No announcement yet.

Pre Screening Advice - Robbie Mathieson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all, got asimilar rejection that I'd like a second opinion on. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8074603 - obviously, the softness can be fixed, however I fail to see in which way it's similar. The only other Perth spotting location shot I have is 9677993, which is a totally different location situated inside rather than outside, and on the opposite side of the airfield. Many Thanks, Robbie

Comment

Originally posted by VH-ROB View Post
      Hi all, got asimilar rejection that I'd like a second opinion on. https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8074603 - obviously, the softness can be fixed, however I fail to see in which way it's similar. The only other Perth spotting location shot I have is 9677993, which is a totally different location situated inside rather than outside, and on the opposite side of the airfield. Many Thanks, Robbie
      If it's clear in the comments/description that it's a completely different location, should be ok to try again if the quality is improved.

Comment

Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

If it's clear in the comments/description that it's a completely different location, should be ok to try again if the quality is improved.
        Awesome, thanks Dana

Comment

Hi All, I've been having a bit of trouble with contrast in the following 2 images, and also with exposure in the flight deck shot.
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Are either of these shots fixable or should I keep them for my own collection? Thanks, Robbie

Comment

Hi All, I've been having a bit of trouble with contrast in the following 2 images, and also with exposure in the flight deck shot.

Are either of these shots fixable or should I keep them for my own collection? Thanks, Robbie
            Terrible light on the first one, definitely not fixable. Second the exterior is blown out; if you've got enough dynamic range on the RAW file, you might be able to recover it, but in my experience that can often lead to it looking unnatural. For future reference, it's usually easier to recover shadows than highlights, so next opportunity you get on the flight deck, try to expose more for the exterior, and recover the interior later, as the opposite can prove to be quite tricky, if not impossible.

Comment

Terrible light on the first one, definitely not fixable. Second the exterior is blown out; if you've got enough dynamic range on the RAW file, you might be able to recover it, but in my experience that can often lead to it looking unnatural. For future reference, it's usually easier to recover shadows than highlights, so next opportunity you get on the flight deck, try to expose more for the exterior, and recover the interior later, as the opposite can prove to be quite tricky, if not impossible.
              Okay, thanks Dana. Will bear the flightdeck tip in mind for the future.

Comment

Hi all, can I please get some pre-screening advice on the attached. Thanks, Robbie
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi all, can I please get some pre-screening advice on the attached. Thanks, Robbie
                  Too low in the frame, and contrast a bit harsh.

Comment

Too low in the frame, and contrast a bit harsh.
                    Thought so about the contrast, thanks Dana.

Comment

• Hi All, can I get some advice on the following please - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8199039. Having used the 'centre' tool on the rejection page, it looks absolutely fine to myself, can you please advise on how to fix it. Thanks, Robbie

Comment

• Originally posted by VH-ROB View Post
                        Hi All, can I get some advice on the following please - https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=8199039. Having used the 'centre' tool on the rejection page, it looks absolutely fine to myself, can you please advise on how to fix it. Thanks, Robbie
                        Check with the centering tool again. More space above it than below.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

Check with the centering tool again. More space above it than below.
                          Okay, thanks Dana

Comment

• Hi All, can I please get some pre-screening on the below. I've been having a bit of trouble regarding overexposure on this one, however yesterday it was rejected for contrast. Is the below edit more suitable? Thanks, Robbie
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	CS-TQZ.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	522.7 KB
ID:	1099437

Comment

• Originally posted by VH-ROB View Post
                              Hi All, can I please get some pre-screening on the below. I've been having a bit of trouble regarding overexposure on this one, however yesterday it was rejected for contrast. Is the below edit more suitable? Thanks, Robbie
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	CS-TQZ.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	522.7 KB
ID:	1099437
                              No, this is much too dark. Looks like the light was very harsh that day, which is not helped with an all-white aircraft. You will need to balance the image so that it is overall well exposed without blowing out the highlights on the fuselage.

Comment

• Originally posted by dlowwa View Post

No, this is much too dark. Looks like the light was very harsh that day, which is not helped with an all-white aircraft. You will need to balance the image so that it is overall well exposed without blowing out the highlights on the fuselage.
                                No problem, thanks Dana.

Comment

Working...
                                X