• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dlowwa
    replied
    Originally posted by john1024 View Post
    Dear all

I wonder what do I have to set for following shot of the DC6 from flying bulls. It was rejected to missing categories.

Second rejection was horizont unlevel.
    Personally I do not understand, all the poles are vertically, WHY it's 'unlevel'? Shut I rotate it, so the vertical poles are not correct?
    also consider: It's a wide anlgel shot and so there is a distortion.
    Poles are not vertical. Needs CW rotation.

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Dear all

I wonder what do I have to set for following shot of the DC6 from flying bulls. It was rejected to missing categories.

Second rejection was horizont unlevel.
    Personally I do not understand, all the poles are vertically, WHY it's 'unlevel'? Shut I rotate it, so the vertical poles are not correct?
    also consider: It's a wide anlgel shot and so there is a distortion.

PLEASE help. Click image for larger version

Name:	1621651_1694981008.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.53 MB
ID:	1170757

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Dear JP community

I try to add a new aircraft, but got not accepted (there was also no comment form the screener).Could you help me to add following aricraft:

Thanks for help.

John

Leave a comment:

• crisquijano
    replied
    Correct. Possible the original file lacks enough info for the jpg to render smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• Oojiflip
    replied
    Originally posted by crisquijano View Post

Hi john,
    I am not a screener. On #2 there are "artifacts" still visible in the bottom, like small "blocks" in the gradient from lighter to darker tones. They are quite visible when zoomed in. Try a different method for saving the jpg. I hope his helps.
    cq
    This happened all the time when I shot JPEG back in the day so it could be that the photo is doomed to begin with

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Originally posted by crisquijano View Post

Hi john,
    I am not a screener. On #2 there are "artifacts" still visible in the bottom, like small "blocks" in the gradient from lighter to darker tones. They are quite visible when zoomed in. Try a different method for saving the jpg. I hope his helps.
    cq
    +1 I can only agree there.

Leave a comment:

• crisquijano
    replied
    Thanks a lot Alex.

I'm not sure what it means with the 'compressed sky'. ButI tried a new version with less adjustments (brightness, and a bit of contrast and sharpening).

Thanks in adwance for further feedback.
    John
    Hi john,
    cq

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Thanks a lot Alex.

I'm not sure what it means with the 'compressed sky'. ButI tried a new version with less adjustments (brightness, and a bit of contrast and sharpening).

Thanks in adwance for further feedback.
    John
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Dear JP Crew
    Again I would ask you for help for the following pictures: They are photographed jst after sunset. Presonally I realy like the colors, they were incredible.

What do I have to do to get that accepted? As nightshot shoud be ok, or what have to be done.

All the best, John.
    1) dark tonnes are a bit underexposed.

2) Sky is very compressed

Regards
    Alex

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Dear JP Crew
    Again I would ask you for help for the following pictures: They are photographed jst after sunset. Presonally I realy like the colors, they were incredible.

What do I have to do to get that accepted? As nightshot shoud be ok, or what have to be done.

All the best, John.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks a lot dlowwa.

As I understod I did a few adjustments and also 1920.
    Any chance? Personally Iike the snowstorm and quite proud that I was able to catch under that (almost) impsssible situation that special. That's why I ask for advice.
    0% chance at this resolution. Soft/blurry and some noise (not snow).

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Thanks a lot dlowwa.

As I understod I did a few adjustments and also 1920.
    Any chance? Personally Iike the snowstorm and quite proud that I was able to catch under that (almost) impsssible situation that special. That's why I ask for advice.

Thanks in advance also for all of your great work.

All the best, John Click image for larger version

Name:	20230127_02_V8-MHB_B762_ZRH_cn25537.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	1153733

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Dear JP comunity
    Want you to ask for following picture: It was taken during heavy snowfall (visible in the lights for the fine). The Iso was at 160, but due to the snow looks like heavy noise.
    Ismthat acceptable? The plane stands for some minutes, so the pictuer was taken with low ISO and long expouser.

Thanks in advance for feedback. John
    Softness/contrast/poor light would just as big issues, if not bigger than the apparent 'noise'.

Leave a comment:

• john1024
    replied
    Dear JP comunity
    Want you to ask for following picture: It was taken during heavy snowfall (visible in the lights for the fine). The Iso was at 160, but due to the snow looks like heavy noise.
    Ismthat acceptable? The plane stands for some minutes, so the pictuer was taken with low ISO and long expouser.

Thanks in advance for feedback. John
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• dlowwa
    replied
    Thanks a lot for your help and ffedback.

What about following?

Thanks in advance for your answer. All the best, john.
    Borderline soft. Processing and noise seem to be under control.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X