• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for contrast again. I did increase the contrast, have i gone too far with the contrast or not enough.
    Contrast is weak.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for contrast again. I did increase the contrast, have i gone too far with the contrast or not enough.

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback Dlowwa.

I use lightroom for editing and save at the highest jpeg resolution, i use the same process for all my pictures but this has accured before when the color tone gradient is subtle. What am i doing wrong? or what should i be doing to stop this?

TIA
    Andrew
    Honestly, it's not a huge issue, for me anyway. If you're noticing banding in such situations, trying doing all of your editing on a 16-bit TIFF before downsizing/converting to jpeg. That should get rid of a lot of potential compression issues

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Thanks for the feedback Dlowwa.

I use lightroom for editing and save at the highest jpeg resolution, i use the same process for all my pictures but this has accured before when the color tone gradient is subtle. What am i doing wrong? or what should i be doing to stop this?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All
    This picture was taken full frame with a 36meg pixel camera. How can there be jpeg artefacts? All the detail is sharp and no pixilation evident.
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

TIA
    Andrew
    Compression visible in the sky. You're not uploading a 36mp image, so stands to reason you've added compression at some point.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All
    This picture was taken full frame with a 36meg pixel camera. How can there be jpeg artefacts? All the detail is sharp and no pixilation evident.

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

I got this picture rejected for not centered. I centered the body of the helicopter, what should i have done?

TIA
    Andrew
    Looks just a touch high.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I got this picture rejected for not centered. I centered the body of the helicopter, what should i have done?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

A couple of issues i would like help with.

This was rejected for contrast and bad info. The contrast i guess needs to be increased? but what did i get wrong with the bad info? This is filled in automatically when the rego is entered.
    Regarding contrast i have a common problem with this. How is one supposed to adjust contrast, perceived with ones eye? or with the histogram, if so what should i be looking for and adjusting?

This was rejected for jpg compression artifacts. I cant see any jpeg pixilation on the aircraft detail. If the sky is the problem would not it be observable all over the image? The jpeg compression process is uniform over the whole image. The picture was taken at nearly full frame. What would i do to fix it?

TIA
    Andrew
    1. borderline contrast due to hazy/slightly overcast light. Info because this is not a civilian aircraft.
    2. compression/noise visible in the sky.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

A couple of issues i would like help with.

This was rejected for contrast and bad info. The contrast i guess needs to be increased? but what did i get wrong with the bad info? This is filled in automatically when the rego is entered.
    Regarding contrast i have a common problem with this. How is one supposed to adjust contrast, perceived with ones eye? or with the histogram, if so what should i be looking for and adjusting?

This was rejected for jpg compression artifacts. I cant see any jpeg pixilation on the aircraft detail. If the sky is the problem would not it be observable all over the image? The jpeg compression process is uniform over the whole image. The picture was taken at nearly full frame. What would i do to fix it?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi all

I had this picture rejected for 'Too much or too little contrast​' I perceived that the contrast is OK but which is it, too much or too little?

TIA
    Andrew
    Very flat light (too little).

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi all

I had this picture rejected for 'Too much or too little contrast​' I perceived that the contrast is OK but which is it, too much or too little?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi Dlowwa

Regarding my previous post. I have gone through the sequence of pictures taken of the Dreamliner. I have processed this one. Is it acceptable?
    Soft/contrast rejection for me.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi Dlowwa

Regarding my previous post. I have gone through the sequence of pictures taken of the Dreamliner. I have processed this one. Is it acceptable?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BC B747-4H6 N718BA #4A 0726 KOSH.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	563.0 KB
ID:	1168739 TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

I levelled this picture to the runway edge (behind wheels) but was rejected. What should i have levelled to or what rotation is required?
    Vertical references. Needs CW rotation. Seems like contrast & soft should have been added to the rejection, so not sure it's worth the effort to rework.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X