• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarkLawrence
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewL View Post
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I have checked, there are no haloes, the colors are ok, both histograms ok.
    Any advice welcomed.
    TIA
    Andrew
    Something in your process has made the sky very blotchy - if you use the check for dust tool you can see it.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for Over Processed / Bad postprocessing
    JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I have checked, there are no haloes, the colors are ok, both histograms ok.
    Any advice welcomed.
    TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for over exposure, bad processing and contrast.

It was taken at sunset and flagged as a night shot.
    The histogram is spread across the graph (not clipped) any advice how to fix would be welcomed.
    TIA
    Andrew
    Exposure looks acceptable, though the contrast is too harsh. Light editing halos are visible.

Leave a comment:

• RobertMahar15
    replied
    Hi All

The histogram is spread across the graph (not clipped) any advice how to fix would be welcomed.
    TIA
    Andrew
    Reducing the exposure would one fix the "overexposed" rejection and possibly the "too much or too little contrast" rejection along with it.

on the other hand, you would have to figure out whats giving you the bad processing on your images. It's most likely that your "shadows" and "highlights" are turned up way too far, So just simply turn them down.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• MarkLawrence
    replied
    I'm not a screener, but when using the dust tool in JP, I see something around the antenna and also the wheels that could be thought of as halos.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jp.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	666.2 KB
ID:	1119344

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for over processed / bad postprocessing

Not sure why, I checked the image and colours look OK, no halos or jpeg compression?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

I am at a loss to what is required to this picture:

Initially i aligned the fuselage to the horizontal but was told 'Leveling horizontally will give you a crooked horizon due to the perspective'

Within the picture the only horizon reference are the roads/tracks. I leveled horizontally to the average of the roads but was rejected again and the screeners comment 'needs CCW rotation'

This implies to what i did with the first rejection. I have looked at similar pictures taken in the same area and there appears to be no consistency. Some of the fuselages are horizontal and some are not.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

TIA
    Andrew
    As above, rejection has already been appealed. There will be no further comments from crew.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I am at a loss to what is required to this picture:

Initially i aligned the fuselage to the horizontal but was told 'Leveling horizontally will give you a crooked horizon due to the perspective'

Within the picture the only horizon reference are the roads/tracks. I leveled horizontally to the average of the roads but was rejected again and the screeners comment 'needs CCW rotation'

This implies to what i did with the first rejection. I have looked at similar pictures taken in the same area and there appears to be no consistency. Some of the fuselages are horizontal and some are not.

Any help/guidance would be appreciated.

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for horizon unlevel. I normally level this type of picture to the horizontal of the fuselage. However this time not allowed, but I am not sure what i should have levelled to?

TIA
    Andrew
    Rejection has already been appealed and comments left by senior screener.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I had this picture rejected for horizon unlevel. I normally level this type of picture to the horizontal of the fuselage. However this time not allowed, but I am not sure what i should have levelled to?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

I have just had these two pictures rejected for Over Processed / Bad processing.

The colours and exposure look OK, I was careful not to introduce halos. Not sure what is wrong any help to guide me how to fix them will be appreciated.

TIA
    Andrew
    Relatively strong editing halos on those two.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

I have just had these two pictures rejected for Over Processed / Bad processing.

The colours and exposure look OK, I was careful not to introduce halos. Not sure what is wrong any help to guide me how to fix them will be appreciated.

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Hi All

Another picture rejected for over processed / bad processing. I looked and cant see any haloing (only reflections). If halos are present i am not sure why they start to appear now as i have not changed my work flow. My understanding is halos can be reduced by less sharpening?

TIA
    Andrew
    There is banding visible in the sky. This may be more of a compression issue than processing.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewL
    replied
    Hi All

Another picture rejected for over processed / bad processing. I looked and cant see any haloing (only reflections). If halos are present i am not sure why they start to appear now as i have not changed my work flow. My understanding is halos can be reduced by less sharpening?

TIA
    Andrew

Leave a comment:

Working...
X