Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo rejection due to multiple reasons

Dear screeners, hi to all others.

During the last weeks I tried to upload a photo what I relay like and want to share on the JetPhotos site.

This was my first version. I explained in the "comments to screener" field that the taxiway is leading uphill at this place.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-09-30_17-32-42-1oospa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	765.2 KB
ID:	1045785
    I 've got a rejection due to overexposed only. I understood and reworked a bit darker.
    I loaded up this second version:

Name:	2018-09-30_17-32-421oospa1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	779.7 KB
ID:	1045786
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6914946
    This one was rejected due to "Horizon unlevel" only.
    I appealed, because in my view this photo is right leveled. I referred to the pole of the wind sack, which is obviously perpendicular. But maybe it is not perpendicular in reality. Anyway the appeal was rejected and I got this answer: "Verticals are leaning slightly left. Agree this should\'ve been mentioned at the first rejection."
    I reworked again by rotating aprox. 0,25 clockwise and uploaded this
    third version

Name:	2018-09-30_17-32-42B1spa.jpg
Size:	817.7 KB
ID:	1045787
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6932164
    Now it is "soft" and still "Horizon unlevel".
    Sorry, but I'm blind now for the poor quality of this photo.
    Please explain to me:
    Is version three more soft than version one or two?
    Isn't version two not right leveled?
    Is the photo worth to edit a fourth time?

Thanx for reading and greetings from EDDL
    Felix

Originally posted by sutu5 View Post
    Dear screeners, hi to all others.

During the last weeks I tried to upload a photo what I relay like and want to share on the JetPhotos site.

This was my first version. I explained in the "comments to screener" field that the taxiway is leading uphill at this place.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]19928[/ATTACH]
    I 've got a rejection due to overexposed only. I understood and reworked a bit darker.
    I loaded up this second version:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]19929[/ATTACH]
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6914946
    This one was rejected due to "Horizon unlevel" only.
    I appealed, because in my view this photo is right leveled. I referred to the pole of the wind sack, which is obviously perpendicular. But maybe it is not perpendicular in reality. Anyway the appeal was rejected and I got this answer: "Verticals are leaning slightly left. Agree this should\'ve been mentioned at the first rejection."
    I reworked again by rotating aprox. 0,25 clockwise and uploaded this
    third version
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]19930[/ATTACH]
    https://www.jetphotos.com/viewqueued_b.php?id=6932164
    Now it is "soft" and still "Horizon unlevel".
    Sorry, but I'm blind now for the poor quality of this photo.
    Please explain to me:
    Is version three more soft than version one or two?
    Isn't version two not right leveled?
    Is the photo worth to edit a fourth time?

Thanx for reading and greetings from EDDL
    Felix
    All of them do need CW rotation; the two vertical references are leaning left, the taxiway notwithstanding. I'd say a minimum 0.5-0.75 CW is needed. As for the softness, I don't really see it as a big issue on the last one, so if the horizon is fixed and uploaded with maybe a touch more sharpness, it should be ok.

Comment

OK, fine I made a fourth version now. I rotated 0,5 CW and sharpened slightly more.

Name:	2018-09-30_17-32-421oospa2.jpg
Size:	788.5 KB
ID:	1031422
      So do you think I would not loose another upload slot for the next two weeks with this photo?

P.S.
      The only problem I have with this version is that I think it is absolutely not in right level anymore.
      Look here it is another crop but exactly the same rotation as the upper photo (version four).

Name:	2018-09-30_17-32-421oospax.jpg
Size:	506.2 KB
ID:	1031423
      Sorry, but in my view version two is still that one what is leveled most right.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sutu5 View Post
        OK, fine I made a fourth version now. I rotated 0,5 CW and sharpened slightly more.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]19940[/ATTACH]
        So do you think I would not loose another upload slot for the next two weeks with this photo?
        Looks ok to me, but I could see someone still thinking it was unlevel. You may know the area best, but without any strong references (wind sock pole is not terribly reliable) we usually go with how the image 'feels', and that one will still feel off I imagine. If you've got a different frame that shows the background buildings like in your closer crop (but without cutting the aircraft) that would be best. The close crop actually looks acceptably leveled, and shows how inclined the taxiway actually is.

Comment

Working...
        X