Editing advice - DillonLFC7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing advice - DillonLFC7

So I've recently received 2 rejected photos. They are rejected for too much or too little contrast as well as Undersharpened (soft). The soft reason i do understand... but for the contrast wise on my end, i feel is fine. but the reason of Too much or Too little contrast confuses me as I'm not sure if the screeners feel it's too much or too little, so I've linked the rejected photos below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	10586_1534009690.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	733.7 KB
ID:	1045716

Name:	26734_1534009666.jpg
Size:	873.9 KB
ID:	1045717

Originally posted by DillonLFC7 View Post
    So I've recently received 2 rejected photos. They are rejected for too much or too little contrast as well as Undersharpened (soft). The soft reason i do understand... but for the contrast wise on my end, i feel is fine. but the reason of Too much or Too little contrast confuses me as I'm not sure if the screeners feel it's too much or too little, so I've linked the rejected photos below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18008[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18009[/ATTACH]
    To me it looks like it's too little contrast. I would say increase the contrast. Most contrast rejections its usually too little contrast. However I do agree that the screeners should make it a little easier for us by specifying whether it's too much or too little when they issue contrast rejections.

Comment

Not a screener but much like Pta Aviation says. Contrast definitely too low, look for online tutorials on how to fix that, should be easy.
      Softness however can be seen in the Delta 747 for example on the numbers on the vertical stabiliser. Unfortunately any real hint of softness will always go down as soft. The American 777 should be ok for softness but I recommend smart sharpening on photoshop if that is what you are using for editting.
      Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Pta Aviation View Post
        To me it looks like it's too little contrast. I would say increase the contrast. Most contrast rejections its usually too little contrast. However I do agree that the screeners should make it a little easier for us by specifying whether it's too much or too little when they issue contrast rejections.
        Originally posted by DeavesPhotography View Post
        Not a screener but much like Pta Aviation says. Contrast definitely too low, look for online tutorials on how to fix that, should be easy.
        Softness however can be seen in the Delta 747 for example on the numbers on the vertical stabiliser. Unfortunately any real hint of softness will always go down as soft. The American 777 should be ok for softness but I recommend smart sharpening on photoshop if that is what you are using for editting.
        Good luck.
        Alright Thanks guys, gonna increase the contrast

Comment

Is this better now?

Name:	BP9wrEb.jpg
Size:	165.5 KB
ID:	1029830

Name:	mqJR7zg.jpg
Size:	177.7 KB
ID:	1029831

Comment

Is this better now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18010[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18011[/ATTACH]
            These would both be rejected for contrast, soft, and noise. The light and sharpness is very poor on both these images. I do not think you can make them acceptable for here with more editing.

Comment

Hi,

I would like to have some advice on this photo and see if it has too much or too little contrast. This was just rejected for this reason. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Name:	BE242D66-B6C9-4A33-A9DF-1C60B87792E5.jpeg
Size:	875.9 KB
ID:	1034600

Comment

Hi,

I would like to have some advice on this photo and see if it has too much or too little contrast. This was just rejected for this reason. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23842[/ATTACH]
                The contrast is very low. Given the overall light conditions, this might not be fixable.

Comment

Hi,

I need some advice on this edit. Poor weather conditions resulted some poor lighting. I have been trying to fix the photos and was wondering if this was ok?

Name:	92-9000-9_1920px.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	800.8 KB
ID:	1092889

Comment

Hi,

I need some advice on this edit. Poor weather conditions resulted some poor lighting. I have been trying to fix the photos and was wondering if this was ok?

Name:	92-9000-9_1920px.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	800.8 KB
ID:	1092889
                    This would be rejected for overprocessed (editing halos and other bad edits around the aircraft), and possibly contrast as well.

Comment

Hi I need some advice over these 2 photos. I keep getting "too much and too little contrast" rejection. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Name:	9V-SHS.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	698.0 KB
ID:	1101550Click image for larger version

Name:	9V-MGA.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	1101551

Comment

Hi I need some advice over these 2 photos. I keep getting "too much and too little contrast" rejection. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Name:	9V-SHS.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	698.0 KB
ID:	1101550Click image for larger version

Name:	9V-MGA.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	1101551
                        The first cannot be fixed, and the second doesn't look like it has a great chance either. The cloudy conditions at the time of shooting mean that editing can do little to improve things. You can try adding more contrast to the second, but even doing that, the chances still won't be great.

Comment

Working...
                        X