Dohwan Kim - editing advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dohwan Kim View Post
    Would it be possible to receive editing help for this photo? I've been trying for a few days now but cannot seem to eliminate JPEG compression. I know it's a bit dark, but I'm more concerned about the compression issues right now. Any assistance is appreciated.
    The photo has already been edited, not much we can do at this point. I'd guess the 'compression' issue is related to your use of noise reduction, so I'd start with that.

Comment

• Should I use less noise reduction?

Comment

Should I use less noise reduction?
        If that's indeed what is causing the compression artefacts, then yes.

Comment

• Alright. I'll also try to increase the file size a little bit.

Comment

• This is a situation similar to my earlier Aer Lingus A330 post: the sun is either directly in front of or behind the aircraft. In this case, the shot was taken a few minutes before sunset. Would this be acceptable?
            Click image for larger version

Name:	RP_C3508_3.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	447.5 KB
ID:	1076270

Comment

This is a situation similar to my earlier Aer Lingus A330 post: the sun is either directly in front of or behind the aircraft. In this case, the shot was taken a few minutes before sunset. Would this be acceptable?
              Very likely a contrast rejection.

Comment

• Alright. I'll try and edit the curves some more.

Comment

• I added more contrast

Name:	RP_C3508_3.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	461.7 KB
ID:	1076321

Comment

I added more contrast
                    Still very borderline for contrast, and other issues. Due to the weak light, not sure this one will be fixable.

Comment

• Understood

Comment

• I re-edited a pic from the Thunder Over Georgia 2019 airshow back in September. Would the small fence count as an obstruction (it couldn't be avoided).

Name:	54-06.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	475.8 KB
ID:	1076609

Comment

I re-edited a pic from the Thunder Over Georgia 2019 airshow back in September. Would the small fence count as an obstruction (it couldn't be avoided).
                          Fences are generally only acceptable if they are a permanent fixture and thus truly unavoidable (i.e. it's not possible to get an unobstructed shot of the aircraft at a different time/location/angle). Not the case here, I'm afraid.

Comment

• Alright. I see.

Comment

• I'm currently back at square 1 with this shot. Would anybody be able to offer editing assistance? Please and thank you. (I can send the full-size TIFF if needed) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0268.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	1076638

Comment

I'm currently back at square 1 with this shot. Would anybody be able to offer editing assistance? Please and thank you. (I can send the full-size TIFF if needed) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0268.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	347.5 KB
ID:	1076638
                                Image appears to be too dark to be salvageable for here. It needs significant brightening (and sharpening) which is certain to increase the amount of noise that is already visible.

Comment

Working...
                                X