This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions when asking for editing advice / prescreening from crew

As there seem to be some unwritten rules that are missed by newer users, here are a few suggestions for when you would like editing advice/prescreening from the crew:

1. If asking for prescreening/editing advice, please title your thread "(username) - prescreening request / editing advice"
    2. Prescreening is offered only for images not in the queue currently. Please ask for advice/prescreening before submitting the images to the queue
    3. Please limit your prescreening requests to a maximum of 5 images per 24 hours (not calendar day)
    4. Please post any further requests in the same thread, whether it's a week, a month, or even months later
    5. Please be as specific in your request as possible, and don't simply post images with no comments
    6. Try to attach the exact images you plan to upload to your post (i.e. don't upload unedited image unless asking for general advice). Links to images that require too many click-throughs will usually be ignored
    7. Realize that the opinions of the crew offered here are just that, their opinions. They are no guarantee that other crew will come to the same conclusion when the images are screened
    8. Don't use the advice given here in the forum as justification for acceptance either when first submitting the photo, or when appealing a rejection. The argument "xyz crew member said it was ok in the forum" will not be taken into account during screening or appeals
    9. You don't have to follow any advice given here, but... we're also volunteering our time, so when we see someone not following that advice, we can also decide to simply stop giving it in order not to waste our time

A couple of general requests: if you get a rejection you don't agree with, better to come here and get advice before appealing, not after. There is not much incentive to help those who disregard advice or appeal before asking for it. Finally, please try to learn from the advice. It's quite discouraging when some members keep coming back time and time again with the maximum number of requests, seemingly not have learned from previous advice. On the other hand, it's a great feeling when people who started out with lots of issues are able to progress and eventually need little to no advice. The idea here is not really just to get a fast pre-screening of your images, but rather to learn what works and what doesn't, and apply that to your photography so you can progressively learn and improve.

Edit: to be clear, these suggestions apply mostly if you are seeking feedback from crew. Non-crew are of course welcome (and encouraged) to offer advice as well, and if you are not seeking crew advice, there is no requirement to follow these suggestions.
    Last edited by dlowwa; 2018-11-04, 08:57.

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post
    [*]Please post any further requests in the same thread, whether it's a week, a month, or even months later
    Very sorry for doing this the other day, lesson learnt and have read all the other rules so will try my best to be of no bother in the future!
    Thanks for doing what you do, I understand it's voluntary and cant express enough how much its improved my photography over these past few months!

Comment

One more small request please:

Prescreening is meant to be used as a tool to check certain images you are unsure about, learn from the feedback you receive, improve, then hopefully not need to ask for help in those areas any more. It is not meant to be a process where you post the maximum number of requests you can, wait the minimum 24 hours, then post the maximum again, and repeat. I see more than a few guys doing this, and it shows me that they are not really making any effort to learn from the process but rather are simply taking advantage of free screening. If you've taken 10+ images in similar conditions, there is no need to post all of them for feedback. One or two will do, and you can then apply that feedback to the rest.

As you know, even though we are here in our free time to help, we do our best to answer every request. To keep our motivation to continue doing so, please be considerate of this, as well as the other requests posted above. I will continue to answer all the requests that I can, but I may start to ignore requests that are too numerous and too frequent.

Comment

To the Jetphotos team.

Maybe It is ridiculous what I'm going to say now, but for the moment the handling of this forum is low.
        Don;t know if there are any issues, but a lot of requests are unanswered by the team currently. (people who are dis-obeying the rules mentioned above I understand of course)
        I know that everybody is volunteering their time and has also a personal life with work ,family, passions and maybe even more.
        Maybe you might discuss with each other, to let more team members participate here if possible.
        Also writing this down with a personal note as I currenly have a soft reject which is debatable in my eyes ,
        But with upper noted passing now, I have no hurry, to drop it in my prescreen thread as I have no idea when to get an answer from crew.
        I don't want to hurt or offend anyone here as there is a lot of great work going on here, but it worries me now.

Regards

Comment

I asked for a picture of the aircraft in the request post, but does posting only one aircraft cause the deletion of the post? The post was deleted without further explanation.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Jihun - Korea View Post
            I asked for a picture of the aircraft in the request post, but does posting only one aircraft cause the deletion of the post? The post was deleted without further explanation.
            Please read the suggestions again, especially #4. You have already been asked to keep your posts to a single thread.

DSC_3536-향상됨-3a.jpg Click image for larger version Name: 2.JPG Views: 0 Size: 54.1 KB ID: 1153189 (filedata/fetch?id=1153189&d=1674203482)Click image for larger version Name: 1.JPG Views: 0 Size: 40.7 KB ID: 1153190 (filedata/fetch?id=1153190&d=1674203483)Click image for larger version

4.JPG5.JPG I think it will be dark/underposed because the light is low because the light is coming in before the sun rises. And I think I will receive too much or too little contrast. Perhaps the histogram is skewed to the right from the center and draws a red line? I've heard that it's overexposed or overly dark. Is this

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Please read the suggestions again, especially #4. You have already been asked to keep your posts to a single thread.

DSC_3536-향상됨-3a.jpg Click image for larger version Name: 2.JPG Views: 0 Size: 54.1 KB ID: 1153189 (filedata/fetch?id=1153189&d=1674203482)Click image for larger version Name: 1.JPG Views: 0 Size: 40.7 KB ID: 1153190 (filedata/fetch?id=1153190&d=1674203483)Click image for larger version

https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/a...n-korea-advice
              I didn't understand the meaning of the answer. But I understand now. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X