Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screener's Comments

Hello Screeners and Fellow Photographers

Often when those anxiously awaited emails from the Screening Team come along and we open them and see those dreaded two words REJECTED PHOTOS ...morale goes down the plumbing and tears begin flowing...(sometimes).
    But in this dark moment of our lives... I have seen that occasionally a noble soul among screeners has the patience and compassion when rejecting photos - and adds a comment.

Now in my case when I get something like a Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue) rejection motif - and I have a good collection of those - if the screener adds a comment, I am much more focused on the problem.
    This helps me to (a) understand the problem and not stare at the photo for hours wondering where the problem might be (b) it gives me a precise indication of an error I can probably fix and resend the photo to upload with greater chances of acceptation.

I know screeners have tons of other more interesting things they could do rather than screen photos and put Disney style comments to make us all happy.
    But....pretty please.... any chance the comments could be added.... more often? ..... not always (I know that is really pushing my luck).

I hope this is taken as a constructive idea for the good of all and not for some personal glory of mine.
    Regards to all

Originally posted by aceriana View Post
    Hello Screeners and Fellow Photographers

Often when those anxiously awaited emails from the Screening Team come along and we open them and see those dreaded two words REJECTED PHOTOS ...morale goes down the plumbing and tears begin flowing...(sometimes).
    But in this dark moment of our lives... I have seen that occasionally a noble soul among screeners has the patience and compassion when rejecting photos - and adds a comment.

Now in my case when I get something like a Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue) rejection motif - and I have a good collection of those - if the screener adds a comment, I am much more focused on the problem.
    This helps me to (a) understand the problem and not stare at the photo for hours wondering where the problem might be (b) it gives me a precise indication of an error I can probably fix and resend the photo to upload with greater chances of acceptation.

I know screeners have tons of other more interesting things they could do rather than screen photos and put Disney style comments to make us all happy.
    But....pretty please.... any chance the comments could be added.... more often? ..... not always (I know that is really pushing my luck).

I hope this is taken as a constructive idea for the good of all and not for some personal glory of mine.
    Regards to all
    For subjective rejection reasons that can have multiple causes, I always leave comments (which means you can usually tell when I'm the one who rejected your image ). Rejection reasons that almost always receive a comment from me are horizon, overprocessing, centering, manipulation, and certain categories (Night Shot specifically), as these can sometimes be hard to guess. Others like color and info I sometimes do, depending on how easy it should be for you to figure out the issue on your own. A majority of color rejections are due to WB problems, which means images are either too yellow or too blue (usually the former). For others like dark/overexposed/soft/blurry which should be self-explanatory, I rarely do, although I do sometime point out if the latter are only affecting certain parts of the aircraft. Contrast usually doesn't get a comment either, since 95% of contrast rejections are due to lack of contrast.

We encourage newer members of the team to leave as many comments as possible, and they seem to be trying to do that; for the other guys, some do, some don't, but again, we try to encourage it as much as possible as we know it can be helpful for the photographers.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
      For subjective rejection reasons that can have multiple causes, I always leave comments (which means you can usually tell when I'm the one who rejected your image ). Rejection reasons that almost always receive a comment from me are horizon, overprocessing, centering, manipulation, and certain categories (Night Shot specifically), as these can sometimes be hard to guess. Others like color and info I sometimes do, depending on how easy it should be for you to figure out the issue on your own. A majority of color rejections are due to WB problems, which means images are either too yellow or too blue (usually the former). For others like dark/overexposed/soft/blurry which should be self-explanatory, I rarely do, although I do sometime point out if the latter are only affecting certain parts of the aircraft. Contrast usually doesn't get a comment either, since 95% of contrast rejections are due to lack of contrast.

We encourage newer members of the team to leave as many comments as possible, and they seem to be trying to do that; for the other guys, some do, some don't, but again, we try to encourage it as much as possible as we know it can be helpful for the photographers.

Great news and I hope other spotters appreciate the time you screeners dedicate in giving us helpful comments.
      Believe me when I see a comment I am very pleased because I can focus on the problem and immediately understand - dump the photo because it is impossibile to fix or "yahoo" it can be fixed.
      I truly appreciate this added cooperation by you screeners. Grazie!

Comment

Working...
      X