iansomjen rejection/editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iansomjen View Post
    Hi everyone, Is this photograph soft? I'm not great at spotting the soft areas. Many thanks for your help, Ian.
    A bit soft, yes. I'd suggest trying it at a lower resolution

Comment

dlowwa - thanks for your help.

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Having a little trouble with the horizon on the photo for G-CBPE - have had another try - wondering if this is correct?

In addition, the photo of G-UZZI wondered if the horizon is correct and if there are JPEG artefacts. On the subject of JPEG artefacts, does Photoshop help avoid this happening. Finally, does Photoshop help cure the problem of a photo being soft - you may have guessed I don't currently have Photoshop and wondered if it was worth getting it.

Many thanks for your help. Ian.

Attached Files

Comment

Good morning everyone,

Having a little trouble with the horizon on the photo for G-CBPE - have had another try - wondering if this is correct?

In addition, the photo of G-UZZI wondered if the horizon is correct and if there are JPEG artefacts. On the subject of JPEG artefacts, does Photoshop help avoid this happening. Finally, does Photoshop help cure the problem of a photo being soft - you may have guessed I don't currently have Photoshop and wondered if it was worth getting it.

Many thanks for your help. Ian.
          1. I think the horizon is ok, though hard to be sure
          2. don't see any compression

Soft images can be addressed in various ways, but the easiest is simply starting with a sharp image.

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

Many thanks for your help.

Ian.

Comment

First and foremost, can I thank all the screeners on the website for all your hard work and dedication - you do an amazing job. I always get great satisfaction when one of my photos is accepted - my Jet Photos journey has come a long way thanks to the screeners.

Can I please have some clarification on the theme of the composition of photos (aircraft not centered) - I try to use the center lines on Jet Photos but recently have had a few rejected when the aircraft appears to be in the center of the Jet Photo lines when pressing the center button.

I have attached one of my photos.

Many thanks for your help,

Ian. Click image for larger version

Name:	HB-PBKjet.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	986.1 KB
ID:	1144064

Comment

First and foremost, can I thank all the screeners on the website for all your hard work and dedication - you do an amazing job. I always get great satisfaction when one of my photos is accepted - my Jet Photos journey has come a long way thanks to the screeners.

Can I please have some clarification on the theme of the composition of photos (aircraft not centered) - I try to use the center lines on Jet Photos but recently have had a few rejected when the aircraft appears to be in the center of the Jet Photo lines when pressing the center button.

I have attached one of my photos.
                This one is a little low in the frame - there is more space above the fuselage than below it.

Comment

Hi dlowwa,

Many thanks for your help.

Ian.

Comment

Hi all,

Just wandered if this photo might be accepted - had a few problems with JPEG artefacts. Many thanks for your time.

Best wishes,

Ian.

Click image for larger version

Name:	G-DRIOjetg.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	867.0 KB
ID:	1144471

Comment

Hi all,

Just wandered if this photo might be accepted - had a few problems with JPEG artefacts. Many thanks for your time.
                      Nearly backlit, but don't see any issues with compression.

Comment

Thanks again for you help.

Comment

Good evening,

Having a few problems with JPEG artefacts. Would appreciate someone checking these photos before they are screened. Many thanks. In addition, is there a good way to stop JPEG artefacts occurring?

Many thanks,

Ian.

Attached Files

Comment

Having a few problems with JPEG artefacts. Would appreciate someone checking these photos before they are screened.
                            1. borderline soft
                            2. ok for me
                            3. borderline contrast/overexposed

In addition, is there a good way to stop JPEG artefacts occurring?
                            Without knowing what's causing the issue, can't really say. Could be your camera, your editing, your save settings..could only speculate.

Comment

Dlowwa - many thanks for your help, once again, Ian.

Comment

Good evening,

Just needed some help with these photos - horizons and possibly soft/JPEG artefacts.

Many thanks for your time,

Ian.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X