Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

john1024 - prescreening request / editing advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Dear JP
    Does these picture get a chance to be acceppted. It's a scan from an very old negative. I really like the plane and that's why i ask you about your opinion. Is there any thing that could be fixed? or is there no chance?

    Thanks in advance

    Click image for larger version

Name:	19760926_19760926_1007a.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	499.6 KB
ID:	1084954
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by john1024 View Post
      Dear JP
      Does these picture get a chance to be acceppted. It's a scan from an very old negative. I really like the plane and that's why i ask you about your opinion. Is there any thing that could be fixed? or is there no chance?

      Thanks in advance

      Click image for larger version

Name:	19760926_19760926_1007a.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	499.6 KB
ID:	1084954
      Quality looks acceptable for age. Maybe just needs a little CW rotation.

      Comment


      • #63
        Dear JP

        I just saw a error in the DB
        https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9648059

        Unfortunately it's no a caravelle. Could you change it?
        Correct HB-JCO.

        Od do I have to upload it again and you delete these one?

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by john1024 View Post
          Dear JP

          I just saw a error in the DB
          https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9648059

          Unfortunately it's no a caravelle. Could you change it?
          Correct HB-JCO.

          Od do I have to upload it again and you delete these one?
          Will fix it, thanks.

          Comment


          • #65
            Dear JP community
            I got a rejection due to following reasons:
            • Undersharpened (Soft)
            • Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
            • Too much or too little contrast
            My question is, is it worth to work on in:
            1: Undersharpened is fixable as the RAW is perfect in focus
            2: What is the reason. Su much saturation? Bad whitebalance?
            3: Is that ficable? (it's a nightshot).

            I love these picture because of the reflection on the wet ground.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180122_012_HZ-AK44_B773_ZRH_cn62764.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	732.4 KB
ID:	1090306
            Thanks for your help in advance.

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by john1024 View Post
              Dear JP community
              I got a rejection due to following reasons:
              • Undersharpened (Soft)
              • Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
              • Too much or too little contrast
              My question is, is it worth to work on in:
              1: Undersharpened is fixable as the RAW is perfect in focus
              2: What is the reason. Su much saturation? Bad whitebalance?
              3: Is that ficable? (it's a nightshot).

              I love these picture because of the reflection on the wet ground.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180122_012_HZ-AK44_B773_ZRH_cn62764.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	732.4 KB
ID:	1090306
              Thanks for your help in advance.
              Can't really help you here, I voted accept on that one Sharpness looks fine to me, though I can understand the contrast issue as the light's not the best. Color I also don't think has much to be improved since you're trying to balance the natural and artificial light in the scene. If you Want to try again, try lifting the shadows a bit and going with a slightly warmer white balance.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by john1024 View Post
                Dear JP community
                I got a rejection due to following reasons:
                • Undersharpened (Soft)
                • Bad Color (Over/Under Saturation, Hue)
                • Too much or too little contrast
                My question is, is it worth to work on in:
                1: Undersharpened is fixable as the RAW is perfect in focus
                2: What is the reason. Su much saturation? Bad whitebalance?
                3: Is that ficable? (it's a nightshot).

                I love these picture because of the reflection on the wet ground.Click image for larger version  Name:	20180122_012_HZ-AK44_B773_ZRH_cn62764.jpg Views:	0 Size:	732.4 KB ID:	1090306
                Thanks for your help in advance.
                There was maybe a bit too much of that red colour cast for the screener(s) involved. Brighten the shadows and midtones a bit up, and reduce the red colour a tiny bit. That's at least what I would do. Also, re-check the horizon. Being a local spotter there, my gut feeling tells me, it is slightly leaning to the left.

                EDIT: apparently it took me at least 7 minutes to check the photo in Photoshop and post my comment here
                Last edited by LX-A343; 2020-05-23, 09:33.
                My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

                Comment


                • #68
                  Thank you all very much for the help, I try with the suggested edit. Looking forward.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X