, it answers both bad post processing/over processed as well as JPEG artifacts. Sky has quite a bit of visible compression, but especially on the top of the fuselage and leading edge of the wing. Also a faint halo around the whole aircraft, especially the tail.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi All
                      I had this picture rejected for numerous reasons. Softness, post-processing and jpg artifacts.

The softness i understand but the image looks sharp even when i magnify 1.5x (and is no worse than other images i submit)
                      The colors and white balance are good. Both histograms look OK. There are no halos so why the bad post-processing?

TIA
                      Andrew
                      Soft and overprocessed yes, don't really see any compression myself.

Comment

• Hi All

I had this picture rejected for over exposure.

The histogram is evenly distributed across the graph.
                        What have i missed?

TIA
                        Andrew

Comment

Hi All

I had this picture rejected for over exposure.

The histogram is evenly distributed across the graph.
                          What have i missed?

TIA
                          Andrew
                          Large spike on right of histogram, hardly 'evenly distributed'. Fuselage is blown out.

Comment

• Is this a better exposure?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Is this a better exposure?
                              Exposure better, but much softer.

Comment

Is this a better exposure?
                                Hi Andrew. The photo looks better, but is undersharpened (soft)

Thanks
                                Cameron

Comment

Working...
                                X