X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• john1024
    replied
    Thanks dlowwa

May I ask your advice again, would these edit be better?Click image for larger version

Name:	20190328_349_JA732A_B773_LAX_cn27038.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	817.4 KB
ID:	1034716

Why was it too dark? How am I able to decide? The histogram looked for me fine the first time, and I had the feeling the image too dark was for me representing the situation as I had in memory when I was taking the picture.

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    For one of my last nightshot I got a rejaction because to dark (https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7236182). After advice from the forum I started the whole develop process again and came up with these:Click image for larger version

Name:	20190123_94_B-6130_A332_ZRH_ch930-Bearbeitet.jpg
Size:	743.3 KB
ID:	1034715.

Would it be likely to get accepted? Thanks for helping me.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by john1024 View Post
    Dear Forum
    Again I like to ask your advice:

Is thes pictures fine? [ATTACH=CONFIG]23975[/ATTACH]
    Is it too dark? What do I have to do to get accepted?

thanks a lot in advance.
    As it is now, yes too dark, also some banding in the sky and might need a little CW rotation. These issues may be fixable with a better edit.

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Dear Forum
    Again I like to ask your advice:

Is thes pictures fine? Click image for larger version

Name:	43592_1555757773.jpg
Size:	704.1 KB
ID:	1034714
    Is it too dark? What do I have to do to get accepted?

thanks a lot in advance.

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks dlowwa for the response.
    Is that one likely to be acceppted?[ATTACH=CONFIG]23948[/ATTACH]
    Don't see much (if any) heat haze, but those lines on the fuselage still have lots of jaggies.

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Thanks dlowwa for the response.
    Is that one likely to be acceppted?Click image for larger version

Name:	20190318_113_VP-BMS_A345_LAX_cn560.jpg
Size:	491.1 KB
ID:	1034692

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Dear Forum
    Again I want to ask for editing advice. Most rejection I got due to undersharpen. These time I got oversharpen. I know if the sharpening is too much Halo could appear around the edges. In the following pictures I can't see any.
    Here is the picture:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7253279

My question is: Why is it oversharpen? Where do I see it? What do I have to do to get the right sharpening?

Second question: Is the heat-distorion where to see? Is it behind the engins? Is it fixable?

Thanks for hints, there are all the time so helpful.

John
    Very obvious on the the thin lines of the livery along the body of the fuselage. Uneven/jaggie lines like that are obvious indicators of heat haze & oversharpening. Also visible on the leading edges of the wings. Jet wash is never considered as heat haze, unless it's affecting the whole aircraft.

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Dear Forum
    Again I want to ask for editing advice. Most rejection I got due to undersharpen. These time I got oversharpen. I know if the sharpening is too much Halo could appear around the edges. In the following pictures I can't see any.
    Here is the picture:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7253279

My question is: Why is it oversharpen? Where do I see it? What do I have to do to get the right sharpening?

Second question: Is the heat-distorion where to see? Is it behind the engins? Is it fixable?

Thanks for hints, there are all the time so helpful.

John

Leave a comment:

• LX-A343
    replied
    Thanks for the quick answer. As i understand you right, the softness could be fixed. What I'm not yet understanding is the underexposed issue. The Aircraft itself is (for me) right exposed, at the nose (there was only one light from side) is a bit in the shadow. Or what is meant by underexposed? the background? the airplane?

All the best, john
    The black areas on the aircraft are just pitch black and lacking any details at all. Having shot many photos on that particular spot, I know, that there is enough light to get a properly exposed photo. Maybe you can start from scratch and edit the photo to get brighter shadows without blowing out the highlights.

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Thanks for the quick answer. As i understand you right, the softness could be fixed. What I'm not yet understanding is the underexposed issue. The Aircraft itself is (for me) right exposed, at the nose (there was only one light from side) is a bit in the shadow. Or what is meant by underexposed? the background? the airplane?

All the best, john

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Night-Shot
    Dear JP comunity: I took a Night-Shot and get rejaction, due to 'dark' and soft. It's the following picture:https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7236182

What do I have to do to make a nightshot (it was absolutely dark) make not dark? With brightness/contrast it starts to get noisy.

Thanks for help also with the undersharpen issue.

john
    Image is soft, though not sure if this an issue related to depth of field, motion blur, or just processing.

Night Shots still need to be exposed properly and you still need to be able to see (at least part of) the aircraft adequately. Simply labeling something as a night shot does not give leave to think an underexposed shot should be acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Night-Shot
    Dear JP comunity: I took a Night-Shot and get rejaction, due to 'dark' and soft. It's the following picture:https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7236182

What do I have to do to make a nightshot (it was absolutely dark) make not dark? With brightness/contrast it starts to get noisy.

Thanks for help also with the undersharpen issue.

john

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks pdboer for explaining.

I have 3 pictures which I'm not sure if there are ok. Thanks for advice. [ATTACH=CONFIG]21515[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21516[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21517[/ATTACH]
    1 & 3 would be rejected for contrast
    2. is quite soft

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Thanks pdboer for explaining.

I have 3 pictures which I'm not sure if there are ok. Thanks for advice. Click image for larger version

Name:	20190121_21_N836BA_B737_ZRH_cn30756.jpg
Size:	696.2 KB
ID:	1032694Click image for larger version

Name:	20190123_44_20-1102_B744_ZRH_cn24731.jpg
Size:	643.7 KB
ID:	1032695Click image for larger version

Name:	20190124_110_3085_A319_ZRH_cn3085.jpg
Size:	572.8 KB
ID:	1032696

Leave a comment:

• pdeboer
    replied
    Dear JP Forum
    I got a rejaction due to overprocessing for these picture:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=7088959

Pleas help me to understand what the screener ment? I do not uderstand whats's over precessed. What do i do to fix it?

thanks for any help
    There is a sort of halo around the a/c. The upload guidelines give you a hint of what might have happened:
    6.7 Over Processed / Bad postprocessing

This rejection may apply to photos which simply look over processed. This can be for example an improper use of noise removal programs up to the result of getting a plastic like look or smudgy edges. Also, halos caused by wrong sharpening settings or other wrong post processing settings, will result in a rejection.

https://forums.jetphotos.com/showthr...ES-New-version

Leave a comment:

Working...
X