No announcement yet.

Vincenzo Caccamo - editing/pre-screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It remains to adjust the compression in the sky in the first photo and decrease the contrast a little more in the other photo. Correct me if I'm wrong!
    Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincenzo Caccamo
      You can kindly tell me what does not make them fully acceptable?
      So I will try to improve them.
      Thanks in advance!
      Try to take such images in better light conditions in the future. That would include less cloudy days for the first image, and using a flash with a diffuser for the second.

Comment

• Unfortunately those helicopters only came on that cloudy day and I couldn’t help it. I thank you once again for your advice.
        I’m going to improve.
        Originally posted by Vincenzo Caccamo View Post
        It remains to adjust the compression in the sky in the first photo and decrease the contrast a little more in the other photo. Correct me if I'm wrong!
        Thanks in advance!
        Meanwhile I make these last changes and upload the photos hoping it’s the right time!

if you do not agree that they will be accepted after these changes please tell me and why as well. Thank you

Comment

• Hello,
          The following image has just been rejected.
          JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I do not understand why the photo was rejected by contrast. Is it stil insufficient?

There is no excessive sharpening. It is just the image converted from 2992 px to 1280 px required by jetphotos.

is there any way to fix?
          waiting for your reply.
          Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vincenzo Caccamo View Post
            Hello,
            The following image has just been rejected.
            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

I do not understand why the photo was rejected by contrast. Is it stil insufficient?
            Yes. As we have pointed out before, the contrast is your images is quite poor due to the cloudy conditions.

Originally posted by Vincenzo Caccamo View Post
            is there any way to fix?
            Sharpening? Yes. Contrast? No.

Comment

• you could have told me before that the contrast of this photo was unsolvable.

Now I am attaching a new photo where I think it is better in contrast and lighting condition where I would like an opinion from you.
              Thanks in advance.
              Attached Files

Comment

you could have told me before that the contrast of this photo was unsolvable.

Now I am attaching a new photo where I think it is better in contrast and lighting condition where I would like an opinion from you.
                Thanks in advance.
                Also very poor contrast, and unlikely to be fixable.

Comment

• Okk.
                  so also in this photo there is a contrast problem?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Okk.
                    so also in this photo there is a contrast problem?
                    Yes.

Comment

• Hi team, i have a curiosity, all those previous shots that are not repairable if they were saved in RAW would have had a better chance of being recovered and be acceptable? Just to understand if it is better to save photos in JPEG or RAW.
                      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi team, i have a curiosity, all those previous shots that are not repairable if they were saved in RAW would have had a better chance of being recovered and be acceptable? Just to understand if it is better to save photos in JPEG or RAW.
                        Thanks in advance.
                        No, the problem was the weather, not jpeg vs. raw.

Comment

• I thought a low contrast photo would have a better chance of being recovered if saved in RAW than JPEG. So I wonder why the RAW file can control everything except contrast?

Comment

I thought a low contrast photo would have a better chance of being recovered if saved in RAW than JPEG. So I wonder why the RAW file can control everything except contrast?
                            RAW files are better for recovering clipped details, be it in the shadows or highlights that would otherwise be lost in a more compressed format like a jpeg. As such, a RAW file can't 'control everything', only give you more data to work with. If an image is soft, using a RAW file will make little difference. As I have pointed out several times the poor contrast in your photos is due to the poor weather, and having more (or less) detail in the files will do nothing to fix this.

Comment

• thank you again for your suggestions. Now I have even clearer ideas. Thank you

Comment

• Hi team,
                                today i made this photo.
                                Can i have a pre-screen for this?
                                Thanks.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X