Peter Lund - Editing Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Does this stand a chance of being accepted ?
    Attached Files
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lund View Post
      Hi,
      Does this stand a chance of being accepted ?
      Unlikely. Soft, contrast, and other issues are there.

Comment

I had some issues with my autofocus while taking this shot.
        Wondering if the photo stands a chance ?
        Attached Files
        Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

I had some issues with my autofocus while taking this shot.
          Wondering if the photo stands a chance ?
          Soft/blurry, and poor contrast. Not a chance I'm afraid.

Comment

Hi All,
            I have lately experienced a few rejection with the aircraft not being centered according to the guidelines which honestly dosenīt make any sense in my opinion and would like som clarification to the guideline.

As I understand the guideline uses the fuselage windows as target to where the center of the picture should be, where I normally take the whole fuselage and center it so there is the same amount of space above and below.

I have attached two pictures where the first is centered which makes most sense to me and the other is centered around the windows.
            The pictures has been appealed with the same reason, but they are rarely accepted.

Click image for larger version  Name:	CS-TJRd200722.jpg Views:	0 Size:	902.7 KB ID:	1141133
            Click image for larger version  Name:	CS-TJRd200722jetphotos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	788.9 KB ID:	1141134

I would really like an clarification to this as it annoys me to have picture rejected for things like this.
            Attached Files
            Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Hello, the first shot is too high in the frame.
              The center of the aircraft should be in the center of the frame.
              And the top edge of the fuselage should have approximately a similar distance from the top edge of the image as the bottom edge of the fuselage from the bottom edge of the image.
              Centering airliners around the windows is a good starting point.

Comment

Hi All,
                I have lately experienced a few rejection with the aircraft not being centered according to the guidelines which honestly dosenīt make any sense in my opinion and would like som clarification to the guideline.

As I understand the guideline uses the fuselage windows as target to where the center of the picture should be, where I normally take the whole fuselage and center it so there is the same amount of space above and below.

I have attached two pictures where the first is centered which makes most sense to me and the other is centered around the windows.
                The pictures has been appealed with the same reason, but they are rarely accepted.

Click image for larger version Name:	CS-TJRd200722.jpg Views:	0 Size:	902.7 KB ID:	1141133
                Click image for larger version Name:	CS-TJRd200722jetphotos.jpg Views:	0 Size:	788.9 KB ID:	1141134

I would really like an clarification to this as it annoys me to have picture rejected for things like this.
                First one is tad too high and the second too low in frame.
                It's good to look out for the windows and set the middle slightly below (see red marking in thumbnail below).

Best regards

Senior screener - Jetphotos.com Crew
                Last edited by Martinair; 2022-07-22, 15:19.
                Best regards

Martin
                Jetphotos.com Crew

Comment

Thanks Martinair
                  Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Sometimes when taking night shots I experience some kind of halo on the picture.
                    How can I avoid those and what makes them appear ?

On the attached image they are clearly visible over the left wing.
                    Attached Files
                    Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

• Originally posted by Peter Lund View Post
                      Sometimes when taking night shots I experience some kind of halo on the picture.
                      How can I avoid those and what makes them appear ?

On the attached image they are clearly visible over the left wing.
                      I think that the lens flare could be avoided by using lens hood, or potentially choosing a different angle to the light source. Also maybe a polarisation filter could help as it only allows light that comes in one direction and avoids reflections, however I'm not sure how the polarisation filter would work at night as it tends to slow the lens down.

Comment

• Hi,
                        Would like some advise on this picture if it would have a chance.
                        Unfortunately the light wasnīt optimal and the sun was straight down the runway.
                        Attached Files
                        Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Hi,
                          Would like some advise on this picture if it would have a chance.
                          Unfortunately the light wasnīt optimal and the sun was straight down the runway.
                          There are issues with centering, horizon, and contrast/near backlighting.

Comment

• Would this have a chance and would it fall under the night shot catagory (was taken 30 minutes prior to sunset).
                            Attached Files
                            Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Would this have a chance and would it fall under the night shot catagory (was taken 30 minutes prior to sunset).
                              Soft/poor contrast. Not night shot.

Comment

• I had this one rejected for unleveled which I was a bit surprised about.
                                When I tried email photoscreeners(at)jetphotos.net I received a message that it could not be delivered.

However, my question is. What did you (the screeners) use to see if it was leveled ?.
                                Attached Files
                                Best regards

Peter Lund

Comment

Working...
                                X