Editing Advice - Arnold Aaron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ajaaron View Post
    Would the barbed wire at the rear by the tail lead to a rejection for clutter/obstruction?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27465[/ATTACH]
    Unsightly, but technically not obstruction.

Comment

• Is this sharp enough for 1920px? hopefully not too much noise...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3320-5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	817.3 KB
ID:	1041830

PS - The spotting at Manchester (where this was taken) is absolutely spectacular!!

Comment

Is this sharp enough for 1920px? hopefully not too much noise...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27504[/ATTACH]

PS - The spotting at Manchester (where this was taken) is absolutely spectacular!!
        sorry poor quality image.

yes MAN is amazing
        Last edited by 777MAN; 2019-08-21, 20:32.

Comment

• Could you be a bit more helpful please....Poor quality in what regard? - Is there too much noise for this size? - picture not sharp enough? - would it be better at say 1280, like this?

Name:	IMG_3320-4.jpg
Size:	329.4 KB
ID:	1041835

Comment

Could you be a bit more helpful please....Poor quality in what regard? - Is there too much noise for this size? - picture not sharp enough? - would it be better at say 1280, like this?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27510[/ATTACH]
            Much too soft/blurry for 1920. Even at 1280 still kind of soft. Looks like a significant crop + heat haze causing the issue(s).

Comment

• IS this motive acceptable? - i.e. the trucks in front not causing an obstruction rejection?

Name:	IMG_3627.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	878.3 KB
ID:	1041948

Comment

IS this motive acceptable? - i.e. the trucks in front not causing an obstruction rejection?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27647[/ATTACH]
                Motive is fine.

Comment

• Just had this one rejected because I didn't include position of this spotting point in the remarks box - Photo otherwise acceptable from what I can make out.... Question.... Could I have this photo accepted into the database and I'll immediately update remarks box with details of position and description of location - never had a rejection based on the remarks alone before - should I appeal to this effect, and I'll add the remarks in right away? - Many thanks.

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	470.1 KB
ID:	1042081

Comment

Just had this one rejected because I didn't include position of this spotting point in the remarks box - Photo otherwise acceptable from what I can make out.... Question.... Could I have this photo accepted into the database and I'll immediately update remarks box with details of position and description of location - never had a rejection based on the remarks alone before - should I appeal to this effect, and I'll add the remarks in right away? - Many thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27795[/ATTACH]
                    Please read here:

3.4.2 Spotting location

You will need to re-submit the photo with appropriate remarks/description.

Comment

• Would this picture work, perhaps as a creative shot? - trying to be a little creative here...

Name:	IMG_4131.jpg
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	1042125

Comment

Would this picture work, perhaps as a creative shot? - trying to be a little creative here...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27853[/ATTACH]
                        Not sure why this would be considered creative; I am relatively sure however that it would be rejected for contrast, dirty, and maybe soft.

Comment

• Can i just check my understanding of the 'aircraft cut-off' rules.... these photos below would not be rejected for 'cut-off', would they? the full body is included, and although tail fin is cut-off this is acceptable - am I correct? - Many thanks.

Name:	IMG_1846-4.jpg
Size:	939.2 KB
ID:	1042206

Name:	IMG_1867-2.jpg
Size:	725.2 KB
ID:	1042207

Comment

Can i just check my understanding of the 'aircraft cut-off' rules.... these photos below would not be rejected for 'cut-off', would they? the full body is included, and although tail fin is cut-off this is acceptable - am I correct? - Many thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27953[/ATTACH]
                            These are both pretty poorly cropped. Either give them a wider crop to avoid cutting the stab., or crop much tighter to the engines. Both would definitely be rejections for me.

Comment

• Just had this one rejected... For unsharpened, over-processed and heat haze.

Name:	IMG_3320-11.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	566.2 KB
ID:	1042265

Couple of questions...

1. photo already sharpened almost to the max. - surely picture looks adeuately sharp?
                              2. Heat haze is only near runway surface, and not affecting any part of the aircraft - surely that would be permitted as its not affecting the aircraft itself?
                              3. Overprocessed - I can;t see any halos including when looking at the 'check for dust' tool - what are the signs here of overprocessing?

if picture reduced down to 1280px, is this likely to overcome the above issues?

Many thanks, I'm almost up to approaching 100 pics in the databse - it is so so addictive!

Arnold Aaron.

Comment

Couple of questions...

1. photo already sharpened almost to the max. - surely picture looks adeuately sharp?
                                Surely not, else it would not have been rejected.

Originally posted by ajaaron View Post
                                2. Heat haze is only near runway surface, and not affecting any part of the aircraft - surely that would be permitted as its not affecting the aircraft itself?
                                Affecting most of the aircraft actually. Look at how soft the gear, the nose, etc.. are. That's mostly due to the haze.

3. Overprocessed - I can;t see any halos including when looking at the 'check for dust' tool - what are the signs here of overprocessing?
                                There are some slight halos visible, but really they are insignificant compared to the other issues. If the other issues were not present, I doubt it would have been rejected for processing alone.

if picture reduced down to 1280px, is this likely to overcome the above issues?
                                Possibly, but not probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X